Deadeye shouldn't give any gold

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

If the gauntlet bosses awarded Cogs instead of money the issue of 24/7 Thief farmers getting rich wouldn’t be an issue.

Market forces would encourage participation but stop exploitation of overgenerous rewards.

After gauntlet is over those who didn’t 24/7 grind Deadeye are in for a rude bout of hyperinflation.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but the costs for way points and armor repair fees are the same.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

There wont be any hyperinflation. Slight inflation, yes, but it will slowly revert back to normal levels after this living story event is over.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Noalani.6384

Noalani.6384

If the gauntlet awarded cogs or nothing instead of money, nobody would do it. Maybe a few completionist for the achievements, but once and no more. Why would you make an effort to beat some of the hardest bosses in this game if you don’t get a reward? For fun? No, man, for fun I would do dungeons and such (and I still do, I’m not farming the whole day you know).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

If the gauntlet awarded cogs or nothing instead of money, nobody would do it. Maybe a few completionist for the achievements, but once and no more. Why would you make an effort to beat some of the hardest bosses in this game if you don’t get a reward? For fun? No, man, for fun I would do dungeons and such (and I still do, I’m not farming the whole day you know).

And there lies the problem.

They are supposed to be hard. That’s why the rewards are in place. And yet you can easily beat Deadeye in a matter of seconds. I watched a thief beat Deadeye in the amount of time it took me to select my gambits and opponent.

I myself decided to try Tyre Ragemaw just to see how much the money actually is. I think I ended up with about 6g and a bunch of cogs after 25 minutes.

I have to say that I do think the rewards are a bit too good and some of the mechanics a bit too easy to abuse. Deadeye is only a threat because of his Kill Shot and teleportation, both of which can be taken care of with a little trickery. On the other hand, the Warrior favorite Tyre Ragemaw has high damage, which can be circumvented by using the massive uptime for Daze and Stun on Mace/Shield.

For me personally, fighting Tyre Ragemaw with Mace/Shield and a GS is much more of a challenge than going with the zerg train for the bosses. Other than that, fighting in the Gauntlet has a higher yield of Watchwork Sprockets, which I like to spend on the weapon boxes.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A minority is making money farming the gauntlet. Just as many people, probably more, are making equal money getting rare exotic drops while playing in a 1 button zerg. Just as a few will become rich by constantly farming the gauntlet, a few people will also become rich by finding a precursor or exploiting the TP before a patch.

The gauntlet is the first content in the game that is specifically rewarding skilled play and not just RNG. Some might not think it takes skill to farm deadeye, but I’ve seen plenty of copycats try and fail. They could easily kill off a lot of guardians and thieves if they made deadeye unable to be pulled and made it so teleporting through a mine made it detonate and interrupt the teleport. I’d say make kill shot hit through blind, but then certain classes would probably have a lot of trouble.

It will get nerfed though, along with champion farming. It’s only a matter of time and they have confirmed one or the other or both is going to happen.

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

This isn’t an “exploitation”, it is solely Arenanet fault, and it is too late now to do anything. Those who farmed, already did farm their eyes out, the damage had been done.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: testaalt.7362

testaalt.7362

This happened. It only gives sprockets now and is completely worthless for farming. (Or, really, anything aside from the achievement now.)