Biggest problem with the gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Inconsistency of block skills.

You see, warrior shield 5 and endure pain, they block some things, don’t others.
Guardian aegis and bubbles, they block some things, don’t others.

It’s frustrating to have this terrible inconsistency where you just won’t tell the players what’s gonna work and what’s not gonna work.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Am I the only who thinks its absolutely frustrating to have say shield block the roof attack of liandri but not the clones?

Or aegis or shield block not working against deadeye’s oneshot while wall of reflection and endure pain does.

Let’s not mention little things like traits such as warrior Last Stand not working against liandri orb pull.

There was way too little testing and explanation gone into the gauntlet. It’s otherwisely a nice challenge but there needs to be more transparency with what works and what doesn’t.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

I’ve discovered that the GS #4 worked on blocking Liadri’s Necrotic Grasps without doing the swing, and it would block her Insta-kill AoE’s without doing the swing either.

However, I did notice if I walked over the swirling lights that you drag the shades on it would do the swing like you got hit.

Odd the only time it did that was walking over a boss mechanic than actually being hit by something.

EDIT: Ranger GS#4 block

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

No, you’re not. What would be nice are indications that certain enemies have unblockable attacks.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I think a bigger problem is the camera angle and the grated floor of the gauntlet both make it impossible to see what is going on in the fight. Camra angle bounces all over the place when fighting cause of the curved arena. Also, AOE circles hard to see cause of grating(which you have to dodge or die). Not to mention it is red on black contrast.

This makes the fights much harder then they actually are. Not saying they are impossible but this is attributed to the design of the arena and not the actual fight. And if this was not added to intentionally add difficulty I think it is something that needs to be looked at