Don't give up on Liadri.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I have personally burned at least 70 tickets on the fight, and it is teaching me 2 things:

1. There is a rhythm to the encounter, just like all fights in the game, if you don’t panic, you learn it easily.

2. There are a LOT of bugs with the camera system, especially in a fighting dome where the outside is nearly impossible to maneuver around to see who you are supposed to be fighting. Staying in the middle is easier for the fight in general, but this makes it almost necessary.

Despite not winning against her yet, I am learning a LOT in this fight, after solving some minor problems with the earlier challengers, this feels like a genuine trial. Both something to aspire to and something to feel quite proud about winning. So don’t give up, I can almost guarantee you will take away some good play style habits even if you don’t beat her.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

My advice is do not get overconfident. Even at the tiniest sliver of health left she can still kill you in a heartbeat.
Also do not even think about picking up a 4th Orb unless that’s your goal. Beating her with the first 3 Orbs and focusing on circling around the arena is pretty easy after you find your rhythm. Getting distracted by Orbs spawning in phase 2 will get you killed or just cause a whole slew of bugs to get in your way.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kriknav.9268

Kriknav.9268

I encourage others to keep trying. I’ve burned through over 80 tickets on Liadri ALONE. I tried every “OP” build to beat Liadri that I found on YouTube and the forums, to no avail. I spent like over 30g (despite saving for my first Legendary) gearing up my 80 alts to try these “OP” builds. I was close to giving up, but I finally got it.

I quoted OP above, but I don’t mean to diminish those builds. They clearly worked well for several people, but most of them didn’t work for me and my play style. It just took a while to find a build that worked for me.

As far as tips, learn the pattern of phase 1. In this phase the ONLY thing that is NOT part of the pattern (aside from you of course) are the orbs. But the orbs have only like 3-4 different locations it can appear. So learn the pattern and get through as fast as safely possible so you have more time to DPS her down in phase 2. In phase 2, you don’t NEED any speed buffs, it’s helpful, but not needed. Again, there’s a pattern to the AoE’s so keep an eye on where they are so you can prepare to position yourself for the next AoE. Another thing I’ve seen: when you’re in phase 2 and you find yourself in the middle of an AoE coming down and have to dodge, STOP, don’t keep running. If you do you’ll end up in the next AoE and you’ll quickly run out of stamina and go down. If you keep kiting in a circular direction about half-way between the middle and the outside of the arena you should be able to backpedal + sidestep your way around the circle staying in the safe zone and DPSing her down.

The difficulty I had was her clones blocking my attacks in phase 2, which is why I finally won with a warrior build with piercing rifle shots. I had a warrior geared up for CoF speed runs (right before the nerf, haha) so it was easy to re-trait to a piercing rifle/greatsword build that took me past the finish line.

Some other tips I’ve heard of: if you use a mesmer Feedback is a great friend. her close range whip attacks in phase 2 shoot off 3 black projectiles that can be reflected back for good dmg. And Phantasms done need line of sight to cast on her, so you can just focus on staying in safe zones and cast phantasms to kill her. I don’t think Feedback needs line of sight either, so that could help. Just make sure you Feeback her AFTER she does her spin attack, as I don’t think you can reflect that and you don’t want to waste your Feedback.

Anyways, I hope this helps/encourages folks to keep trying. If you’ve done it already (or even if you have) stay positive with others and encourage them. Let’s try hard not to discourage (intentionally or unintentionally) people as it can be frustrating enough without feeling alone. Good luck all.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Took me 70ish tries to Light Up. Each failure was a reminder to look out for something else.

Like you said, don’t be afraid to tweak builds to help. And with something like this every little bit does help.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Creld.8702

Creld.8702

P/D condition thief, after 100 some odd tries, it really all boiled down to learning the pattern.

Mug the first orb, stand across from the first shade until the aoe of death moves from the first circle of light, wait for the shade while strafe dodging the hands, hit her with the first crystal, walk halfway to the second circle, wait for aoe of death, kite number two for crystal two, mug the second orb, wait for aoe of death on the third circle of light, get your third crystal and start running safe zone to safe zone, using caltrops to keep cripple on her and pistol one for the bleeds. Played well, you don’t need to dodge until phase two, and then it’s just to remove the cripples.

Gods that explanation must sound confusing to anyone who hasn’t fought her. Still dreading the 8 crystal achieve.

Asura Engineer- Aelara Fole

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

Agree. I burned about 100 tickets in total for both killing Liadri and Light up the Darkness. Now I’m so proficient at it I’ve actually done Light up the Darkness about 10x now. A couple of them with max graphics settings (yes, with post processing). I am actually able to complete light up the darkness approximately 30-40% of the attempts I make.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

Agree. I burned about 100 tickets in total for both killing Liadri and Light up the Darkness. Now I’m so proficient at it I’ve actually done Light up the Darkness 5X now. A couple of them with max graphics settings (yes, with post processing). I am actually able to complete light up the darkness approximately 30-40% of the attempts I make.

I would totally ask you to do a specific favor in return of whatever you’d want, but the ToS says otherwise.
I haven’t given up however, just ANet wont give me any more Tickets without doing completely random and boring farming for hours on end. So they’re pretty much telling me to give up.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No thanks. Liadri isn’t worth the time or effort. Unless we can sell these tickets or give them to other characters/players (which we can’t), they’re just taking up space.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I’m with Nilkemia.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

I’m with Tower Guard who’s with Nilkemia.

I could sure use more Tickets without being forced to grind completely unrelated content merely by asking other helpful players to lend a helping hand/paw/stick.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I agree with that sentiment, allowing me to use the tickets I’ve accumulated on the other toons I play would be far, far less frustrating for time-critical content. I don’t have the hours to farm up another 70 tickets, but I have at least 200 across my characters.

Account bound tickets would have been much smarter, in my opinion, and I can’t even guess why they didn’t make them AB after saying not all professions could beat all the gauntlet champions.

No good reason for it that I can see at all.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Xalugami.2096

I agree with that sentiment, allowing me to use the tickets I’ve accumulated on the other toons I play would be far, far less frustrating for time-critical content. I don’t have the hours to farm up another 70 tickets, but I have at least 200 across my characters.

Account bound tickets would have been much smarter, in my opinion, and I can’t even guess why they didn’t make them AB after saying not all professions could beat all the gauntlet champions.

No good reason for it that I can see at all.

But what about the Mail delivering new characters Tickets upon creation? Clearly people can just create characters to bypass needing to farm new tickets or buy them!

What; do you expect ANet to make that mail only send to pre-existing characters? Or just send it to one character? Or put a level-restriction on the Mail? Or make a Mail cap restricting accounts only # amounts of that Mail? Or literally anything else since its probably better than Soulbound.
C’mon man, instead of putting work into re-coding already-sent Mail and patching it up so it doesn’t feel like alts are banned; you can just change the item toggle to soulbound. Life can be so simple on the easy road.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Took me 86 tries. I am the most comfortable playing my level 80 berserker ranger, as it is my main. The first phase was a breeze, but the second phase she would always manage to spank me with that whip attack or cripple me to the point where the AOE would finish me off.

So I heard that the warrior was OP in this fight. I happened to have a lvl 80 warrior alt. I used all my WvW badges of honor to get exotic berserker gear for it. I was using greatsword/rifle. I could get past the first phase just fine, but the second phase was giving me a hard time. Between running out of dodges and getting crippled, I just wasn’t as comfortable or used to playing on my warrior as I was my ranger. After about 20 tries on my warrior, I decided to go back to my ranger.

After exactly 86 attempts (including 20 from my warrior), I finally killed her on my ranger. It wasn’t easy, and I had to change my build around multiple times and use skills I had never used before (lightning reflexes…this is the only fight I have found it useful to use this skill). Don’t give up. The more you fight her, the better you get.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree with the OP.

I haven’t beaten her yet and I estimate I’m at well over 100 attempts, but I’m not going to stop trying and I know even if I don’t succeed I know it’s made me a better player so I won’t regret trying.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Costs too much money…

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Wastes too much time..

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zerroth.2401

Zerroth.2401

Why even try…She cant be beat…Ever… I spent 100 tokens and only got her to phase 2 twice…and then died before doing any damage…..So……. Why even try this kinda content?

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

No, she can be beat but the cost of tickets + tp + repair + maybe new armor and weapons if your build isn’t right is just too high.

Don't give up on Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Farm Deadeye to pay for your Liandri attempts. (Though with the update on Tuesday, it’s likely Deadeye will be nerfed.)