Champion of the Stony Shield?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Where can I find this guy? I did all the 30 balloons for achievement. Also I got 4 champions killed. I’m missing this one. I heard you should wait Queensdale near the monastery but there are always other champions only.

Are there different champions in different regions(or different probability for them to spawn)?

I haven’t been in Ascalon. Did only the western part of the map for 30 balloons… so maybe that guy spawns more often in Ascalon?

Or is it totally random and everyone has the same probability so I just need to wait hours and hours in Queensdale near monastery? But that would be boring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AeriaElara.4297

AeriaElara.4297

It’s random. You don’t have to wait outside the monastery, just jump around the map to ready balloons and hope the champ fight is the one you need. Or wait. It’s up to you.

in Queen's Jubilee

Luthan.5236

Hm… okay. Strange that someone else here where I’m waiting also only needed Stony Shield.

So we have to pay wo waypoint to all the balloons and then to pay for waypointing around to find the remaining champions? (Or walk and wait which takes a lot more time). That’s nice ArenaNet. … Only good thing is that this is the only annoying achievement.

Gauntlet stuff is hard but fun and the other stuff for kills where you need to represent the different factions is easy cause in one place. So I guess it’s okay to have this one very annoying and boring… probably not possible for ArenaNet to make it without one of these lol.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

You can ask around, I’ve found all of the bosses multiple times while doing my 30 balloons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I did around 50 balloons before finding the guy. Since the champions sit out there before the event is available, you can scout to see if the right guy is there. The champions also rotate after a while, so it’s possible to sit there and just wait, but due to the randomness, it could take hours (plus it’d be faster to just do the event to force the champion to change).

Also guest to other servers to see what champion they have up.

in Queen's Jubilee

Luthan.5236

I’m just porting around now… will cost a bit money… if I don’t find him I’ll stay at monastery a bit later again… if not today trying each day an hour or so until it get boring.

Guesting takes too long… logging out and then logging in again at another server… and then you need to check all the maps. Then I can just stay at my server and move to the different waypoints… good that I have a bit money.

Not an event for new players this time(cause you need money and you need to get to higher level zones for all the 30 balloons otherwise there wouldn’t be enough in low level zones only).

I would have preferred if the probabilities for them to spawn were the same for every boss… like everyone 20 percent… not some more often and that Stony Shield guy only very rare.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

1. Make a new character.
2. Get the nearest WPs to the level 1-15 balloons.
3. WP around spending 10c per WP to find the guy you need.
4. Switch to your main (or use your new character if you can take the guy with him).

There, you just saved a fortune on WP fees.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I found him randomly in snowden drifts last night, I think around the middle of the map. I was on my way to one of the baloons when I saw the new event warning, someone was fighting him so I jumped in and helped.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Guesting takes too long… logging out and then logging in again at another server… and then you need to check all the maps.

What? You go to a balloon and go to where the champion is. If it’s not the right one, spend an extra minute to guest to 2 other servers to see what champion they have up. By guesting, you get 3 tries per balloon. It’s much faster than waypointing around 3x as much.

in Queen's Jubilee

Luthan.5236

Still takes time…. loading time. And there could be no champ cause someone killed it so you’d have to wait.

I really don’t know why they couldn’t just make them same spawn probability… instead of the whirling guy coming in 80 percent of the cases.

The lighting fireworks was a better grind activity than this one… ha ha. Maybe they thought they made progress and made something more fun. But this really isn’t. Really only good thing is that there is only 1 achievement and the last tier where you need the super rare Stony Shield guy is only 6 achievement points.

Edit: Just tried guesting… Lightning Blade, Lightning Blade, Whirling guy.
Clearly there is something wrong. Not 20 percent probability each of the bosses. Whirling and lightning are more often than the other 3..

With hammer guy out of the other 3 the one that spawns most often… the gunner guy is also a bit rare. Haven’t seem him that often. Shield guy is rarest. Don’t get why they did it like this instead of equal probabilities.

(edited by Luthan.5236)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You do know that you have a whole month to work on this, right?

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Luthan.5236

Yes. And I have a whole month every day 1 hour time only to wait?
I got lucky and got him now… but with these low spawn probabilities it is very annoying.

Like 15-20 people came when I posted. One claimed he did that guy already 5 times today… but a lot of the others needed this one. And only this one. That’s why a lot came. He died fast then.

If I had to guess I’d say Whirling guy and Lightning guy about 40 percent probability each.

Hammer guy maybe 10.

And the gunner and shield guy each only 5 percent. Which means 1 out of 20… and of course if you get unlucky it can take hundreds… gunner guy I’ve seen 2 times cause I was lucky. But for the shield guy I had to wait. And this is boring. I hope ArenaNet continues to learn. Even if it’s only about 6 AP.

If they just rotated so each of the 5 one came in one order(and then restarting)… it would be much easier.

There are people that only have a few hours a day and they most likely want to play the game(all parts of the game and other stuff than using the hours for waiting only).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I just stayed in the same place. Gendarran Field by the eastern balloon across from the arena. They cycled, it wasn’t random, so I just did all of them right in a row, I don’t think it even took an hour.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I found a Stony Shield while hitting my 30 towers. He was in southern Sparkfly Fen. I never camped for a Tower Champion.

Though apparently there are five types and I’ve found three, hmm. Hammer, Whirling, and Stone. What are the other two?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I’ve ONLY found this guy… Found like 5 of him. Real frustrating.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It took me about 2 hours camping the champions in Queensdale until a whirling one happened to spawn. It’s RNG

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Stony Shield was the last one I needed. Then I found him 4 or 5 times in a row. It’s all random.