Add ability to sell or trade Gauntlet Tickets

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I don’t intend to use any of these and they take up a drop that I’d prefer to be a rare or heck, any other item really. There are a lot of players who’d love the 100 or so I’ve gotten but they’re both soulbound and not tradable/sellable.

It’d be nice to, at the least, be able to give them to others who’ll actually make use of them.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: emeraldeye.4038

emeraldeye.4038

I second this!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I’ll third it! :-)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

I fourth this. I was surprised you couldn’t sell the tickets. I have no need for them I’ve been accumulating them as I kill things in the actual world.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Useless item that should not be a rare.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Man, i lol’d at this. Its amazing just how uninformed some people are about things in the game.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I’d like to have a use for them, too. It’d be nice if we could use them to sponsor other players or something, or as the OP said, simplify that and just be able to put them on the TP.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Because farming in the dome is just not profitable enough…?

The only thing I’d agreevwith would be to make the tickets account bound again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I wish they account bound at least. I keep getting them on my low level character and would really like to be able to transfer them to my lvl 80’s. It’s a bit annoying to have farm/buy tickets when I already have a ton sitting on my lvl 40 who stands no chance of being successful in the arena. Ah well.

in Queen's Jubilee

Aerlen.5326

Account Bound would be fine too or make them worth 1 copper. I keep hearing people have to grind just to get them from the vendor and yet here are a bunch of us sitting on stacks.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

You guys got stuck with stacks of these after the Deadeye nerf? They are chuckling at Anet right now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

It was sooo boring for me. And I refuse to try Liadri with 8 orbs. I had enough of her. So I dont need tickets anymore.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Stillkin.2859

Stillkin.2859

Have you already forgotten they were account bound to begin with?
Anet had to change this because of abuse (players making new alts to get more tickets and deleting them again). Always someone who has to ruin it for the rest of us, i too would have liked to been able to send tickets to my lvl 80s.

in Queen's Jubilee

Aerlen.5326

You guys got stuck with stacks of these after the Deadeye nerf? They are chuckling at Anet right now.

I don’t see why. I don’t use them or buy them, I get them in drops and I’ve never even seen Deadeye nor heard of him until the forums exploded over the nerf.

Maybe read the post next time?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Queen's Jubilee

Aerlen.5326

Anet had to change this because of abuse (players making new alts to get more tickets and deleting them again). Always someone who has to ruin it for the rest of us, i too would have liked to been able to send tickets to my lvl 80s.

When I logged on, they were soulbound so I didn’t know this.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I don’t see the problem with getting too many tickets for the gauntlet. Now I sit on 40 on my level 69 ranger and can’t use them.
They should be account bound at least again.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Man, i lol’d at this. Its amazing just how uninformed some people are about things in the game.

Like I said it is a USELESS item that has NO use to me. Queen’s Gauntlet sucks and a waist of my time.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Queen's Jubilee

Darkbattlemage.9612

The only thing I’d agreevwith would be to make the tickets account bound again.

Think how profitable it would be for you and other players who actually want to enter the dome?

You get stacks of tickets basically given to you from players who have no interested in this event. You don’t have to grind or farm for tickets just spend a little bit of your earnings or even trade some of the materials you accumulated and you got a bunch of tickets for another go. What could be better?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

At least let us sell these to Merchants when you quit giving out 5 freebies to new characters, ANet.

As I see it, the main issue here is that it is possible to create / delete endless characters and abuse the 5 free tickets they are each given. This issue has come up OVER and OVER in terms of many items, karma farming, mission reward farming, etc……so why hasn’t some system been put in place to time gate character creation?

Seriously, why would ANYONE need to create more than one character in 24 hours if they are actually planning to play the character for any length of time? If Anet put something like this in place, it would head off a lot of headaches in terms of event items and other exploits that involved abusing the character creation process.

I do understand that many players often create a character several times in a row to get the look “just right” (I’ve done that myself on several occasions), but someone smarter than me could try and figure out how to allow that instead of just generating and deleting characters to exploit something in the game. Possibly some number (say 5) of soulbound makeover kit for each created character?

There has to be a solution to stopping this character creation exploit as it seems to be the cause of a LOT of issues in a myriad of other areas in the game.

BTW, I’d put this in the Suggestion Forum, but from the few I have posted there, nobody ever looks at those posts (maybe the Devs do, but other forum goers don’t), so very few ideas are actually exchanged in most of the posts there. The forum is a nice idea, but a very poor venue to have good ideas discussed and made better.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

By all means, please enlighten us.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Like I said it is a USELESS item that has NO use to me. Queen’s Gauntlet sucks and a waist of my time.

What other parts of time’s anatomy don’t you like? How about the wrists, perhaps? Or ankles?

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

:facepalm: Now the change makes some level of sense. ArenaNet’s lack of foresight is completely astounding.

Rather than changing tickets from account bound to soulbound, this loophole could (and should) have been resolved by making the mail granting 5 free tickets a one-time account-wide mail rather than giving each and every character.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Queen's Jubilee

Aerlen.5326

:facepalm: Now the change makes some level of sense. ArenaNet’s lack of foresight is completely astounding.

Rather than changing tickets from account bound to soulbound, this loophole could (and should) have been resolved by making the mail granting 5 free tickets a one-time account-wide mail rather than giving each and every character.

I have to agree here.

I did recently create some new characters to replace ones that no longer fit my play style and it took me two tries to get one of them to look the way I wanted. Each time, I got the letter and the five tickets stuck in my inventory.

They could have just as easily given every account five or ten tickets

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Queen's Jubilee

Darkbattlemage.9612

I have to agree here.

I did recently create some new characters to replace ones that no longer fit my play style and it took me two tries to get one of them to look the way I wanted. Each time, I got the letter and the five tickets stuck in my inventory.

They could have just as easily given every account five or ten tickets

As I understand it, the gauntlet is intended for max level characters. Why not restrict it to level 80’s get the free tickets.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I totally agree, i have a bunch of ticket on my useless elementalist, would love to put them on my mesmer for my farming.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I agree, and while we’re at it, I would love to be able to sell all those support buttons (not the tokens, but the buttons for Gnash and Keil).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Why not just make things like these currency in the wallet?

Little red Lioka

in Queen's Jubilee

Darkbattlemage.9612

Why not just make things like these currency in the wallet?

Probably because of the time it would take to edit the code for the wallet to include new currencies, I’m guessing here.