Grind, grind, grind..... boring.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: God.3542

God.3542

What’s with this new content, I am mad that some people got precursor at the new place and I been grinding for hours and hours still nothing yet (at least alot of rares better then dragon hunting). The new dailies even involves grinding (get the certain buff kill x amount of mobs). And you are adding more dailies than before (why not just limited the amount you can get per day, get 2 achievement points instead of 1 or just make it something like a weekly daily and remove the monthly altogether). I don’t even go to WvW anymore because the rewards are so much better in the new place. So easy to re-login and join a overflow with events. Here’s an idea rework all boss events so it drops 10x better drops then now since the new place drops are so much better and have way lesser re-spawn time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

You do know that the Crown Pavilion isn’t going to be permanent right?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: God.3542

God.3542

You do know that the Crown Pavilion isn’t going to be permanent right?

You do know if we don’t voice our opinion Anet is going to make another similar Crown Pavilion.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

I don’t really know where to start… No to pretty much everything. Anet does not need to rebalance its whole looting process over one piece of temporary content. Enjoy the loots in the pavilion while they last, it’s boring as sin, but everything has a price.

Instead of a weekly daily as you suggested we could instead have a monthly daily, it’s like 30 dailies stitched together, or if that’s not to your liking how about a weekly monthly, it’s the same as your weekly daily, but 4 times as fun. Don’t worry, you can have 4 times as much time to complete it.

Lots of people love the new area. It’s not for everyone, but it is essentially a champ train, something that lots of players were doing out in the open world, except this one is designed with the specific purpose of being farmed. Plus the area balances levels upwards, so while a new player can’t champ train in ORR with their lvl 80 pals, they can do it here. It also, at least temporarily addresses the changes to dungeon paths which have made CoF less profitable. WvW will be fine, this content will disappear and people will flood back. Instead of redesigning the whole world around this patch they could spend some time on the culling and performance issues in WvW.

Edit: Sorry if I came across snarky, it’s not what I intended, but none of the things you mentioned really related to the topic of this thread. Nothing presented here actually changes the games grind centric approach to content. If you don’t like dailies and monthlies, weeklies will not help, and 10x more loot doesn’t change how that loot is acquired.

(edited by boredinbc.2786)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’d rather say Anet implements better rewards not for grinding, but for doing a variety of different content and rewarding exploration. I’m not talking about dailies. I’m talking about the core-content of the game: dynamic open world events / open world exploration

So how to do this without the grind? Rewarding players for exploration.

• find and finish 20 unique events in a zone to get rewarded with a new lootbag (lots of rare mats and chance for lodestones + loot). It’s not grinding, since a lot of events are not obviously on a linear path. Suddenly solo-players can be equally effective than big rolling zergs.
  • reset this after each 20 events
  • rarely spawn hidden artifacts for an incentive to not use waypoints. Each artifact could be sold for 50s OR collect a whole set and turn it into a new skin (e.g. the new champion loot skins). Don’t forget that artifacts also are items rich of lore.

about the rewards: remember: 5min of world boss = 1 guaranteed yellow (or orange). Make it really worth it finding 20 unique events which can last longer than some might think.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

^ Honestly, they are all good ideas.

The issue is that none of the content is really that dynamic to begin with. 20 unique events turns into just another grind, because the events themselves are not really unique, they are just the set zone events on a repeat.

The living story updates need to be woven into the zones, make those bi weekly updates seem genuinely alive, not just tacked on, or segregated to a single zone or instanced space. Integrate a few unique daily/monthly achievements(and represent Rata Sum in the pavilion is not a unique daily, it’s just another kill X) which give players an incentive to go out and explore find new event chains and maybe a new world boss every now and again. The daily/monthly achievements currently fit well in a non specific do this and that kind of way, which is good, but only so long as the world we are doing them in remains interesting.

(edited by boredinbc.2786)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

I’d rather say Anet implements better rewards not for grinding, but for doing a variety of different content and rewarding exploration. …

^ I love the way you word this, as subtle as it may be. Reward people for not grinding rather than punishing them for grinding. So far ANet’s been about having some “base” reward that drops if whatever you’re doing seems like a grind. How about the opposite, where you have a “base” reward that increases when you don’t grind?

Yes it’s true that it may seem like a “grind” to change your farming cycle to include many unique events, but I’d much rather have that then beating up the same centaurs over and over again (Overlord’s Waypoint chain, Ulgoth chain).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I don’t even go to WvW anymore because the rewards are so much better in the new place.

If you to prioritize rewards over enjoyment, that’s your own problem.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

I am mad

I’d like a precursor too. Precursors for all! (You can get precursors anywhere, it has nothing to do with the Crown Pavilion).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I don’t even go to WvW anymore because the rewards are so much better in the new place.

If you to prioritize rewards over content, that’s your own problem.

Fixed it for you.

Crown Pavilion is content. If you wish to grind it, then it’s a grind for you, but that doesn’t mean that the entirety of the content is a grind.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Idk, I think the crown pavilion stuff is really boring.. I think this update is terrible, I’m not a very loot driver person, so unless the drops are much better than Anet has ever done before I’m just not willing to be bored and press 1 while targeting some legendary “champion” with 6 zillion hp.

To make matters worse, since everyone is grinding drops there other areas (WvW) are empty.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you to prioritize rewards over enjoyment, that’s your own problem.

That seems to be an underlying issue with MANY of the complaints seen on these forums. If your continued pursuit of an activity is based on the minute percentage change of a specific reward, you need to take a step back and review the reasons you are pursing said activity and if you are actually still “enjoying” it.

Idk, I think the crown pavilion stuff is really boring.. I think this update is terrible, I’m not a very loot driver person, so unless the drops are much better than Anet has ever done before I’m just not willing to be bored and press 1 while targeting some legendary “champion” with 6 zillion hp.

To make matters worse, since everyone is grinding drops there other areas (WvW) are empty.

Your last comment is a valid statement, but nothing stays the same (even this “change” will wane). If you don’t like the Zergling Grind, then don’t do it….there is other content in this update. I did it long enough to get the Champion Achievement for Monthly but it is rather boring and the loot is not that good.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)