Gambit Date

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rimu.7105

Rimu.7105

When does the gambit leave? I am curious if I have enough time to level ANOTHER charater to level 80 to try and kill the darkness girl, and have time to gear/get skills/ and all that before it has time to leave, plus learn to play the character.

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

It should be here until the 3rd of september. All of the recent living storys have been 4 weeks long.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

Alright that should be enough time to contemplate going insane over a mini…

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

Don’t do it man…. its just a mini. Save your sanity for another day.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

I have every other mini so far (minus afew, but i gotten like..nearly a full set) man… gamer OCD man… its some serious stuff

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

Ahhh ok well good luck……. i will pray for your sanity.

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

Sanity Levels to Date: 30%…. Expected Sanity Levels next week: 10% The following week: -10% + taken away by men in white coats.

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Best of luck! What classes do you currently have, and what are you gonna level (I am assuming a mesmer)?

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

Warrior and a Ranger

I will be leveling a mesmer now sense (hopefully) I got two weeks to complete it, Its already level 20 (thanks to the free boost to level 20 from 5,000 achievement points)

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

A warrior is plenty good enough to complete all of the Gauntlet achievements.

Rifle/Sword and Shield.

Light up the Darkness achievement I’d say you need a particular build accomplish it, but just to kill Liadri, all you really need to do is get to phase 2 and then strafe around the dome. The pattern is the same every time and as long as you keep a certain speed, you will never be out of a safe zone. Just use healing signet and pick up restorative strength in the strength line. Lemongrass + Melandru runes obviously helps a ton. Also pick up signet of stamina for more dodge roles.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

@Kagemiku

I know I seen plenty of videos of Warriors killing the final boss of the Gauntlet, but I am horrid at useing it

I use a Rifle/ Greatsword..I can try sword and sheild though (…i need to go buy one :/ first)

I cant strafe is the problem, I dont have the mental cordination to do it, I use a standard mouse and keyboard, I dont have those macro’s any the entire attack buttons on the side of my mouse so I cant use the mouse to rotate camera + my directional movement, while pressing my attack keys, and avoiding the shadow crashs and shadows themselfs all in the procress…and also targeting the boss is a pain sense you have to be in a group to target.
..or at-least I dont do it properly enough to be able to hit someone directly behind me, and still avoid the 1hit-ko attacks

I use the signet, its helped me alot…just not enough to win

(edited by Rimu.7105)

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Sword and Shield is good because if you find yourself in a sticky situation you can just leap away or use shield to block anything Liadri throws at you. They’re not used to attack, so you can just buy rares for them, or whatever.

Do you have the A and D keys set to strafe left and right in your control options? Also set your #1 skill to auto attack and then target liadri. This way you can just strafe around and not have to worry about dealing with your attack keys. Hitting #3 occasionally to fire volley will make the encounter quicker, though.

Try this build:

10 in strength for restorative strength (II) — Great when both your cripple and weakness conditions need to be removed.

25 in arms for furious speed (II) and crack shot (VII). Furious speed is great because it is capable of giving you perma swiftness when combined with signet of rage, allowing you to better move around the dome. Crack shot because Rifle is the bread and butter of your damage dealing. The minor trait “Attack of Opportunity” is also great for that extra 10% damage.

25 in defense for Shield Master (I) and Dogged March (II). The reduced cooldown on block is great and cripple is a serious condition that needs to be removed asap, so dogged march is another good trait. The minor trait “armored attack” is there because we fully specced into the strength line and it gives a relatively good boost to power. Plus there was 5 remaining points that needed to be spent on some minor trait.

0 in tactics….Moving along…

10 in disicpline for either Warriors Sprint (III) or Signet Mastery (VI). I personally went with warriors sprint because while using your rifle you will have near permanent swiftness anyways. The sword/shield is what needs the speed boost.

As for slotted skills: Healing Signet, Berserker’s Stance, Endure Pain, Signet of Stamina.

Try to only use berserkers stance and endure pain when you’re pulled by one of the orbs and need to get up, quick. Endure Pain doesn’t protect you from Liadri’s illusions so it’s only really good against the dark stuff she drops on your head.

On another note, superior sigil of energy is great for this battle since it gives you more of what you need most — dodge roles. They’re a bit pricey though, but if you can afford them, it really does make this fight easier.

This is the build I used for the “Light up the Darkness” achievement. So this build is probably a lot more defensive than it needs to be, but Liadri’s health goes down relatively quick when you focus her so you don’t need to go full glass cannon to drop her before the time limit.

As for gear stats…A mix between zerker and PTV is probably best but you could do it with almost any combination. I probably wouldnt go full zerker because you’ll have plenty of time to kill her and a bit of extra vitality and toughness can go a long way in this fight. Although if done right, Liadri should rarely be within attack range of you.

I really feel that leveling a character to 80 and then attempting to kill Liadri with that character is severly time consuming and not even guaranteed. So I would try everything before resorting to that. But that’s just me.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Gambit Date

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Yeah, I wouldn’t level a character to 80 just to fight Liadri. You won’t understand the fundamental class mechanics well enough to be able to beat Liadri.