10G in 40 minutes, intended?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

Who the hell salvages their blues&greens?
Blues get vendor´ed and greens toilet´ed, thought everybody does that.

Why the hell would you put greens in the MF? Unless the chance of 4 Masterwork → Rare is 50% or above (which it’s obviously not even close) then vendoring the Masterworks will net you much more gold.

And why would you vendor a Fine for 50-80c when you could easily salvage materials worth twice as much from it?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If your goal is to make money, vendor the greens.

If your goal is to acquire rares and MF them for a chance at an exotic/precursor, drop the greens in the forge.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Yay! My chance for good loot nerfed before I can log in! Thanks inconsiderate, I mean do-gooder!

:(

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

I guess this is punishment for defeating the tier 4 pirate thing last update before the nerf.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i don’t know why people worries about an economy in a place that doesn’t exist.
the new event is really awesome so far reward wise.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Bad economy means you won’t be able to buy those fancy things in TP as prices will skyrockect to reflect easy to gain money

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

I have always wondered the same. It’s a game and I couldn’t care less about its economy. But I guess it is good some people do as I see the advantage of keeping it under control.

I also agree that the new event is pretty cool. Went home for lunch today and played a little bit of it and I am looking forward to jumping back in this evening after work!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

This is the worst bullkitten iv’e ever seen in a game.

What a disaster.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Are people seriously upset about this? Are these the same people who were upset about NOT ENOUGH loot drops, and now people are actually complaining that loot is too good? W-T-H???? also, it’s just a game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Please for the love of êverything, fix this. Too OP. Just got 10g in less than an hour too.

From finding and selling cores/lodestones and T6 mats yes? If so, then you just caught the market before it has adjusted. If that is 10g pure coin and vender then oh my.

10g in an hour seems extreme to me, but then again I’m holding on to all the t6 mats I get there.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I only salvage blues for the monthly achievement. Otherwise they go straight to vendor. Same with greens, since the cost of rares is so low that the amount of greens you can expect to put into the toilet before you get a rare vendor for far more than most rares.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

The title is misleading to the information. You make about 3 gold in under an hour and then sell the mats on a market that hasn’t had time to level itself off yet. I am assuming the lodestones are intended seeing as crafting will be raised to 500 in the future.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

The title is not misleading. If you get 3 gold in an hour + mats only your zerg is too small.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

The title is not misleading. If you get 3 gold in an hour + mats only your zerg is too small.

Thats not what the op said.

i sold rares and cores i found on the TP but i think i got about 3g only from the bags they drop

They already hotfixed it anyways so what does it matter anymore? Not entirely sure if DR made the champs stop dropping bags for me or not. But I did log out for 3-4 hrs this afternoon and when logging back in the loot in the pavilion was terrible for me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

If it’s mainly gold from TP, it’s not so bad from the game. That would mean the wealth is just being spread as richer players buy up rarer materials from the market.
It’s high amounts of npc generated gold that’s more damaging imo.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

It is actually very similar to the mad king labyrinth from Halloween. I don’t think that ruined the economy or had people freaking out.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

How are people making good money off this? The stupid Champion bags are all giving me only ~6 silver, a few middle-tier crafting materials and a green piece of armor. Every time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

How are people making good money off this? The stupid Champion bags are all giving me only ~6 silver, a few middle-tier crafting materials and a green piece of armor. Every time.

You’re about 8 hours too late. They’ve nerfed it 3 times since this thread was made.

Seems to be down to a more reasonable 4-5g/hr now, consistent with other parts of the game. Xp is still above average though, as is the fun factor!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

I ran the loot train for 2 hours this morning when it first came out, and another hour this evening. Mostly with huge zergs farming Queensdale continuously. Probably killed 80-90 champions all told.

Result: about 4g (total, from every source)
0 lodestones
0 cores
0 exotics
2 rares — total
I did get some amount of T6 mats
All the rest was blue/green/trash, lower-level mats, and coin bags

WTF is my roi so frikkin’ horrible compared to everyone else? Does Anet hate me, or am I just the unluckiest mother in the history of the universe?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sanlucifer.1742

Sanlucifer.1742

Did they really nerfed it? why they never document those things and besides why it is always that the first people get so much advantages and then the rest gets nothing pretty much… its like hey people is having too much fun and enjoying the game, lets nerf it so they dont enjoy it anymore and the rest actually hates them because of their luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Grimwolf.7163

So… what was the point in Champion loot then? The loot is now still terrible enough that many people would see one and just be like “Meh, not worth it” and keep on walking. Is it even much better than it started now?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I ran the loot train for 2 hours this morning when it first came out, and another hour this evening. Mostly with huge zergs farming Queensdale continuously. Probably killed 80-90 champions all told.

Result: about 4g (total, from every source)
0 lodestones
0 cores
0 exotics
2 rares — total
I did get some amount of T6 mats
All the rest was blue/green/trash, lower-level mats, and coin bags

WTF is my roi so frikkin’ horrible compared to everyone else? Does Anet hate me, or am I just the unluckiest mother in the history of the universe?

You are farming in a level 1 area… what did you expect? Those champs drop T1 Champ boxes which contain very little. If you want more mats, exotics, and lodestones you will need to kill lvl 80 champs.

So… what was the point in Champion loot then? The loot is now still terrible enough that many people would see one and just be like “Meh, not worth it” and keep on walking. Is it even much better than it started now?

The champ loot was not nerfed. The champs themselves were removed. During the first few hours of the event the centaur area of the pavillion spawned 4-5 champ centaurs with a 3 minute respawn timer. People were pulling in 100 T6 champ chests an hour, leading to insane amounts of loot. They removed those centaurs.

in Queen's Jubilee

Grimwolf.7163

…So it always sucked, and people were just doing well by pulling out sheer numbers to defeat the bad RNG?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

I wish I never went to bed before the the nerf!

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

You are farming in a level 1 area… what did you expect? Those champs drop T1 Champ boxes which contain very little. If you want more mats, exotics, and lodestones you will need to kill lvl 80 champs.

I was farming with a group of 4, and every one of them gained more in the first half hour than I got in the full 3 hours. Those Queens champs were dropping lodestones and exotics aplenty (as evidenced by my group members’ constant chat shots after almost every champ).

I guess I’m not contradicting the OP so much as QQing about my consistently horrible RNG/bad luck. I think my account is marked for constant DR or something. (trying for clovers, I managed to get exactly 12 clovers out of 150 attempts, just as an example of stupid dumb random bad luck).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Its been totally NERFED now, you can’t get even near a gold per hour, not worth doing at all…

Just blues/greens + 6s and rubbish gauntlet tickets…

Another MASSIVE FAIL by Anet…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: errebi.7630

errebi.7630

I have only one thing to ask to the OP: why did you wrote this post?
Were you worried about the global economy of the game?
Why didn’t you post in Trading Post section?
I really would like to read your answer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I didn’t even get 2 gold in an hour there >:(

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Why the hell would you ever complain about too much money.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

3/4’s of the forums cry for the sake of crying, no matter how miniscule the problem is. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: OverlordOutpost.5961

OverlordOutpost.5961

If you get everyone in the US a million dollars, you just devalued the value of the US Dollar by a lot. That million is now worth a TON less, as well as any money and savings you had before. That’s why.

(edited by OverlordOutpost.5961)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

A big thank-you from me to Anet for the nerf.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Its been totally NERFED now, you can’t get even near a gold per hour, not worth doing at all…

Just blues/greens + 6s and rubbish gauntlet tickets…

Another MASSIVE FAIL by Anet…

I got about 4 gold, not selling rare/t6 (which where aplenty) a couple hours ago. So yes you can get a gold per hour. Now it doesn’t mean everyone will get it. RNG…
And if there was any fail by ANet, it would have been letting all those champ centaurs roam free and break the economy. The fix they did was the right thing, not a fail.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

lol i was thinking the same thing when i was reading this yesterday… forum crys about every farmable area being nerfed…suddenly forum crys for farming nerf?? and now today there are forum crys saying they nerfed the new area….jeez make up your minds lol.

On a side note i luckily got in a good 20-30 min yesterday during lunch, made a quick 5-6 gold

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Don’t need gold….need mats (that can get me gold whenever I want). Also, runes salvabed can often sell on TP for much more gold than vendoring the item. You may have a point about greens in the toilet (can these generate a rare?), but I’ve never been a big flusher.

Armchair economists that think they need to “save GW2 dying economy” or people with hoarded T6 mats that realize their gambit to buy T6 low and sell high just got torpedoed…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Queen's Jubilee

mtpelion.4562

Don’t need gold….need mats (that can get me gold whenever I want). Also, runes salvabed can often sell on TP for much more gold than vendoring the item. You may have a point about greens in the toilet (can these generate a rare?), but I’ve never been a big flusher.

There is always a 20% chance that the output from the forge will be upgraded in rarity. That means that on average, every 20 greens you drop in the forge will net you 1 rare (yellow).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

lol you made 10g because you sold everything on the TP. Not everyone does that and not everyone farms these events like you do.

This isnt the first time such events were present where you make lots of money from farming t6 mats and whatnot so dont get your panties in a twist. This actually brings everyone a chance to actually get t6 and lodestones that you need hundreds of to make any nice skin, and i wish that their drop rate would be in the rank of t5 mats, simply because then people would actually have a chance to craft the things they want instead of buying it from the people who overprice things.

Anet, please keep the t6 and lodes coming.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

A question about the nerfs: Did the nerf the champion bags’ drops or the drops from the monsters inside the arena? Because if it’s the first, that goes against the point of adding the champion bags in the first place. If they did nerf the bags, then was it the direct gold you could get, or the stuff valued by players?

Also keep in mind that as the event progresses item values decrease, meaning less profit.

Others areas don’t have such a huge amount of champions/legends in one place to farm anyway, so it’d be a bad idea to base it off of this temporary content imo.

If you get everyone in the US a million dollars, you just devalued the value of the US Dollar by a lot. That million is now worth a TON less, as well as any money and savings you had before. That’s why.

But the money is being made from the TP, so it’s not giving everyone in the US a million dollars. It’s giving everyone commodities, which are then sold to the rich for said dollars. Money being spread is very, very different from money being generated. Of course the commodities are still lowering in value, but I think that was part of the plan.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

The queen’s pavillion gave me 10G in 40 minutes, not only me but also my friends. is this intended? is ANet boosting the economy or completely ruining it?

It’s temporary content so I do not see the issue.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

So first the drops are bad, and now they are too good? Could you stop the nerf cry untill people stuck at work can give it a go? =)

(Why is hard (on) kitten’d?)

It is an english/american slang for male sexual arousal (erection if this is unkittened), would be my guess as to why.

kittene wouldn’t work for me once ( LOL still doesn’t kittene Hard 1)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

LOL, loot in the pavilion sucks my kitten now. These horrible designers can’t find balance in this game either everything is too much buffed or nerfed also it prooves that these patches are not tested before release.
How hard can be hiring zerg of beta testers and count how much money ppl can make within an hour and adjust it?

(edited by Psychol.5783)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Honestly, I gotta thank John Smith and his team for nerfing this.

TOO much loot devalues the economy and destroys farms. Since they killed CoF P1, it’s now more important than ever to make sure t6 mats are worth farming.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Note to self, next time a patch goes live dont be at work. Every single time the firs thour in the new patch is the best, people whine and then they bring the nerf stick.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

There is always a 20% chance that the output from the forge will be upgraded in rarity. That means that on average, every 20 greens you drop in the forge will net you 1 rare (yellow).

Yes this.

My overflowing bags on a couple of my alts are mostly due to rares out of the “Mystic Toilet Dailies” that I hoarded greens for.
A couple of which I have now recycled with my spare BL Kits to build that nice celestial armor set “for free”.
But I may have had an extremely lucky streak(on average 8 greens=1 rare) these past months, as yesterday I threw about 20-30 greens in the toilet and got nuttin.

As for the economy.
May I remind the esteemed players that ANet´s “F2P” model depends on selling Gems for real money.
Gems that can also be bought with our virtual Gold ..
(which pretty much is as real as our so-called real monies, but that´s another topic)
.. so that directly ties in-game inflation with ANet´s profit.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

I can’t see that this was nerfed. I played last night and got a ton of rares and tons of greens and blues. Since the Pavillion event has started I have made a ton of gold from merching the green/blue items. AND I have gotten 4 exotics from Mystic Forging some of the rares. Also I have gotten 2 exotics from the boss special loot bags. The about of crafting materials has stocked up my collection bank too. Large claws especially which I now have to sell on the TP because i have so many.

My Magic find was at 298% with what gear i had and boosts

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I went from 20g to 65g after a couple hours in the zerg and selling my materials. Take advantage while you can.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

Wear your MF gear, pop an Omnom bar, and get one of the buffs from the NPC reps in the middle. Your MF should be nearing 300%. There are a lot of coin drops and with my Gold Find infusion and the Omnom they are around 1s per.

I’ve done a few hours of farming and I’m getting about 9-10 rares and 1 exotic per hour plus gold and merch drops plus tons of T5 and T6 that just go to my bank. Nothing of note from Champ boxes yet though.

Kills rack up quickly, I got several of the achievements within an hour and each is 100 kills. With the zerg you kill quick and can tag a lot of enemies.

Yes it is fun and lucritive. Most fun I’ve had in the game in a long bit.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Note to self, next time a patch goes live dont be at work

“Exploit often, exploit faster”.

in Queen's Jubilee

mtpelion.4562

I think this game hates me lol.

I stepping into the pit last night for the first time, had over 300% MF with all the buffs on my farming character and managed to pull nothing better than masterwork for the 2 hours I played. I gave up and tried to do the world boss circuit just to get something out of my time and only managed to complete two of them since there weren’t enough people out there.

I was even more irritated since my guildies were linking the rare they got as they dropped and they were just piling them up.

My only solace was that the MF was nice and I managed to turn all those masterworks into an exotic.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Ran it last night with over 350% MF. Got all the 100+ kill achievements (6 of them) and still didn’t get much for the time invested. For about an hour, I got around 3 gold worth of stuff. I can do better than that elsewhere.

No exotics. No lodestones/cores. Rares were plentiful as they should have been. Overall, I am not impressed at all by the rate of return of this place.