Humans talk too much...

Humans talk too much...

in Human

Posted by: DisChordantVibes.7258

DisChordantVibes.7258

Out of all the races, humans seem to be the most talkative. In dynamic events all you seem to hear is Nolan North yelling “eat my dust” from 10 warriors. I have a human mesmer that never shuts up. I don’t have a specific problem with it, its just seems much more overt than other races. I just find it weird that none of the other races seem to talk as much. What are other peoples opinions?

Humans talk too much...

in Human

Posted by: Mejo.3198

Mejo.3198

Hmm, never thought of it much other then the fact that I find it annoying when my asura female elementalist casts spells and keeps screaming “Aaaaarggh” “Aaaaarggh” “Aaaaarghh” etc. until you go nuts.

But no, never thought of it when I have been playing with my human engineer or my human guardian. And I think I (or my brain) filter the other players audio/voices without thinking about it…

Humans talk too much...

in Human

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I hear the other races just as much as humans. I don’t even have any other race yet, but I know of these off the top of my head by just hearing them :

“This rose has thorns – here they are!!”
“Charr have no Gods!”
“I’m fast as the wind!”

Humans talk too much...

in Human

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

“REMEMBER PYRESCALON CUZ CHARR NEED NO- GUNS AND IRONVENGE THE FOEFIRE!”
WvW Zerg Januari 21st 2013.

Humans talk too much...

in Human

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

They can be a little bit vocal. I’ve got two or three skills that increase my speed, and I’m getting sick of hearing the same voice line over and over again.
Yes, I know you can outrun a centaur, shut up.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Humans talk too much...

in Human

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Yes, I know you can outrun a centaur, shut up.

It’s actually a brilliant game mechanic. If you’re in combat and busy trying to follow what’s going on visually, it’s hard to notice that you’ve received a buff or been hit by a condition.

But by making the buff/debuff notifications aural, you’re informed of it even if you’re completely engrossed in following the combat. e.g. When my character says “Time to do some real damage,” I know she’s picked up the might buff and can factor that into what skills to use next.

Humans talk too much...

in Human

Posted by: VulShanna.5702

VulShanna.5702

Well, there is a Mesmer skill that gives you a boon every 10 seconds. That might be why you hear your mesmer blather on all the time.