Appreciation Thread for Deadeye

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

Please keep the discussion about gauntlet farming in other threads, lets use this one just for thx how Deadeye helped a lot of us.

So let me start saying Thx Deadeye to make my life easier in this game, I was not playing so much and you make me get a lot of gold. created a mesmer and one guardian lvled them by crafting. Could by some T3 cultural armor as well and equip my alts. Everything has an end and I ended up with this nice alts and 180g left. I didnt farm 24/7 like many others but Im very happy with what Ive got.

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen Deady (yeah I used to call him by that)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

i will pour out a fifth of henny for you, deadsie my friend~

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

anyone remember the scene where professor slughorn is by the hill with harry and gives a eulogy to hagrid’s big kitten pet spider i think that’s how we’re all feeling about DED right now

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Deadeye netted me a Rapier, Komalie’s Dagger, Entropy, Genesis, Crystal Guardian, at least 3 Cobalts, Lord Taeres’ Shadow and recently the Zodiac Greatsword.

Deadeye Dunwell – never forget.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

anyone remember the scene where professor slughorn is by the hill with harry and gives a eulogy to hagrid’s big kitten pet spider i think that’s how we’re all feeling about DED right now

I second that.
He will be surely missed. So long good sir, you sacrificed your life thousands upon thousands of times in the name of gold. Now of course you didn’t always go quietly… sometimes you cloned your self which was not cool or you completely disappeared but still thought it was fair to killshot us. In the end i still have fond memories of the time we spent together. May you rest in peace kill shotting noobs that still don’t know how to dodge.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

I will forever be thankful of Deadeye allowing me to farm 2,200 gold off him.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I’m a little sad it’s gone. I only got a couple nights worth of farming in.

I’m more sad that making money through the gauntlets is gone completely. Combined with the new hourly zerg invasions, I bet the Pavilion will be a ghost town for the next two weeks.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

thanks, Deadeye. the fights were an exhilarating race to the finish. one small mistake and the player could be toast. though we ended on top most of the time. ; ))

rest well now. we shall no longer bother you.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dankazama.6970

Dankazama.6970

now pavilion is a ghost town. you’ll just go there to get soft land achievement.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

What I like about deadeye is that it was a farm that didn’t rely on luck, it was pure time based farm. Every hour spent would give me the same outcome. I would not even mind if they would have just reduce the amount of silver in half. I just want a steady farm that don’t rely on luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

So your telling me, you farming this guy for roughly 120 hours in two weeks… you sir, are a gentleman, and a scholar.

Let’s give this man a hand!

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dakan.9463

Dakan.9463

Farewell my friend. Your donations were much appreciated and netted me the upgrade to Digital Deluxe Edition, a character slot and left me with 160g to spare.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

So your telling me, you farming this guy for roughly 120 hours in two weeks… you sir, are a gentleman, and a scholar.

2200g would be more like 30 to 80 hours. As a warrior, I was even averaging at least 28g an hour and I’ve seen some thieves do up to 70g/hr.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Don’t over-exaggerate thief speed. 70g an hour is 15 second kill/skill recharge/requeue. At the fastest it takes 6-8 seconds to requeue gambits and boss.

Fastest kill was guardian (10-12 seconds, crit pending). Most sustainable speed was thief (24-26 seconds per kill/skill recharge/requeue).

42g/hour was the accepted peak gain rate.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

2200g would be more like 30 to 80 hours. As a warrior, I was even averaging at least 28g an hour and I’ve seen some thieves do up to 70g/hr.

How exactly was the thief making more than double bags than you each hour?
600 or so bags could be achieved with an empty arena, now a thousand bags?

Unless you are counting some RNG strike like “he got 10 lodestones in those bags!!” I don’t see how it was possible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I was watching a thief do a 4 gambit deadeye that basically entered the arena, ported to him and killed him by the time I could requeue. So I watched him a few times and he was usually killing him either before deadeye could teleport or the second after. He never waited between matches.

From my PoV after teleporting to deadeye at the start, it looked like he was using Pistol Whip 2-3 times and the match was over. The one time I timed it (using for great justice once he entered), it took him about 15-20s to enter, exit and enter again. For comparison, as a warrior, I was doing 3-4 gambits and it would take me 28s on average (to enter, exit and enter again), to as low as 24s when the stars aligned (and I never used consumables or bloodlust stacks).

The only other person I ever saw that was just as fast was a guardian, but they only ever queued once and moved on, so I assumed they had to wait on cooldowns.

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I also miss this.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Yes. I’ll never forget Deadeye. He was a great man. Brave, handsome and generous.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I farmed about 700g, some peoples are saying that I’m a no-life but seeing ppls like you I think there’s no scale large enough after hunderds+ kills there’s so kittening boredoom that you need to have an an option to turn off your brain or be crazy arleady.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Who?

I’m sorry. I never got past the tornado lady.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

My darling! I wish you could have been my sugar daddy for much longer, but you managed to help me accumulate close to 300g in 3 days. I can at least pay you a daily visit til my stack of tickets are depleted.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eini.7095

Eini.7095

It’s been a pleasure knowing you, my friend:) Thanks for my Twilight (from 30g at the start of the event), would never get it without you. Thanks for giving me a chance to watch the whole season 1 of House of Cards, while i’ve been farming you.

Also respect for about 20 sovereign skins you gave me on the way.

You won’t be missed though. Much.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

Could you guys send some of the gold my way? I was unable to farm this guy due to being ill and now that you are all filthy rich, I’d appreciate a lil something.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

Should of never been able to be farmed. I feel no pity.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The game designers must scratch their heads when they see this sort of thread. Are players really wanting a trivial challenge to be monotonously repeated again and again for days on end until they buy up every virtual reward in an online game, just so they can get bored and quit and make those virtual rewards entirely pointless?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

If it were possible I would bear one of his children to show my thanks for this 2.5kg.
Never again will I be forced to partake in shallow boring content in hopes of the most meagre of scraps.

RIP in peace Deadeye, gone but not forgotten.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

It’s been a pleasure knowing you, my friend:) Thanks for my Twilight (from 30g at the start of the event), would never get it without you. Thanks for giving me a chance to watch the whole season 1 of House of Cards, while i’ve been farming you.

Why do I suspect this goes counter to the whole idea of the game? And why wouldn’t this be completely resented by the person who has been working on a leg for 6-8 months only to see someone basically buy one after a week of farming? The whole idea behind the leg is a long-term project that you gain after much persistence and patience, not some almost-instant gratification reward you get from finding a farm that the developers clearly didn’t intend to occur.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

The game designers must scratch their heads when they see this sort of thread. Are players really wanting a trivial challenge to be monotonously repeated again and again for days on end until they buy up every virtual reward in an online game, just so they can get bored and quit and make those virtual rewards entirely pointless?

Given the fact that most MMO players (including myself) are like this, I doubt if they’re scratching their heads at all. Anyone who didn’t see this coming knows nothing about how and why people play MMOs.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eini.7095

Eini.7095

Why do I suspect this goes counter to the whole idea of the game? And why wouldn’t this be completely resented by the person who has been working on a leg for 6-8 months only to see someone basically buy one after a week of farming? The whole idea behind the leg is a long-term project that you gain after much persistence and patience, not some almost-instant gratification reward you get from finding a farm that the developers clearly didn’t intend to occur.

I see your point in here, man. The idea is EXACTLY because “leg is a long-term project that you gain after much persistence and patience, not some almost-instant gratification reward” i actually never considered getting a legendary. Turning MONTH of gametime into mindless grind to get a shiny skin was not for me at all. But it’s totally another case with “days” instead of month, which this “mistake” of devs allowed me.

I just wouldn’t do it otherwise.

And btw, speaking about “long-term” part. Wouldn’t a guy who got extreemly lucky in mystic forge, be against the idea of “proper” way of getting legendaries?:) Or the guy, who converted 800usd into a legendary? The both could do it almost instantly and those ways of obtaining a legendary have been in the game from the start.

in Queen's Jubilee

kahzee.6042

Given the fact that most MMO players (including myself) are like this, I doubt if they’re scratching their heads at all. Anyone who didn’t see this coming knows nothing about how and why people play MMOs.

People do not play mmos to do the same thing over and over.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

I do. And lots of people are exactly like me.

in Queen's Jubilee

kahzee.6042

Amazing how wrong you are.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

Amazing how wrong you are.

Obviously empirical observation supports my view. I have no clue on what basis you’re making your assumptions.