Deadeye Dunwell- impossible start (vid proof)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Sersiouly ???? What is this. -.-

How on earth are you supposed to dodge something when you can’t see anything?

RNG instant death mechanics should not exist in any MMO, there is no skill in RNG, and dying because “the game says you will” should not acceptable.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Lol…

Yeah, the gauntlet is very buggy. Anet really need to get a QA department.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

OK maybe it was a one off… let’s try that again..

-.-

Should I keep wasting tickets to an impossible fight?
Can anybody else confirm the fight starts like this for them also?

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I noticed this happening as of yesterday, then today I noticed that while looking down, I could see the entire zerg below. They never used to spawn like that, now they do every time for me.

I think they removed culling, which is causing spawned mobs to not appear instantly. It’s also causing their animations to lag, for example, kill shot will hit you just before the animation is finished.

Also, in the second video, you had plenty of time to dodge it. Lastly, if you’re going to use Signet of Rage, use it before entering, and if you’re going to farm it…

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Zergs below you and culling removal tests make the fight impossible.
Try to guest or just wait them to leave.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

Having a zerg below will affect what happens in the dome. Try moving to another overflow/dome. Also its better to watch his animation instead of the laser. If he’s kneeling for more than 2 seconds, it’s definitely a headshot coming your way.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Just letting you know you can still attack him. I’ve been doing it all day, even with that issue, and have only died 3 times after 3,100 tickets.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you might as well just dodge in the beginning for fail safe. He have a really high chance to cast his killshot anyway.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

The reason is, there is hude zerg below fighting against many mobs. The game is trying to load every single skill effect and all characters fighting below, so your Deadeye must wait in the quee to load his textures, animations and also bombs.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jeffery.3106

Jeffery.3106

You might not have that problem if you go to an overflow with not that much people.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

You want a impossible start? I literally just had a match against him where a bomb spawned under my feet at the very start. I was teleported in and instantly downed. Granted that has only happened once, but it is pretty dumb. I have fought him a “couple” of times, so I suppose I should have seen a oddity at some point.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The first few times I tried to fight him he did this to me and also his channel times were VERY inconsistent. It was due to lag/culling. Swapping to another overflow fixed it for me.

Me and a pal tried the first boss on the first day (when tons of people were farming). It didn’t end well then either lol.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tyron.1423

Tyron.1423

1. pick thief
2. use dagger/pistol
3. use skill 3 to get to him and to blind him
4. kill him with skill 1 and 5 for “perma” blind and a few more
5. be happy u killed him in a few seconds
6. start all over ^^

to topic: yes it happens to me too but i think its only fair if i cant see him that he can’t see me too. :-P

btw i farm him with 3 gambits and dont have any problems

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: catofnine.3194

catofnine.3194

Can anybody else confirm the fight starts like this for them also?

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, having this problem. It’s actually a 50/50 chance for me getting one shot like your first vid, but still infuriating. If the zerg shows up below I’m screwed. I know you guys are farming it, but I just want to beat him once. Will try guesting to a lower pop server. Wish we could go to the EU servers…at least it might be quiet during peak NA times. It’s just discouraging.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I’ve had this happen a few times. It’s a bit annoying that Deadeye starts the fight before you aggro him. Most of the other fights don’t start until you do the first attack.

I’ve also had Deadeye teleport during his charge up attack, just to hit me as soon as he’s clear across the arena. Or shrug off a blind despite being in a blind field. It’s more than a little frustrating at how random this fight can be.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

I’ve had this happen a few times. It’s a bit annoying that Deadeye starts the fight before you aggro him. Most of the other fights don’t start until you do the first attack.

I’ve also had Deadeye teleport during his charge up attack, just to hit me as soon as he’s clear across the arena. Or shrug off a blind despite being in a blind field. It’s more than a little frustrating at how random this fight can be.

I’ve been trying to figure out the blind thing myself. It is very rare on my Necromancer, but it definitely happens as I started specifically trying to scout it.

What I think might be happening is that if he has a blind, and there is another target in front of you (in my case Flesh Golem, in yours I guess maybe a Thieves’ Guild thief), the attack pierces but counts as separate hits so it misses the first guy then reams you.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I doubt anets QA team had 75 people in the pavilion at the same time. That happened to me my first attempt at deadeye. So after that my opening move was to stun him the second I targeted him.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

Switch off-hand to shield and use block.