A Guide to Liadra...

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

Hey guys, I’ve fought Liadra many times now, and have beaten her a couple times, taking not of her moves and such, and I wanted to share some of that knowledge with you so you can beat her too!
Oh ya, this might be a long read, buttttt…. How bad do you want it?

First, we have to talk about classes/builds. I am personally a thief, and I was using a condition build for the fight, but the fundamentals of the fight will be the same for everyone no matter what class.

Builds:
For the fight you’re going to want to have form of ranged dps (conditions or physical), and a form of melee. I’d recommend conditions builds, because usually they have more survivability from traits and such over and DPS build, but a DPS build does work. You will use ranged as your primary source of damage to Liadra, and melee for taking out the Rift orb things (the evil things that pull you into clones and AoE). I found it useful to have some form of regeneration during the fight as it will mitigate most of the damage during Phase 1 from her Necromancer hand projectile thing. This allows you to save your heal for emergencies. Also you’ll want to have utilities that allow you to break stuns/evade/negate damage just in case you are pulled by rift, or caught in the AoE. (Lighting Reflexes, Withdraw, Endure Pain, Shelter, etc.) Also builds that promote endurance regen are great!

So…the fight.

Phase One:
This is the beginning of the fight, where you need to lure her clones into the Yellow Whirlpools to create crystals while dodging her AoE’s. Once you create a crystal you’re going to want to pick it up and throw it at the witch lady. You’ll have to do this 3 times. Also during this time rift orbs will spawn and pull you to your doom (other clones that go boom, and AoE) You’ll want to destroy these right away! #1 priority!
Note: I’ve found that many ranged weapons get ‘Obstructed’ when try to attack orb, if you’re getting this you’ll have to switch to a melee weapon to destroy it.
Once this is done Liadra will become vulnerable to attacks! YAY!

Phase Two:
Now that Liadra is vulnerable, she’s also pretty mad bro… So.. she’s going to start using Mass AoE’s, like HUGE AoE’s. These AoE’s cover almost the entire platform except for an small area near the outskirts of the dome. I noticed that this safe area rotated in a circular pattern along with the AoE around the dome.
i.e. If you find the safe area it will either move to the left or right of you. You must, err look out for this. Once you find the way it moves it will always move in that direction.
If you find yourself stuck in the middle of the AoE field, I found it effective to count to 3, and then dodge. If you’re a class with low vigor/endurance regen (Necromancers), you’re gonna want to find the safe spot A.S.A.P. or you’re going to have a bad time. If you’re a class with lots of endurance or skills that negate damage/block damage for you, you’ll have a little more time to find that safe area. Once you find that safe area it will be much easier to DPS Liadra down, and you’ll be able to kill her! She doesn’t have that much health.
Oh, the Rift orbs of doom still spawn in phase two so, you’re going to want to watch out for those and kill them….fast, or they’ll pull you into a Clone or AoE field, and bad things will happen!

Also something to note is the fight progresses the same way every time. The clones will spawn at an exact time and an exact place every fight, same with Rift orbs. This won’t really help in Phase two because it’s so hectic, but Phase one become very easy once you know the pattern.

You’re going to die a lot. It took me 17 tries to kill Liadra. Everytime I learned something from my mistakes, and you’ll be able to overcome the witch with perseverance and the will of champions! Ok, yea that’s my pretty bad guide on killing Liadra, if you’re confused about anything, found something wrong in my guide, or have new info you can post it here!

Or.. you can message me in game at : IGN::::: Februaryy

Good luck all

Note: This was not edited or looked over a second time, spelling and grammatical errors incoming.

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

(edited by iBlasiannn.4279)

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

I’m still trying on my necro before I switch to my thief, but I got one question for you. Did you have to use the dodge food ? I guess you still will need to if you plan on getting her dead with 8 tosses of light crystals

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

I’m still trying on my necro before I switch to my thief, but I got one question for you. Did you have to use the dodge food ? I guess you still will need to if you plan on getting her dead with 8 tosses of light crystals

I haven’t attempted the to throw the * light crystals at her yet, and no I used Mango Pies, but my traits gave me vigor for quite awhile, that’s why I said classes without access to vigor should find the safe spot right away, and if they have skills that allow them to evade or negate damage use them for this fight.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Necromancers are so boned on this challenge.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

best guide for her? dont do it man , just dont do it XD

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

It’s easy to kill her as Thief.
Take P/P, lot of dodges and initiative regen.
Headshot can destroy the Rifts without need for meele set.

Here’s the build I used for her, killed on 1st try. (Gear is full zerk)

Attachments:

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

Ah very nice

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Would have certainly been nice if they had reverted the shroud nerf before this.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Would have certainly been nice if they had reverted the shroud nerf before this.

Would have certainly been nice if they actually had tested this before implementing this. Twice have I waited multiple minutes to get in only to find the previous boss that was fought in the arena (both of the times it were the ooze minions) in the arena shooting at me.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Nothing new here but thanks for the information.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dragonz.6953

Dragonz.6953

Headshot is not a reliable way to kill rifts. If you want a reliable way, I would suggest to use cluster bomb. With that said, I found it easier to save the orbs for when I needed a rally in p2.
Was able to kill liadri with 0/20/30/20/0 myself with orrian truffle soup and the remove weakness and cripple on dodge trait being the most important imo.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Thanks for the guide!

My partial colorblindness combined with the gaudiness of the floor makes the circles so hard to see that I didn’t even know the fight had any until a Guildie pointed it out to me.

Then add to that the fact I main a Necro.
Sigh! Someone at Anet must hate me.

Maybe I’ll try it again tomorrow after tweaking my graphics settings.

Benight[Edge]

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

I’m sorry that you guys are having trouble, I tried my best to give you everything that I’ve noticed while fighting Liadri, all I can say is try and try again. And yea, I’ve noticed that classes/builds with low mobility via dodges, are really hurting

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

I’m sorry that you guys are having trouble, I tried my best to give you everything that I’ve noticed while fighting Liadri, all I can say is try and try again. And yea, I’ve noticed that classes/builds with low mobility via dodges, are really hurting

aka necros ;-P

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Mesmers have a bit of trouble, too.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Yeah, this is basically what we worried about, and it is exactly what we got. They nerf our only ability to survive insta-kill burst attacks, and then implement content that relies on that cheap mechanic.

They really should have reverted that pax change to Deathshroud.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

Gonna, bump for other’s that may need some advice still

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

thanks for this!

so you’re sayign that there is a safe spot, but could either go left or right, but once you figure out the direction, you can essentialyl just keep strafing in the same direction to avoid the AoE?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

thanks for this!

so you’re sayign that there is a safe spot, but could either go left or right, but once you figure out the direction, you can essentialyl just keep strafing in the same direction to avoid the AoE?

Yes exactly this

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

Err… Bump hehehe

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’ve finished liadra with my mesmer, my advice is to take Moa elite and use the trait far-reaching manipulations for your blink

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I’ve finished liadra with my mesmer, my advice is to take Moa elite and use the trait far-reaching manipulations for your blink

I just swapped to my not-fully geared thief. It’s a lot nicer to have easy access to mobility and pure damage on command.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

General tips:

• Turn Sound Up for Rifts! To get around the restrictive FoV of the arena’s dome, turn your sound up to listen to the distinct sound of the Chaos Rift spawning. As soon as you hear it, pan around until you find it. It respawns every 40s or so. On a side note, do not try to kill Rifts with projectiles until they fix the Obstructed! bug; it is unreliable.
  • Endurance! Maximize your Endurance regeneration for learning. High Precision builds with Vigor on Critical strike, or various skills and traits that increase Endurance regeneration will be life savers! Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew is also really nice!
  • Lag Sucks! If you can help it, try to not fight Liadri when a big zerg is fighting the bosses down below. This slight delay has gotten me killed more than anything, especially when doing Light Up The Darkness.

Some tips for Phase 2 of the fight:

• Run, don’t dodge! For Phase 2, try to move with the Shadowfall instead of panic dodging out of it if you can help it. Remember that every time Shadowfall lands, move immediately to where it will be clear. Saving your dodges to avoid Liadri’s Cripple and Weakness will help a lot! If you do panic dodge, remember the next Shadowfall will not be on your current position.
  • Closer to the Middle! The closer you kite to the middle, the easier it will be to simply walk out of her AoE. Once you get a good kite going, it will feel easier.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Thanks a lot to OP and Harrier, your advices helped me get it with my thief. I’m not sure I’ll be able to get the 8 orbs achievment though but I’m pleased anyway. I couldn’t touch the orb with headshot btw so I had to switch to sword/pistol and blink to it to kill it.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evil Death Reaper.1408

Evil Death Reaper.1408

I just managed to beat her on my necro without using endurance food. For the first phase I just hit her with 3 orbs as fast as I could.
Once the 2nd phase started I did as much damage as I could to her while constantly running in a circle around the arena, once I heard the sound effect for a new Chaos Rift I used Spectral Walk followed by Lich Form. While I was in Lich Form I continued my path around the arena but a lot of the time I was facing backwards and auto attacking, when I had to turn around in order to make it to the safe zone I would put down the #2 and #4 skills. I would also use #5 to cure the cripple and weakness on me. By the time the duration for Lich Form ran out she was almost dead and I finished her off in DS. I was in full Sentinel’s gear.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

I just managed to beat her on my necro without using endurance food. For the first phase I just hit her with 3 orbs as fast as I could.
Once the 2nd phase started I did as much damage as I could to her while constantly running in a circle around the arena, once I heard the sound effect for a new Chaos Rift I used Spectral Walk followed by Lich Form. While I was in Lich Form I continued my path around the arena but a lot of the time I was facing backwards and auto attacking, when I had to turn around in order to make it to the safe zone I would put down the #2 and #4 skills. I would also use #5 to cure the cripple and weakness on me. By the time the duration for Lich Form ran out she was almost dead and I finished her off in DS. I was in full Sentinel’s gear.

There is hope for necro’s!

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Rangers say “Hi” What? You didn’t want to have a gambit where you’re at a 40% DPS loss? Well that kittening sucks.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

And I have yet to see phase 2 that didn’t start with instant leap/smack clone spawn on opposite direction and u get boxed in making middle not an option. First phase may not be that bad… but w/o any vigor/blocks/invul or blinks or freaking anything if im condition I die to her incessant autoattacks long before she is dead. Or get insta gibbed by her plethora of rng traps.
Luck? I got none. Never did. kitten anet.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

And I have yet to see phase 2 that didn’t start with instant leap/smack clone spawn on opposite direction and u get boxed in making middle not an option. First phase may not be that bad… but w/o any vigor/blocks/invul or blinks or freaking anything if im condition I die to her incessant autoattacks long before she is dead. Or get insta gibbed by her plethora of rng traps.

It’s actually not RNG in the slightest, she does the SAME skills, at the SAME time EVERY time, so if you failed enough you’d have her down to an art.

Also, keep in mind you can fear her, and her clones, as well as any KB w/e, i know on my ranger i can get through the first phase in the first 3 crystals, and then i get slaughtered by time because yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay no damage output!! God i wish i had some sort of WTFPWN elite like Lich Form…

Plague Form + Blind = Lawlz you can’t kill me since her clones behave exactly like plague bomber orrians do (IE they use a skill to kill you and thus can be evaded or “missed”) so you can always try that.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

It’s actually not RNG in the slightest, she does the SAME skills, at the SAME time EVERY time, so if you failed enough you’d have her down to an art.

Also, keep in mind you can fear her, and her clones, as well as any KB w/e, i know on my ranger i can get through the first phase in the first 3 crystals, and then i get slaughtered by time because yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay no damage output!! God i wish i had some sort of WTFPWN elite like Lich Form…

Plague Form + Blind = Lawlz you can’t kill me since her clones behave exactly like plague bomber orrians do (IE they use a skill to kill you and thus can be evaded or “missed”) so you can always try that.

Yes the AoE’s are not RNG, they are the same everytime, and it can be hard to figure/remember things in phase two because it’s so hectic. As a Ranger I would just recommend putting as much condition gear on as you can and DPS her with Shortbow bleeds/poison. If you can put a trap in here or there. or you could use QZ to get more bleeds. The spike trap may come in use during this fight too. It’s really hard for DPS builds to burn her down because you have to turn and run to the safe spot if you want to make it without dodging, which means you’re not doing damage, but with Conditions you can hit her a few times turn to next safe zone, and still be doing damage. I also noticed that the AoE in phase two doesn’t actually cover 90% to 95% percent of the platform. There are two safe spots opposite of each other, saw this while watching other people fight her.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaijin.5167

Zaijin.5167

I killed her, but in my honest opinion – as a fellow designer – I really think she is too strong.

The thing is, at some point its no longer skill but luck, which defeats the purpose of this challenge. The luck you get has to come from where the orbs spawn and if you are close enough to destroy them. Them being obstructed means that you cannot take them out from a distance, meaning you will be pulled into her AoE damage.

There are ways to counter this by all means, however, it requires insane amounts of timing and exploiting the cool down on the pull. (After you are being pulled you can choose not to destroy it and let it trigger again, with stability on you)

The second phase is another story in its own right. The pattern in which the AoE occurs remains the same, but the radius is twice as big (2 quarters of the area). The way how this works is fine because it is a pattern, yet the pattern is rendered useless because she can and will cripple you if you do not dodge, which means you either are lucky enough to be in a safe zone or you have endurance to spare, which is not going to be the case most of the time since you have to evade her attacks.

Now balancing this without breaking this is going to be hard, but at very least allow people to break the orb from a distance with ranged attacks. In addition let the orbs spawn in a certain manor so people can predict them.

For those who are having trouble in the second phase. The orb can actually help you in a sense that it pulls you away from her. At this point you will have to look extremely fast where the next safe zone will be. Take the short route towards the safe zone and safe you endurance for the right moment.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

I killed her, but in my honest opinion – as a fellow designer – I really think she is too strong.

The thing is, at some point its no longer skill but luck, which defeats the purpose of this challenge. The luck you get has to come from where the orbs spawn and if you are close enough to destroy them. Them being obstructed means that you cannot take them out from a distance, meaning you will be pulled into her AoE damage.

There are ways to counter this by all means, however, it requires insane amounts of timing and exploiting the cool down on the pull. (After you are being pulled you can choose not to destroy it and let it trigger again, with stability on you)

The second phase is another story in its own right. The pattern in which the AoE occurs remains the same, but the radius is twice as big (2 quarters of the area). The way how this works is fine because it is a pattern, yet the pattern is rendered useless because she can and will cripple you if you do not dodge, which means you either are lucky enough to be in a safe zone or you have endurance to spare, which is not going to be the case most of the time since you have to evade her attacks.

Now balancing this without breaking this is going to be hard, but at very least allow people to break the orb from a distance with ranged attacks. In addition let the orbs spawn in a certain manor so people can predict them.

For those who are having trouble in the second phase. The orb can actually help you in a sense that it pulls you away from her. At this point you will have to look extremely fast where the next safe zone will be. Take the short route towards the safe zone and safe you endurance for the right moment.

The Orb’s spawn in the same place at same time, every fight.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Zaijin.5167

The Orb’s spawn in the same place at same time, every fight.

I am really sure they don’t. I have done this over a 100 times. The AoE and light work this way the orbs don’t.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

After like 5 hours, I finally got her. This is what I did…

-Kill the orb first thing. I know some people leave it to rally, but if done right, you shouldn’t have to rally.
-Go counter-clockwise. You are guaranteed to be safe in the first phase if you go to where the AoE just was. It won’t spawn there again immediately. Just always go where the AoE was. Counter-clockwise for the last phase, you should always have a safe spot if you do this. Kill the orbs immediately, they can ruin the rotation.
-Eat a Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew if you need more dodge.

I would highly recommend having reflects, endurance regen, and condition removal. You also need a ranged weapon. I just stayed ranged the entire fight. I did it on a Mesmer. My build was…

0/20/0/20/30
II X, IV VIII, I VII XI
Utilities were Mirror, Blink, Null Field, Feedback, and Mass Invisibility.
Weapons were Greatsword and Sword/Focus
I was wearing all berserker gear

I actually equipped Mass Invis by accident, but it worked in my favor. You can use it when too many of the adds are on you, get a clone out, and they’ll leave you alone. It relieves some of the pressure for a bit.

Quick rundown:
First phase, kite the adds into the circles. They will spawn the crystals. Do this 3 times. Make sure to always go where the AoE just was, so you can avoid it. Watch for the adds, they one-shot you. Kill the orbs when they spawn. Keep iwarden or Feedback on Liadri whenever they are off CD. It will help alleviate some of the damage, as she only auto-attacks this phase, so reflects will keep her from hurting you.

Second phase, go counter-clockwise, watch for the AoE. You should be able to have a safe spot if you stick to counter-clockwise. Try to keep clones on her at all times, and immediately shatter them once they are on her. They won’t live long enough to do much damage anyway, and you need all the dps you can get as this is timed. Use Mass Invisibility to alleviate some pressure from the clones. Use Temporal Curtain to gain speed, it will help tremendously. Just keep putting clones on her and shattering. Destroy orbs as soon as you see them.

Another quick tip; since you have Illusionary Persona, you can use Mind Wrack or Cry of Frustration to kill orbs if you’re on top of them. That way you don’t have to target them.

That’s what I did. Might not work for everyone, but it worked out for me.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

Zaijin.5167

GJ, by the way, I did it as a Ranger pet on passive, since he dies anyway, the other pet comes out in phase 2, where he dies as well. I tried to knock her down and fear her with the wolf. Fear failed due to his dead.

A Guide to Liadra...

in Queen's Jubilee

iBlasiannn.4279

After like 5 hours, I finally got her. This is what I did…

-Kill the orb first thing. I know some people leave it to rally, but if done right, you shouldn’t have to rally.
-Go counter-clockwise. You are guaranteed to be safe in the first phase if you go to where the AoE just was. It won’t spawn there again immediately. Just always go where the AoE was. Counter-clockwise for the last phase, you should always have a safe spot if you do this. Kill the orbs immediately, they can ruin the rotation.
-Eat a Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew if you need more dodge.

I would highly recommend having reflects, endurance regen, and condition removal. You also need a ranged weapon. I just stayed ranged the entire fight. I did it on a Mesmer. My build was…

0/20/0/20/30
II X, IV VIII, I VII XI
Utilities were Mirror, Blink, Null Field, Feedback, and Mass Invisibility.
Weapons were Greatsword and Sword/Focus
I was wearing all berserker gear

I actually equipped Mass Invis by accident, but it worked in my favor. You can use it when too many of the adds are on you, get a clone out, and they’ll leave you alone. It relieves some of the pressure for a bit.

Quick rundown:
First phase, kite the adds into the circles. They will spawn the crystals. Do this 3 times. Make sure to always go where the AoE just was, so you can avoid it. Watch for the adds, they one-shot you. Kill the orbs when they spawn. Keep iwarden or Feedback on Liadri whenever they are off CD. It will help alleviate some of the damage, as she only auto-attacks this phase, so reflects will keep her from hurting you.

Second phase, go counter-clockwise, watch for the AoE. You should be able to have a safe spot if you stick to counter-clockwise. Try to keep clones on her at all times, and immediately shatter them once they are on her. They won’t live long enough to do much damage anyway, and you need all the dps you can get as this is timed. Use Mass Invisibility to alleviate some pressure from the clones. Use Temporal Curtain to gain speed, it will help tremendously. Just keep putting clones on her and shattering. Destroy orbs as soon as you see them.

Another quick tip; since you have Illusionary Persona, you can use Mind Wrack or Cry of Frustration to kill orbs if you’re on top of them. That way you don’t have to target them.

That’s what I did. Might not work for everyone, but it worked out for me.

Good Advice for mesmers!