[Feedback] Gauntlet; Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Even though overall as I said above I think this is one of the most well made and challenging solo encounters in the game and having finally made it on my necro I agree there are some problems that should be addressed. They are problems not because they add to the challenge, but because they compound the difficulty unfairly depending on uncontrollable factors such as player monitor, color vision & server lag.

Low contrast red circles: I’ve heard a lot of complaints about not being able to see the red circles on the slightly darker red floor pattern and didn’t really have a problem seeing them but… I’ve actually been tested and have rare ‘perfect’ color vision and I am a graphic designer so have a semi high end completely calibrated monitor. This absolutely should not give me an advantage over anyone else in this fight, for that has nothing to do with skills or knowledge and must be changed to level the playing field.

Server Lag: Although I did end up beating Liadri there was numerous times when it was impossible due to sever lag. Look one direction while fighting and 30fps… turn around and 5fps, totally impossible. I ran ping checks to see if it was dropped packets and it was all clear, no errors just server slowdown from all the action going on in the instance. This lag would vary and was unpredictable to the point of making the fight impossible about half the time. I agree with others that the most elegant solution would be to simply have the upper level (the gauntlet) be it’s own instance separate from the zerging mayhem below. While it is kind of funny/sad to watch players fall to their deaths into the level below it’s absolutely not worth the sporadic unplayability of the gauntlet.

I have mixed feelings about the camera wonkyness that happens when you get to the edge of the dome. It is very annoying but does add yet another level of challenge to the fight that is applied unilaterally to all players regardless of profession or build. It is possible to do the fight without ever getting to the extreme edge of the dome, but then it takes more time, so is just another factor to take into consideration when strategizing.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

The fight itself and the mechanics are fun, and very challenging. But with the camera and lag it becomes a bit annoying. (not everyone has an i7 btw anet)

Also, this 1 hit insta death thing isn’t fun, its just annoying. Like most people are saying 1 hit insta death doesn’t equal challenge. If it removed 99.9% of your health it would force you to use a heal or pull out of combat. but insta death is just … meh.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Noctes.2537

Noctes.2537

that’s why you have weapon swap, use it!

What do, Im an ele, I cant “swap” weapons. No, seriously, Im an ele, I have to either pick or choose, cant have both; either I get pulled to death or I melee the darn things.

See how the entire thing is flawed, giving only certain classes/specs the upper hand, in this case eles are almost completely alienated. You have to get lucky that it doesnt pull you to a invisible red circle of doom, thats where the luck comes from, among others like; having the white field appear on a convenient place, that 2 shadows step o it at the same time, the random blinds (screws burst people or people who can only land a few attacks every now and then)

Sure the AoE is always the same, but everything else isnt, which is why this actually DOES need luck…

Elementalist is my main character, I’ve invested over 2500 hours into her, and I completed both Liadri on normal and the Light Up the Darkness.
I’d just like to say that I’m a bit insulted that you would imply the hard work I (and many others) put into this boss was actually just, as you put it, luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Arcarus Siro.7436

Arcarus Siro.7436

Pay to try, pay to reskill, pay to repair, pay to retry. Ahh, I see.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

Lots of people are experiencing camera problems. If you are far enough out near the edge of the circle that you are having camera issues, you are going to have a hard time of it anyway, especially in phase 2. You need to be closer to the center for two reasons:

1) You won’t have camera issues.
2) You will be able to get from safe zone to safe zone much easier.

The further out you are, the longer distance you have to travel, which has the following end results:

1) You’re going to run out of energy from having to roll too much to survive through the falling AoE.
2) You are playing catch up to stay in the safe areas and rolling so much that you have very little time to actually do damage and win the fight.

When you can train yourself to stay fairly central in the arena, such that most of the time you can just run into the next safe area, not roll, you will find yourself in a much better position to win this fight.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

I’ve got to agree on the camera but the hp is just right.
As a necro you can burn her down under a min on phase 2 with only auto attack, the hard part is staying alive for the 8 orb challenge (which i haven’t made this far). If you reduce her HP i’ll kill her way before i can get enough orbs just from condition damage…

From the fight i don’t like the pick up orb thingie which leaves me vulnerable when trying to find liadri (can’t call target without a team bullcrap) so i have to manually find her. Also shadows shouldn’t have 1 hit ko, those kittens always kill me since i’m in a hurry to gather orbs while avoiding the rest of the crap that’s thrown around in phase 2.

The pick up/throw mechanic tends to screw up my timing everytime and that’s my major failure on the 8 orb achieve that i doubt i’ll ever get. Luring shadows to the correct spots should me more than enough for phase 2.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Arcarus Siro.7436

Arcarus Siro.7436

I almost always get to phase 2 unless I get killed by some far away random orb.

What kills me in phase 2 are her jump-attacks followed by her whiplash whirlwind, that kills me in 1-2 seconds.

These attacks leave me with few options:
stand my ground and die
try to interrupt her, see her unimpressed attacking anyway and die
loose half my life until the dodge comes through and die in 10 seconds when she does it again
dodge twice, loose half my life and probably die in the next aoe

It’s impossible for me to see her telegraphing her jump, because of her illusions blocking my sight. Funny thing: in the videos where she gets beaten I never see these jumping attacks.