Ele looking for Crew of the Ravenous advice.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sushihammer.4813

Sushihammer.4813

Finally beat Salazan. Turns out if you spec for bleeding and conditional through earth and then auto attack with E1 while devoting all attention to not stepping in fire, it’s very, very easy (Didn’t even take a point of damage!).

These pirates, it seems, much less gimmicky than other matches. I can either live and time out or do damage but not survive long enough to deal it all out. I can’t seem to find a balance though.

Any elementalist have advice for another elementalist.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: OverblownEgo.8594

OverblownEgo.8594

I found the best solution for conquering this fight as an elementalist was to switch to a warrior. No kidding. I gave up on finding the right balance between offense and defense. Either I was taking too long to kill them all and died to the time or I was way too squishy and got flattened. As a berserker clad warrior I just killed things without having to think about it. I then went back to an elementalist and breezed through the next two bosses.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sushihammer.4813

Sushihammer.4813

That seems to be a common thread in elementalist stories. I keep hearing that the elementalist is some sort of mystical powerhouse, but in all my hundreds of hours of playing one, I have yet to see evidence of it. Meanwhile, I watch warriors doing stuff with no respec and no strategy and they get it on their first go.

I have too much elementalist pride (and only a level 31 warrior) so if I can’t beat it eventually, I’ll just forget about it. Just a mini and a few gold.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: OverblownEgo.8594

OverblownEgo.8594

I love my elementalist, it’s easily the most fun class to play, but I’m completely with you about the myth of the elementalist power house. It seems to be a high skill/high reward kind of deal because I’ve seen videos of people doing amazing things with them, but it seems kind of ridiculous that an unskilled warrior (I crafted mine to 80) should so easily outmatch a moderately skilled elementalist.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyanThomas.4182

RyanThomas.4182

I don’t know why you guys are having so much trouble beating this fight with ele. After failing twice with my thief, I tried using my ele, because of the better survivability. I just used 0|10|10|20|30 with
-Aura skill in Air
-Sharpened Stones in Earth
-Cleansing Wave and Regen on cantrips
-Arcane Attunement bonuses, Vigor on crits, and Evasive Arcana
I used a combo of knights and zerker gear with boon duration runes, and celestial and cavalier trinkets.

Then I just played normally, avoiding the enemy aoe attacks, and spraying AoE of my own. Then the fight was pretty easy.

Blackgate – Love and War [LAW]
5 Ele meta let’s go

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: FairyLord.8503

FairyLord.8503

I did it a while ago, and so i cant remember what exact utilities i used, but I beat every boss using a S/F fresh air build. I remember the tactic i used was to dps down the guy that called down the barrages, and then after he was down go after the healer. After that, it’s a relatively easy fight. I’m also spec’d almost full zerker as well

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zantetsuken.9051

Zantetsuken.9051

Best way is to go D/D, focus on killing Stitches as fast as possible (as she heals) then go for the ranged guy next (he drops that annoying aoe). While you are killing these 2, use your snares to kite the 2 melee bosses, but be ready to dodge roll to avoid their ranged attacks (the captains has the usual charge up animation).

Once the 2 ranged are dead you can take down the melee. It is tough, but doable, even in Rare gear (I only just came back to the game, and Ele is my only 80 so I don’t have much choice). Used a mixture of Soldier’s and Berserker’s gear, with a spec that was something like 10/10/15/15/20.