Easiest Boss/Gambits for tier3 + 5 gambits?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

So I’ve been trying to get the achievement for 5 active gambits on a tier 3 boss. I was trying to do subject 7 with the extra boss, everything except the exhausted gambit and I was doing alright but didn’t deal enough damage to subject 7 to beat the time limit. Anyone who’s gotten this achievement make suggestions for which boss to choose and which gambits to activate? Thanks

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Deadeye Dunwell.

If you’re fighting Dunwell with 5 Gambits as a Mesmer, try running 20/20/5/25/0 with Feedback, Mantra of Disruption, and Blink/Signet of Domination/Echo.

For Elite, get a summon (Mistfire Wolf or Racial, if you don’t have any, just use Time Warp).

Run GS + Sword/Focus.

Before the fight starts, consume a Fire Elemental Powder, then an Ogre Pet Whistle. If you have a summon, now is the time to use it. Also charge your Mantra.
As soon as the fight starts, hit her with a 4/2/3 combo on Greatsword, followed by a Feedback (can use mid-combo).
Auto-attack until you see him line up his sights and a line appears (it may not appear, so watch his animation). As soon as that happens, cast one Mantra charge on him. He will proceed to auto attack a few times or just blink next to you. As soon as he does that, press 2 on your greatsword, then shatter (F1) and weapon swap.

Cast your 4 down as soon as possible, to reduce damage taken, then cast your 5 + 3. Hopefully, Dunwell is really low at this point. Use Time Warp. Wait for your Warden to fully attack, then shatter (F1 or F2) and cast all available skills (except utilities). Swap to Greatsword and start auto-attacking.

Dunwell should teleport away. Keep an eye on his animations/the line to interrupt again. Continue casting all available GS skills.

If Dunwell still isn’t dead, you need to get more damage. Try asking a Guardian to Empower you before going in. You can also stack up Bloodlust before going in.

tl;dr: Run reflects + Interrupts (long-range) and summon as much as you can.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

For 3 gambits (exhausted, hamstrung and burning) I used a power necro on Subject 7 and for 5 gambits (everything but crowd favourite) MM necro with lifestealing etc on also Subject 7.

Done all of the achievements on a necro quite successfully with 1-3 tries also liadri on a condi build. ( havent done the 8 orb liadri tho, not even gona try for now)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: iddles.9280

iddles.9280

The video in the thread linked above is mine. That’s also how I got my 5 gambit achievement (just add the quaggan boss and do the same exact thing, although you may have to use the endure pain sooner). You may or may not have to get lucky with crits depending on what nourishments you’re using and other stuff. 3 Gambits should be doable with most of the tier 3 bosses on any class. Lastly, for the frailty + squeamish, I did that on the pirate boss as it’s fairly simple with dodge and stuns. Remember that you can use huge cooldowns for the achievements, so using mistfire wolf or hounds of balthazar helps a lot to add extra dps while you try to survive.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

I got it very easily with engineer against subject 7 (just use the first 5 gambits, no extra enemy). Bomb kit with bombs traited to heal and backpack regenerator trait. Super easy, just stand next to him and auto-attack, with the occasional smoke bomb, fire bomb, and smoke from the flame turret thrown in just to keep the oozes from hitting too much. Had elixir gun for the toolbelt heal, and used the elite that drops turrets and heals (with it traited to have more heals in it).

Was mostly in tanky gear though I needed to go kind of zerker on the trinkets to get the DPS up a bit. But honestly it was about as brainless as you could possibly expect this type of thing to be once it was set up.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Deadeye for 5 gambits.
I used a ranger, all gambits except tremor and additional boss.

stay in the middle and try to survive, let my pet dps him.
cleric gear,BM ranger traits

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Engineers seem to have an easier on Subject 7, especially with the elite kit. Managed to do it with full rampager and bomb + grenade kits.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

For P/P thief (mainly ’zerker), Deadeye w/ 5 gambits (no extra boss):

Thieves Guild → Scorpion Wire → Caltrops → Haste → Unload until 1st teleport → Steal → Unload until dead. Used Signet of Malice for healing (from unloads, caltrops, etc.). I did run w/ 2 consumables (ogre pet and fire ember), but that was mainly to meat-shield his ranged shots if I couldn’t down him before 2nd teleport.

You don’t need to move at all, which is good, being crippled and lacking dodges and all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

I used Sylvary Ranger at Subject 7.

The first 5 Gambits, sword/warhorn only. Important take the racial elite “Take root” its dealing incredible Damage for some reason…

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh