Ballon tower achievements - finished

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I’ve been going all over completing the balloon tower mission but I cannot get past 10/30. What am I missing?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You need to do 30 unique balloon towers. There are two in each zone. They don’t reset so you have to always do one you haven’t done before on your account. You only need to complete one of the missions for each tower.

Hope that helps.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Yep, I’ve been doing that. a new area of the map each time. Do we only get credit for one each day?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

No, you get credit for each unique balloon tower.

Only Orr and Southsun don’t have them.
Each explorable zone has 2 balloons.
So that’d give you 44 balloons in total.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You will have to go to at least 15 different areas to complete this. You have to do thirty different balloon towers. You can’t repeat one at all and have it count more than once. That is for your account also. You can’t change to another character and go back and do a tower you did on one character.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I’ve even gone to place on the map I had not previously visited (opened up new areas). Sorry to sound like I’m being difficult, but I have done as asked and no joy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Make sure you are opening the chest at the top

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I am, I finally got a few to work. I hadn’t tried until after the reset if that matters.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

Yeah good luck with that achievement. I think it should reset daily or after some time because I’ve lost roughly 5 chests that randomly opened without me claiming them. If any more glitch on me then I won’t be able to get the achievements.

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I’m 14/16 now for the Jubilee Ach, hopefully I can get it done.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I was in brisban wildlands an there were no balloons

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

It’s definitely glitchy – I had 3 towers glitch on me. Finally managed to finish the achievement this evening though . . . it was easily the worst one of the Jubilee achievements. Even without the glitches, it took too long, isn’t likely to be achievable for newer players as you need to visit so many maps, and was just grindy and boring. Hated every second of it . . . but really wanted that balloon :P

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LordArrgh.8073

LordArrgh.8073

the towers seem to be bugged I am going to zones that I havent been in for months and the balloons are done and I cant complete them

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

yea towers are super glitchy. if i knew ahead of time, i’d have made a spreadsheet to make sure i’ve hit them up and note which ones are buggy. right now i’m working through teh regions (Shiverpeaks, Kryta, Maguuma, etc etc) from low starter to high level map.

make sure you loot the chest. and ideally do it when no one is doing it near the same time you are – that’s when it bugged out for me the most. when people loot it right before me, i don’t get to loot the chest and i’m not careful, i get sent to DR. :///

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Another Epic Fail. 5 towers, 1 completion. But get this, 3 had chests, that I got to open but didn’t give me credit. And they were in completely new areas I haven’t been to, EVER!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Submit a ticket and move on to new zones. There are… 23 zones with 2 balloons per zone, so 46 balloons total. You need 30 for the Achievement. You can safely ignore 8 whole zones and still get the achievement. If it’s failing out on you, guest to another server and try again.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I have done as you ask as far as going to new areas. and the results are posted above. Even Anet admits there are problems. I’m a beta tester with some 15 to 20 years of experience and moving to other servers is no solution, finding out why it happens is, unless fixing this is no longer important. Further proof Anet is not up to their self imposed 2 week schedule. Oh they can push out substandard code without fail. Sad so much potential.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Does anyone know, what happens if you guest on another server?

A lot are bugged so I don’t think I will get to 30…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Guesting to another server tends to solve a lot of problems, because the problem might be localized to your home server. Evon doesn’t want to, but try it and let us know if it helps you complete the achievement.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I have just tried guesting and the results are basically the same. I went to a new server, new area, found a tower and looked up. The chest was already open. It is starting to look like going to a new area, is not enough. For example, Gendarran fields is part of Kryta. If I open a chest in Gen, I cannot open anymore until I go to a completely different parent land mass. At any rate I cannot open more than one chest in each reset it seems. I think my character is bugged at this point.

Scuttlebut in game is these issues were known in beta and it was released anyways since some could get it done, since it was agreed on that you should be able to get one done each day so 30 days was allotted for this event?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I saw someone in the bug forum suggest always opening the chests from the stairs below the top, rather than running straight up there. Don’t know if it works, but I can say I didn’t have a glitched tower once I started doing this, so maybe it makes a difference.

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

With my problem of one per reset, could someone have used code from a daily chest on some of the towers, when it was being developed?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

The latest glitch for this for me last night was an aether blade ship event that was stuck with no aether blades showing up. Pretty hard to shake their morale when they sit on their ship and mock us…“I fart in your general direction, you sons of a silly person!”

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Now I complete the required mission and as I go up the stairs the chest opens when I hit the level just below it. And of course, no credit.

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Same today, completed a mission and was actually able to open a chest. Next tower in a new area, yep chest was already open.

in Queen's Jubilee

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Well pretty much every waking minute in game has been to get this quest line done. And low and behold, after a long few days, I finally finished the dang thing. I hope others can too, but I’ve heard a lot of upset from players over the bugged towers.

Now I have to do the Torch run and I’m done. 15/16, hopefully it’ll soon be 16/16. If not just shoot me..

Update: New daily jubilee event put me over the top, I’m done and going to bed.