Don't spend your Gauntlet Tickets

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Satori.3256

Satori.3256

Save your tickets. If the last event is any indication, they will be sellable at the end, but if you play the game as intended you’ll be penalized.

Last event, if you didn’t vote, you got to sell your unused tokens for gold, but the converted support buttons are worthless. So the people that played as the devs intended weren’t supported by being able to sell converted support buttons for more than unused tokens.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Only difference is, this is a recurring event. So, they will be usable in the future. Unlike the LS arc that only will happen once.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

and have you thrown out your buttons yet?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

yeh, i deleted a stack of support tokens
the thought crossed my mind they might do what they did
z_z whatever though

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Only difference is, this is a recurring event. So, they will be usable in the future. Unlike the LS arc that only will happen once.

I hope so. I have over 100 of them with a character that I am still leveling, and she is not going to use them simply because I won’t be able to get her ready to get in the Gauntlet in time. If only they were acc. bound instead of soulbound…

I just hope that ANet won’t simply come up with a different ticket next time.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I hope so. I have over 100 of them with a character that I am still leveling, and she is not going to use them simply because I won’t be able to get her ready to get in the Gauntlet in time. If only they were acc. bound instead of soulbound…

I just hope that ANet won’t simply come up with a different ticket next time.

They’ve confirmed that the Gauntlet will be returning. I don’t have the link on hand atm, but they noted that those tickets won’t be a one time thing. So don’t worry, missing this round won’t mean its gone forever. Just might have to wait next year like the other seasonal events. (ie; Winters Day, Mad Kings Day, Dragon Bash, etc.)

Duty is heavier than death.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If the Gauntlet is returning, I hope they make them account bound again so I won’t have 5 different sets of tickets sitting in my bank. >.<

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

and have you thrown out your buttons yet?

No. I guess I tend to squirrel things away. Maybe it’s a neurotic thing? I think I still have some drops of magic glue around somewhere…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I would think actually using the tickets, even on an easy fight, would get you more money from the reward from the boss even if ANet were to make these sellable to a vendor.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

So you don’t want to experience great content just in case you can make a couple of silver?
How is that logical?
Sounds to me like you are sore because you voted and didn’t sell your tokens.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The money you got for the support tickets was tiny. Insignificant. Minuscule. Not a lot.

Isn’t it more annoying to have to destroy items that you can’t sell for anything that “might” be useful “someday” but meanwhile would take up your bank or bag slots. For example, like harvesting tools you’ve outleveled or replaced by getting permanent ones?

I think it was a nice gesture on their part.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

I sold all mine and got around 2.5g and that was a stack or 2 ( I dont remember).

You can make that in about an hour. You didn’t miss out by voting.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Spadar.4359

Spadar.4359

Save your tickets. If the last event is any indication, they will be sellable at the end, but if you play the game as intended you’ll be penalized.

Last event, if you didn’t vote, you got to sell your unused tokens for gold, but the converted support buttons are worthless. So the people that played as the devs intended weren’t supported by being able to sell converted support buttons for more than unused tokens.

You can already convert the tickets into money at an exchange rate of ~10s/ticket if you use them in the arena though.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

I think the reason they changed the last event tickets was because you were able to buy them from a vendor and couldn’t sell them back. This was the only event that I can remember that sold tickets like that

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah I’m hoping I can sell them, no way I’m doing all the running around necessary to fight in the gauntlet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My question was why they let the support tickets be sold, but not the badges? At least let me turn them in for some worthless vanity crap. I still have several stacks of badges and I just have this gut feeling that the minute I destroy them, they will become useful again.

BTW, is anyone else still getting support tickets as random mob drops?

I don’t want to have these freakin’ tickets in my inventory for a year or so (especially since I doubt I will ever use them….that kind of fight does not interest me. LET ME SELL THEM!!!!

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The tickets are still being dropped, which is probably why they let you sell them while they work out why.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

The money you got for the support tickets was tiny. Insignificant. Minuscule. Not a lot.

Irrelevant. Doesn’t matter how much they sold for – the people who kept lots of support tokens were rewarded with free cash, those of us who voted with all our hearts (desperately trying to claw for Evon’s victory -) ended up worse off.

I have a tonne of Evon buttons, what do I do with them? They should have been sellable too. Why they didn’t make the buttons sellable to I will never know.

| Lithia |