About Liadri the Concealing Dark

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

I’ll be honest with you, I wanted to fill this thread with insults for who created this boss, and for who decided the achievement should now be impossibile for normal players to be completed, but I won’t break the rules.

So, just one thing, please remove the pulling orb on fase 2, so maybe some normal player as me can complete the achiement since now completing achievement is important for the rewards.

Thanks.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I’ll be honest with you, I wanted to fill this thread with insults for who created this boss, and for who decided the achievement should now be impossibile for normal players to be completed, but I won’t break the rules.

So, just one thing, please remove the pulling orb on fase 2, so maybe some normal player as me can complete the achiement since now completing achievement is important for the rewards.

Thanks.

I made a pretty long thread myself about this boss.

I do agree the Orb needs to be toned down. But I think thats not the issue. I did this boss after a lot of tries and frustration cries, I can tell you that most peoplec an do it when I, playing a 100 hours guardian did it with nothing more than yellow weapons and random trinkets i owned.

Takes a lot of tries, patient mostly.

The real issues with it is; Camera angle and the invicible rings of doom which are pretty hard to make apart. On top of that the FPS drop form not having its own insatnce and getting affected by server lag when a boss is below or nearby you.

Difficulty wise it is not impossible, hard but not impossible. All I can say is, play it enough time (more than 100 tries for me) and you will memorize the pattern. Try to play around with the camera. Expect to spend a lot of money on it. I Spent over 40 gold, just want to achieve the boss, not the rewards. The pet is a good “show off” thing.

Good luck, mate!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

214 try here, and no success yet, just speding tons of gold on repair. This is just stupid.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Downstairs Eddie.8125

Downstairs Eddie.8125

I’m fine with most of the mechanics, but one of them really annoys me: the distortion effect that blinds you. Along with the awkward camera near the walls, the blind effect is really annoying, and forces you to simply memorize the fight. It’s artificial difficulty and it’s a time sink, requiring you to repeat the fight dozens of times to memorize it instead of reacting to what happens. It’s a good fight apart from that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

I’m fine with most of the mechanics, but one of them really annoys me: the distortion effect that blinds you. Along with the awkward camera near the walls, the blind effect is really annoying, and forces you to simply memorize the fight. It’s artificial difficulty and it’s a time sink, requiring you to repeat the fight dozens of times to memorize it instead of reacting to what happens. It’s a good fight apart from that.

Disable post-processing in your graphic settings, the blind will not be effecting you anymore then (a little bit of cheating is okay sometimes!)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

It’s interesting in that it seems that very good players succeed about 25% of the time against this boss. That would indicate that there is a factor beyond player skill at work here. And, it would seem to be the Anet factor: luck. Sometimes, with Anet, the only error that you made was entering combat. Hopefully, this dynamic will work itself out of the game as the average age of developers increases naturally over time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zantetsuken.9051

Zantetsuken.9051

Targeting the orbs to kill them before they yank you is a massive pain, and the timer from them spawning to yanking you is very short, making this even worse.

Also, the camera is useless, whoever designed these arenas and decided to make them part of the zone didn’t do us any favours, but I suspect that was deliberate.

Yeah, getting her down is going to come down to luck more than skill, not much I can do against the orbs when targeting them is hit and miss, and actually damaging them without ‘Obstructed!’ popping up is also hit and miss.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evolution.8240

Evolution.8240

Maybe i could have won this if i could see the aoe circles …

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

put her in a instanced zone and we can beat her… 12 FPS with low setting against a high difficult boss isnt a challenge… is a J O K E.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

Try ebing an engineer, we cant attack the orbs. All I get when I try to shoot one is “Obstructed”. I read somewhere that melee attacks work on them. Rather frustrating for ranged classes.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

It’s interesting in that it seems that very good players succeed about 25% of the time against this boss. That would indicate that there is a factor beyond player skill at work here. And, it would seem to be the Anet factor: luck. Sometimes, with Anet, the only error that you made was entering combat. Hopefully, this dynamic will work itself out of the game as the average age of developers increases naturally over time.

Made up statistics, LOVE IT! I rate this 8/10.

As for the actual fight: Figure out the pattern and you’ll get her down easily, it is very static. Oh, and kill the orbs, asap, you can get into melee with them before they yank you.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I’d love to know wher this ominous “luck” comes into play that all the bad players are reffering to, when trying to justify why they couldn’t beat her….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

Oh, so this game can’t have some ‘hard’ to get achievements because then you can’t get it? Get over it. You don’t need to have every single achievement. This achievement is supposed to be hard.

in Queen's Jubilee

Crovax.7854

Oh, so this game can’t have some ‘hard’ to get achievements because then you can’t get it? Get over it. You don’t need to have every single achievement. This achievement is supposed to be hard.

shhh! don’t tell the entitled players they can’t have everything.
i smell a kittenstorm incoming…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

I’d love to know wher this ominous “luck” comes into play that all the bad players are reffering to, when trying to justify why they couldn’t beat her….

Let me guess, you play a mesmer or Guardian or warrior. The classes that faceroll this kind of content.

in Queen's Jubilee

Crovax.7854

Let me guess, you play a mesmer or Guardian or warrior. The classes that faceroll this kind of content.

warrior and thief, it’s easy on both… i’m assuming you can’t beat her so enlighten me,
where is this fight luck based in your opinion?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

My only real complaints are the camera and the color of the circles on the floor.

This actually reminds me a lot of the Mad King jumping puzzle…it was only as challenging as it was because of how the camera would freak out at times. If you could get past that, it was a cakewalk.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

I’m not trying to justify why i cant beat her. I say that with 12 FPS in low setting is IMPOSSIBLE to beat her.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

i got the mini, dont have the achievement.

liadri doenst need a nerf. shes supposed to be insanely hard. stop whining

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

in Queen's Jubilee

Crovax.7854

I’m not trying to justify why i cant beat her. I say that with 12 FPS in low setting is IMPOSSIBLE to beat her.

i agree, the figth not being instanced makes it harder for people with an older pc,
that shouldn’t be the case but i wasn’t referring to you.
my point is, there are people of every profession who have beaten her so it’s not
impossible

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

Well, try to do it with a ranger where 50% of your dps is constantly dead.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

It’s possible, but yeah…you end up spending a LOT more time on Phase 2 than some other classes do.

Bring whatever vigor you can, endurance regen food, Lightning Reflexes, etc and just try to outlast her. =(

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

This isn’t hard nor good content, it’s repeating every step of unknown events (or study guides) until you can do it in your sleep. Maybe frustrating is the right word for it. I didn’t feel any sense of achievement for completing QG, more than that I now can leave it behind. It’s based on cheap mechanics to shut you down and certain professions/builds just have it a lot easier providing the necessary tools to avoid it.

In most videos posted of Liadri, players seem to run around randomly with lucky draws on evades or running clockwise around the circle. This is BAD for beginners! When you have completed it once, you can start doing more advanced luck based stuff if you want to try out the 8 crystal achievement, but first stick to the safe. Check the image below on how the AoE works once she’s chasing you, remain cool and keep moving to the next of the 4 gaps COUNTER-clockwise. It should make it much easier to finish.
Image’s from http://whyigame.wordpress.com/

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ClockworkOrange.1659

ClockworkOrange.1659

I totally agree with OP.
I mean, why is it impossible for us, normal players, to get that achievement? We clearly can’t be bothered with learning game mechanics to beat some stupid boss.
Also, why is it impossible for us, normal players, to get that legendary gear? Anet, do you seriously think we will grind for mats to craft it? We can’t be bothered with that nonsense! I say, we should get all legendary weapons by completing that insanely hard tutorial mission we get with each new character.
Also, what’s up with all the group content in that game? We are normal players, not some no-life nerds! You can’t expect us to make friends in online game(lol, what a stupid thing to do!) to complete all those dungeons! I say, all the dungeons should be solo-able! In fact, just delete all npcs from them. It should be just a corridor with a chest in the end.
Also, who decided that selling those armor skins for real money was a good idea? Anet, you should fire that guy! We, normal players, can’t be bothered to spend our hard earned money on some stupid skins in game! What heresy is this! You should just give us every new skin you made for free.

I am very disappointed, Anet! I expected, that i would be able to just log-in and get all the game content in 5 mins or so! We, normal players, cant be bothered to do something to get anything! If you won’t change that stupid game design Anet, i will just slam that door in my room for dramatic effect and create over nine thousands threads on your forum about it!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

I beat her with 10-15 FPS. It did make significantly harder than it should have been (and I certainly don’t begrudge anyone for complaining about it), but it didn’t make it impossible. Just needed lots of practice, a moderate amount of luck, and a good build for phase 2.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

It’s possible, but yeah…you end up spending a LOT more time on Phase 2 than some other classes do.

Bring whatever vigor you can, endurance regen food, Lightning Reflexes, etc and just try to outlast her. =(

Heh took me about 15 games till i realized i won’t take her down with my BM build. After changing to power/crit build, I managed to kill her after 3 tries, while first try with power build i ran out of time.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

The mini/achievement is not meant to be acquired by everyone.
If you cannot win after 214 tries, you’re either extremely bad or you’re upscaled with masterwork gear.
The point about this fight is that it shouldn’t be easy, and apparently it has worked to some extend.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Fun fact: If this fight weren’t so rough, people would be QQing about it being too easy. Sure, there’s few technical things that could be remedied – rings not showing up very well, cosmic orbs being obstructed (part of me thinks this is intentional, so you can’t rally off it reliably), and rarely spawns from the prior fight showing up again. However, I’m glad there’s an actual challenge. Twice before Anet has balked, and the first time it was unmerited (Protect all the dolyaks in the Wintersday Defense game), the second time it was Adnul because he enjoyed being the Simon Cowell of belching. This time, it would be unmerited with regards to toning her down. Fix technical issues, sure, that’s fine, but don’t ask for cosmic orbs to stop spawning or for her attacks to slow down. It’s meant to be hard, s’crazy I know. If you’re not good enough, just live and let die. I’m glad for this game to finally have a challenge in it that’s actually tough, everything else thusfar has been either grind or a short term jump puzzle trivialized by some mesmers giving several bad players an easy out.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zantetsuken.9051

Zantetsuken.9051

Right, so you can beat her every time then? What is your twitch channel, I want to see this? :P

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Reloading.3260

Reloading.3260

Try ebing an engineer, we cant attack the orbs. All I get when I try to shoot one is “Obstructed”. I read somewhere that melee attacks work on them. Rather frustrating for ranged classes.

Pistol #1 works fine against rifts.

Only issues I had with this fight were the aoe circles on the mesh floor, the dome messing with camera and blobs being left behind. Light up the darkness was a good challenge and I tried many builds I never would have on alts trying to get it before I nailed it with ranger. Probably would’ve got it sooner if it weren’t for a 250ms ping.

Once you learn the pattern and rift timing it’s easy to beat her normally every time. Glad there was a challenging achievement behind it, extended the patch a couple of days for me.

(edited by Reloading.3260)