Originality

Originality

in Human

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Who am I to tell you what to do? Just some random person… But still, I feel inclined to say it because it’s been bothering me lately… Does anyone actually have any originality when it comes to making a human female? At least all the guys look different from one another whether it be height, face, hair, hair colour, what ever… But all the human females, or at least 65% of the ones I see, have the same hairstyle (the long one with the flower in it), very often light or dark blue, the shortest height and the same face with the painted on eyebrows.
Again.. Who am I to tell you what to do? If you enjoy that fine… But seriously? Do people find this attractive or what is this? When it comes to MMO’s, or any game with character customization for that matter, I’d think people would want to make their characters as unique as possible.. The only thing my characters share in common is that none of them are white. They’re all either dark skinned or black, which is uncommon in and of itself.
/rant

Anyone else bothered by this extremely overused meta | : ?

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Barliman Butterbur.4826

Barliman Butterbur.4826

I have three human females and none of them use the hairstyle or hair colour you described , they are all different heights , and i am not sure about faces but at least one of them has different face than the others so , i actually use some very underused hairstyles

but it did not catch my attention that so many people use the features you described , what did catch my attention is the overuse of some gear on human females

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

All my human females look very different from eachother. Wether there are other people using looks similair to mine is not my concern.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Nah only one of my human females use that hairstyle. And none of them use the same one. While I do have my main with blue hair, she has a short hairstyle. All of them also have a different face though I cant picture the face you’re meaning.

The problem is the people you’re talking to don’t use the forums. It’s like the people that all use the COF armor because it has flames and flames are cool, all dyed red and black mind you.

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

OT: Haven’t actually seen COF armor much recently lol. Ever since they nerfed P1 COF.

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My Human Female Mesmer uses fair skin, long straight red hair (the one with the hairpiece in the center of the back of the head), and I don’t remember which face it was. Slightly shorter than average height.

I’ve seen a few doppelgangers now and again, but it’s not that common. Besides, in an MMO with limited character creation options, you’re always bound to find a few “twins” now and again.

Just yesterday I ran into a doppelganger of my Sylvari, except that they were a head taller than me, and their eyes were red (mine were blue). We had the exact same hair, hair colour and skin colour though.

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I see a varied amount, but I do get a little annoyed at seeing all the people with the super innocent/anime looking faces, especially on warriors or necros :P.

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

I always get creeped out by screenshots where people have a long line of identical human female faces in character selection.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, let’s see how I stack up. Here’s my human necro, before I gave her the new piled-up-with-hairstick do, and my human mesmer noblewoman (ICly just a sword and pistol user, not a mesmer mage — but she needed Light Armor clothing to dress up in). Also my street rat warrior, made as plain as possible with setting the sliders to try to match my own dull face. I’d give her the beat up new face but the overly red nose doesn’t quite fit.

Attachments:

Originality

in Human

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

^ There I was sad nobody uses my fav face preset and you used it twice

I don’t mind people making their characters look like they want them to look. Female human faces are… homogeneous as they are, there’s one preset used three times with different textures, two or more used twice, can’t blame people for lack originality, when the character creator has little to offer.

Same goes for hairstyles. Apparently there’s not enough variety since the new makeover kit shows up and everyone suddenly sport the same hairdo.

If one wants originality, gotta start stacking up those gems today, maybe we get another three hairdos/faces in another year.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Originality

in Human

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s true that the character creator leaves a lot to be desired, but I just find that the overwhelming amount of identical characters is a bit irritating. As I’ve stated if someone enjoys making their character look that way all the power to them. I was just curious whether or not anyone else was bothered by how many characters look like this (the first photo of the 4):

Except more often than not I find they have either light or dark blue hair. I don’t know why it bothers me but it really, really does, lol.

Here are my characters, though. The first is my Necromancer who, as I’ve been told, has a relatively cookiecutter face and I can understand that at first glance. But I actually put a lot of effort in to this character’s appearance (in the facial region). The second is my Ranger, two shots of her because I have two different outfits that I put a lot of work in to. One is a pirate/bandit type style the other is more native to her ethnicity (and her name, which is Cherokee.)

Attachments:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Originality

in Human

Posted by: ReSpect.7125

ReSpect.7125

How I create new characters:
1. Checking out other characters of the race and gender I will make.
2. Making a character that reflect his\hers behavior.
3. Looking how he/she came out.
4. Changing stuffs to make him/her unique.
5. Choose a name that fits my completed character and press “create”

Zandra Zvift lvl 80 human elementalist
Good luck and may the six watch over you