Charr-Human relations

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Beetle.2476

Beetle.2476

People in my guild are saying that in this update, the treaty between charr and humans is finally signed, but I see nothing about it anywhere. Where are these rumors coming from?

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

From the Rumour Mill, of course! Apparently it’s somewhere on an undiscovered map, or so the rumour goes.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

They’ve seen a charr on the concept art and they think this means the treaty is signed…

I think the treaty would be an interesting living story, even for months.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I don’t want to see a treaty signed. The charr need to wage war against the humans again.

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

if the charr wage war against humans again, then LA would no longer exist, the pact would disappear, the vigil, whispers, and priory would lose members, and the dragons would have no real opposition to them, thus allowing Tyria to be destroyed by them.

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

I don’t want to see a treaty signed. The charr need to wage war against the humans again.

I used to agree, but this trety gives the whole Fields of Ruin to the humans, and I hope they can rebuild a part os Ascalon :p

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KSQK.3485

KSQK.3485

if the charr wage war against humans again, then LA would no longer exist, the pact would disappear, the vigil, whispers, and priory would lose members, and the dragons would have no real opposition to them, thus allowing Tyria to be destroyed by them.

Yeah, this is one of the main reasons why the peace treaty was signed between the humans and the Charr. They acknowledge that the dragons are a much bigger threat than each other and need to work together to defeat them. Humans acknowledge they are no longer a dominant species and the Charr has disowned and outcasted the Flame Legion (who pretty much kittened the Charr up because of the deceit and how the heroes from the original Guild Wars kitten -stomped them and their so-called gods).

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

And then screw over everyone as a result

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Humans acknowledge they are no longer a dominant species

Go tell that to Emperor of Cantha when he’s back from his own space station.

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Get out of here you filthy renegade/separatist. :B

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I doubt the treaty will ever be signed in-game.

There are too many areas of the game that would need to be changed if it were. Fields of Ruin in particular, the entire zone is pretty much based around the idea that “the treaty is coming but isn’t finalized yet”.

Not to mention the first few missions of the Vigil personal storyline.

Charr-Human relations

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Actually, would it? Something very weird in the personal storyline is that the major powers in the game only participate in a very faint manner. I’m talking about Rata Sum, Divinity’s Reach, etc…

The Pact military force is 99% composed from Order of Whispers, Priory and Vigil members as can be seen by their uniforms. From what we see in the personal story line, joining those orders seem a pretty big commitment. If the Charr and Humans (meaning, the Black Citadel, Divinity’s Reach and Ebonhawke mostly) went in a war, how many of the Human and Charr members of the Vigil, Priory and OoW would leave their order to go to the war?

Consider well that : 99% of the troops sent against the Dragons are Pact, ie from those three orders. It seems that the orders of Tyria are actually the biggest military groups in the current world. They probably won’t let a war happen. Unless some heavy nationalistic propaganda pushes the Charr and Human members to leave their order to reinforce their homeland army. But we already saw how the Lion’s Arch humans care about Divinity’s Reach against the centaurs so …