Advise to make Better Hard Content Thread!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Trying to keep this a thread for people that want hard challenging content while including the casuals or the lacking computer specs (before any comments about wanting cake mode already beat laidri)

1) next time please make these solo challenges instanced keep the lag down making skills activate when they should.

2) take timer and put it in gambit mode add different lengths 30 sec -2 min something like that

3) leave the mini reward for those that want it the (casuals) I don’t know may just be my opinion but most casuals would collect mini; while more hardcore gamers want leet titles, maybe leave mini in casual version while new cool title in harder version (aka gambit version just a thought)

4) I know bugs are a thing that happens no matter the time taken to check, as there are some thing that are just overlooked; however, fewer major bugs fewer complaints

5) for those wanting a challenge add a super boss maybe final boss evolves but to not upset the casuals, like previously stated maybe just add title as reward or something

6) new gambits like leash range cant go so far or so close to boss w/o taking ex dmg ex conditions ect

7) drop the weird light add blank screen(for gambit mode screen blacks out for 1-3 seconds)

8) the rings on floor were I challenge I liked but some had honest difficulty seeing rings maybe separate the 2 with different colors or solid floor (instead of falling out of ring maybe spikes come up and impale you)

9) the part I think upset most please make a auto rez for those that fail while I didn’t fail much, I know a lot were frustrated having to wp and run back up just seemed like a waste of time

10) all that said I liked the content and challenge but there could always be ways to improve and separate those that truly enjoy the challenge w/o making casuals feel like they missed out on a item or something; just random thoughts though.

feel free to add ways that this can be improved upon in the future from a casual or hardcore perspective, as I am sure they like both points of view. Try to keep this constructive as there are other threads for complaints.

good luck and have fun!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kfcoco.8470

kfcoco.8470

Good post, agree with some. I think the big thing that is lacking in the recent addition of ‘hard’ content is appropriate rewards. I don’t feel like the people who strive to get the complete the hardest stuff are the same people who care about mini’s.

AP are nice and I assume theres going to be more unique gear added eventually at 10k++ but I would prefer things that directly reflect certain achievement, like a custom finisher or rare weapon skin that is only from that specific boss or challange. I know people will cry because the first skin would be a greatsword most likely, but as long as the unique skins were rotated and all felt they had the same quality and effort put in, unlike the staff skins at the moment which seem to be constantly getting shafted, I think people would stay happy.

in Queen's Jubilee

cerberus.1937

would also like to see some “skill based titles” added to the game in not talking dungeon master or even max rank pvp as those with time or good group can be grinded without the need for skill. To keep things fair they don’t really have to be things casuals would like, for example minis or anything but a great title or maybe a weapon or armor; even then casuals might feel left out but I think I really good skill based title would be great!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Or just more good mechanics (food from dog/norn combined with something like the lazor run in CoE or the well/npc thing combined with the ooze spawns pre lower hp) combined while fixing said bug/cheeze/nintendo hard (good aoe indicators, fix camera, fix script pre enemy, not blinding the player).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Queen's Jubilee

cerberus.1937

could add something like 100 by 100 unit pillars that rise up from the floor that prevent just circle strafe the boss or if you keep running in one direction pieces of the floor fall out ahead of you (could be placed on gambit or something) making you dodge and use different tactics than run in a circle and dps (again only for people who want more of a challenge)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Make it a difficulty curve instead of the massive spike.

Halmi Hammerfall:

• Has a one-hit front cleave
  • Autoattacks

Doobroosh:

• Gets stronger if you hit him
  • Autoattacks

Windcaller Kieldia:

• Summons tornados which knock back
  • Knocks back with attacks

Suriel the Blazing Light:

• Has one hit PBAoE which misses if you are standing within a field
  • Loses shield when walking through said field
  • Autoattacks

Tyre Ragemaw:

• Autoattacks (seriously)

Masticus:

• Collect orbs for more damage while hitting him
  • Autoattacks

Salazan:

• Confines you into a small area
  • Casts GTAoE beneath you
  • Autoattacks

Ravenous Crew:

• Each one buffs the others when dying with mostly minor buffs
  • 4 at once
  • Autoattacks

Subject 7:

• Splits into multiple oozes which heal
  • All of them just autoattack

Deadeye Dunwell:

• Has mines
  • Does a Killshot which deals more damage the further away you are
  • Autoattacks

Strugar and Chomper:

• Strugar throws meat which you or Shomber can “loot” making you/Chomber stronger
  • Autoattacks

Liandri the Concealing Dark:

• Has orbs which pulls you
  • Has AoE fields which oneshot you
  • Has spirits which oneshot you
  • Flashes the screen regulary
  • Spirits must be pulled through special field to gain a throwable item, which vanishes fast. Throw animation is rediculously slow.
  • Must be hit 3 times before you can damage her
  • Once she loses her shield, covers more of the battlefield in oneshot AoE
  • Applies constant crippled and weakness in this phase
  • Has gapcloser which apply crippled
  • Applies tons of bleeding if attacks in melee range

This is one hell of a difficulty strike. It wouldn’t be bad to put some mechanics in fight before Liandril aswell.