Birthday gifts?

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

A question regarding the birthday gifts.
I have 8 characters that will all have their birthday and according to the website.
“Characters that are one year old will receive a Mini Queen Jennah”
This means i get 8 mini queen Jennahs?

And if the xp scroll are these http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience_Scroll
I don’t think thats a reward for people that already play for a whole year as all of my characters are above lv 20…
Anyone else share their opinion about this?

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

Wait what? it levels up someone from level 1 to 20?…which you get on a 1 year birthday gift…to a character that’s probably level 80…

Wouldn’t it just make MORE sense to just ADD 20 levels no matter the level you are? So if your 80 you get 20 skill points. If your not it should add 20 levels to that level 50 you have sitting on the backburner…

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Wait what? it levels up someone from level 1 to 20?…which you get on a 1 year birthday gift…to a character that’s probably level 80…

Wouldn’t it just make MORE sense to just ADD 20 levels no matter the level you are? So if your 80 you get 20 skill points. If your not it should add 20 levels to that level 50 you have sitting on the backburner…

That would be brilliant! An account bound scroll that adds 20 levels to character that uses it. I could use the ones I get to level a couple of my lower level characters to 80.

I’d love those! Sadly, the level up to 20 thing isn’t quite so good for me, I created 8 characters shortly after launch and levelled all of them to about 20 before picking the ones I enjoyed the most and levelling them further.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It encourages you to make new characters

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

I already have a 1→20 scroll sitting in my inventory for whenever the next profession is released, seriously disappointed if that is what we get for being a year old. Logan with his Mini Jennah made me laugh though. The birthday booster is intriguing, though I assume it’s a combination of gold/magic/XP gain for 24 hours.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have 5 permanent characters, 4 of which were created at launch and 2 of them are still below level 20, but honestly even I wouldn’t find an item that jumps a character to level 20 particularly useful. My characters are all different professions so I’d want to level them up normally so I can learn the mechanics as I’m going along rather than skipping steps.

The only use I can think of is when creating random throw-away characters to play through the personal story. There are some instances I always struggle with when I’m doing them at the recommended level so this would give me an option of jumping ahead.

Other than that it’s pretty much only good for the few people who want to try getting to level 80 in the starting instance and really need the headstart.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It encourages you to make new characters

So… what’ll I do with my 9 scrolls of experience in a month’s time? Make 9 new characters? It’d be nice if there was a use for these on an existing character.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

i’m all for those scrolls! making two new characters anyway!

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

At the very least, the scrolls should turn into 20 skill points. Not as valuable as 20 levels, but at least players with no need to level up a new character will be able to use them.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I have one of each profession. The lowest is level 18. So I guess I get a whole two levels for my birthday, yay.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiva Dragons Heart.5203

Shiva Dragons Heart.5203

Giving each character the same mini, and prizes is a huge let down. On Guild Wars 1 you were able to get a random mini years 1-5 and a random tonic on year 6. I was hoping ANet would provide a much better reward system (even if it was random) for their loyal players that keep playing the game. To be honest the mini rewards weren’t that great, but the tonics were def worth it. I hope Anet reconsiders this reward system and truly surprises their players.

ShivaDéjàVu
Drâgons Reborn [Rïse]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UnitedDragonsShiva/

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I have 5 permanent characters, 4 of which were created at launch and 2 of them are still below level 20, but honestly even I wouldn’t find an item that jumps a character to level 20 particularly useful. My characters are all different professions so I’d want to level them up normally so I can learn the mechanics as I’m going along rather than skipping steps.

The only use I can think of is when creating random throw-away characters to play through the personal story. There are some instances I always struggle with when I’m doing them at the recommended level so this would give me an option of jumping ahead.

Other than that it’s pretty much only good for the few people who want to try getting to level 80 in the starting instance and really need the headstart.

This. I do plan on creating at least 2 more characters at some point, but even then I won’t be using an experience scroll. I want to play the character through the first levels and get used to the profession, not just jump into the mid-game right away.

Not a very exciting birthday reward IMO. The mini doesn’t sound much better, Queen Jennah is hardly all that amazing in my eyes, at least.

But its essentially a reward for nothing (if you’ve been playing a year I would hope its because you enjoy the game so playing the game itself is reward, not just playing to get a 1-year gift) so whatever. No big deal.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

there is good news if you’re working for a juggernaut and have a few extra characters that are just low levels that you don’t need. park them at a jumping puzzle in LA and hope for silver doubloons, unless jumping puzzle chests are account bound, in which case, my joke doesn’t work

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I recently used the level 20 experience scroll on a new alt that I got from the achievement box. Can say it feels about as bleh as I expected. I would of rathered play through the beginning zone, since I pretty much had to anyways to get gear decent enough gear to survive in the second zone. Of course I could of made some level 20ish gear for her, but I found that level 20 was a weird spot in crafting gear as well. :/

I would much rather prefer just a 10 or so level scroll or even less. 20 free levels anywhere almost seems a bit extreme. But you can pretty much do that in 15 minutes of crafting so I guess that point is moot too. lol.

Maybe they do just want people to constantly make alts or assume we don’t have alts for everything yet. But I guess its a nice gesture either way, but sadly they will be wasted away in my bank now. :/

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I was excited for the birthday gifts… and I just had my hopes crushed.

8 mini queens and some 24 hour boosters. Woohoo?

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GaryC.4897

GaryC.4897

I am disappointed, i waited 5 years since i first heard about the game while playing GW1, played all the betas, even some of the stress tested, those announce and unannounced (surprise). To hear we are getting a mini that everyone else is getting as the big 1 year birthday and maybe a scroll to level to 20 (already have from from a achievement chest and still haven’t used it.) I believe is a huge fizzle. I was hoping for better and they still have a week to change it.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

I recently used the level 20 experience scroll on a new alt that I got from the achievement box. Can say it feels about as bleh as I expected. I would of rathered play through the beginning zone, since I pretty much had to anyways to get gear decent enough gear to survive in the second zone. Of course I could of made some level 20ish gear for her, but I found that level 20 was a weird spot in crafting gear as well. :/

I would much rather prefer just a 10 or so level scroll or even less. 20 free levels anywhere almost seems a bit extreme. But you can pretty much do that in 15 minutes of crafting so I guess that point is moot too. lol.

Maybe they do just want people to constantly make alts or assume we don’t have alts for everything yet. But I guess its a nice gesture either way, but sadly they will be wasted away in my bank now. :/

what are you rambling about? i mean.. come on fully gear a lvl 20 doesnt cost more than 2s are you kidding me?.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

Yeah I’m very let down. Another unless mini.

Get rid of mini’s altogether or make them loot for us, having to hit F so much while playing is becoming uncomfortable.

Mini’s are nothing but a huge waste of resources imo. Plus this game has WAY TO MANY mini’s as it is.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

At launch I was kind of afraid this would happen when I was thinking 5 character slots wasn’t enough, this thing with birthdays was exactly brought up, this was on guru. I think I’ll use Queen Jennah from time to time, I just hate that the deposit all function deposits minis as well, but I can’t complain, a 24 hour booster could be nice and the scroll will help me farm silver doubloons or level up alts if they add new playable races, I mean this very much could be a worse situation

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Disappointed for sure. Pretty much useless to me since i already hv 8 chars at lv80.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Anet, it’s not too late. Instead of giving us the queen mini, please give us a box with a random mini, one of which could be the queen. Also, make this mini tradeable so that people who want her can still get her even if they don’t get lucky.

This way, those of us who have 8 characters’ birthdays won’t be stuck with 8 queen minis.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I am tired of minis. No point to them right now so no need to keep giving them to us with every content update. Between having to keep them in a invisible bag and having to manually launch them just for them to show is just insult to injury. I could not care less about minis just flat out tired of it really. I would rather have something new and exciting that I could actually use.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Mine will all go in the trash can.

Birthday gifts?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It encourages you to make more alts. Because we all know how alt friendly the game is, right? #timegate

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.