Any gauntlet experiences yet?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

How’s the wait, how are the fights? People stuck at work want to know!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I could leave, but I’m here anyway. I’m bit curious are they any challenging at all? If you compare to for example Lupicus or Subject Alpha (on Warrior).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Uhg. Here here. I won’t be released from this insufferable torment for another hour and a half. Quite frankly, I’m surprised the patch is live this early in the day. Will be nice to come home to and have something to not let me sleep when I should be… bah.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You need Berserker gear to win the gauntlet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You need Berserker gear to win the gauntlet.

You better be kidding.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evil Death Reaper.1408

Evil Death Reaper.1408

I’ve done most of T3 with sentinel’s gear on my necro

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

liandri is really bloody hard.

Also you dont need zerk, I’m a condition necro and did it fine.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lasiurus.4067

Lasiurus.4067

Is T3 so hard ?
On Dulfy we read that only 5% of dev testers suceed in killing last T3 boss

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Got up to Liadri with only a few deaths, but haven’t got her yet, tried 3 times so far.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

I did not think t3 was dificult, read the descriptions of the bosses and know your class their limitations and what utils / skills etc to bring to counter their attacks. Liadri on the other hand is tough, the mechanics are not immediately obvious imo.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Are you able to start at the last boss you couldn’t defeat – or do you have to fight all ‘pre-bosses’ first again?

I ask because in the Guild Wars 1 ‘Magni the Bison Tournament’ you had to fight everything again in order to get to the final boss – so just wondering what this is like.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Got the point were it’s 4v1 and am stuck there. I survive the full 2m doing constant damage but due to everyone getting healed up as soon as i kill one and the fact that i can’t immobilize is making it near impossible for me to do it. I’m an Engi so that might be the problem but any help would be nice. I’m not really taking much damage either as i dodge pretty much everything the 2 whaling on me do it’s just the Heal up on a death(as the 2 melee characters constantly get in the way of my shots)and the fact that i can’t use most of my CC on them.

It’s probably my damage and if so i’ll have to complete it on another character i guess but any strategies other people use would help.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Are you able to start at the last boss you couldn’t defeat – or do you have to fight all ‘pre-bosses’ first again?

When you enter the gauntlet, you automatically fight your highest progressed boss.

If you want to fight a different boss, you have to talk to the fight manager beforehand.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

do I lose my progress if I switch back to tier 1? Is there a list of enemies to choose from?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Pinch.4273

do I lose my progress if I switch back to tier 1? Is there a list of enemies to choose from?

You don’t lose progress.

You can choose from a list of bosses to fight at the fight manager.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

No you don’t. and yes there is a list for each tier.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Poop! I thought this gauntlet had it own set of skills and stuff. Means I have to dump MORE money into gear because Anet insist on forcing me to lvl too fast, no lvl lock to have to stop lvling up. Gear went from 4 silver to 40, don’t know why the huge gap but it is -_-

in Queen's Jubilee

Pinch.4273

Poop! I thought this gauntlet had it own set of skills and stuff. Means I have to dump MORE money into gear because Anet insist on forcing me to lvl too fast, no lvl lock to have to stop lvling up. Gear went from 4 silver to 40, don’t know why the huge gap but it is -_-

You could just try respeccing to cover your weaknesses instead of completely changing your gear.

i.e.
If you’re full Berserker, play a defensive spec.
If you’re full tanky, play an offensive spec.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Actually, my d/d s/d ele can do it pretty easily and she hardly cranks out zerker warrior damage. I think every class is pretty viable for these fights. Level however is likely going to be the big roadblock to winning these fights.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I can’t even beat the Tier 1 last boss (that is the 4th total, the girl with the book). As far as I know, she doesn’t “reveal” her big oneshot attack so I have to take the damage tick or be one-shotted. She also doesn’t like to be dragged to those circles to get the invulnerability buff off. Any tips for a mesmer?

I shudder to think what is in store for tiers 2 and 3, but then again, I don’t PvP, I may just suck at 1v1.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uriel Blackadder.7586

Uriel Blackadder.7586

If you read the wiki on some of the mechanics, everything up to Liandri is bearable, with a few exceptions. The wiki says you can dodge out of the fire guys ring. You cannot. You will insta-down. There are MANY bugs that make this an extremely frustrating challenge.

The ooze boss- if you go in after someone who was fighting him, his adds won’t disappear, starting you at a disadvantage.

Many times spell rings do not render at all. I’m not talking about hard to see on the grated floor (which was a silly decision to implement) i’m talking about they do not appear.

About 5 times now on a difficult boss, I got dumped out of the bottom of the ring without a count down letting me know i was short of time. It was quite a shock and severely frustrating.

redacted because of new info below

(edited by Uriel Blackadder.7586)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenon.4328

Zenon.4328

Sigh, I’ll try to find the quote, but the developer say only 5 people beat Lidari WITH 5 GAMBITS ON.

Sorry for caps, but some people like to read part of a sentence so I capped the important part.