Kormir in the Temple of Ages...Seriously?

in Human

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

I apologize of this has been asked/stated. I played the original Guild Wars, and noticed in the sunken ToA in Queensdale that there was a statue to Kormir in the ruins. My question is why? From what I understand of the lore Kormir was mainly worshiped in Elona first then came to Tyria. Why would her statue be in the ToA when it was clearly it should have been Balthazar or Lyssa for it was a place of worship to the 5 gods (pre Nightfall).

opinions, and thrown pottery allowed

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

in Human

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Because we all love Kormir and want the opportunity to deface, er, properly venerate her statue.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Human

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

In universe, it’s likely that they added a statue of her some time before the temple was destroyed. Out of universe, no idea.

in Human

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

Kormir wasn’t the patron diety of secrets when Orr sank.

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

in Human

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

Kormir wasn’t the patron diety of secrets when Orr sank.

True, but we’re not talking about Orr. We were referring to Queensdale in Kryta.

in Human

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As others have said, it was almost 150 years before Zhaitan rose and flooded the land. Given that all of humanity had known by the end of Eye of the North that a 6th god had risen, it only makes sense that Kormir’s statue would have been added to ToA sometime before the land got flooded.