High Stakes Gambler

High Stakes Gambler

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

So how did you do it?

I’ve been trying it on Deadeye Dunwell on my ranger, but no luck so far.

High Stakes Gambler

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

I did Deadeye on my Ranger as well. I made some clown spec up on the fly and it’s gone now so I can’t tell you what I used with regards to traits, but I did use sword/axe for one set and shortbow in the other – all P/P/Crit. The axe was rare with some default masterwork sigil, the other two were exotic with perception on the sword and force on the shortbow.

With regards to skills, I used Heal as One, QZ, Protect Me, and Sick ’Em with Rampage as One as my elite.

Now, here’s the kicker: after failing that 5 gambit trial a solid 20+ times, I asked my Guardian friend to see if he could use the 4 on his staff to send me in there with about ~12-15 might stacks and, lo and behold, you go in with your might stacks if you time it well enough and start blasting him fast enough.

So, I upped the ante and brought 2 guardian friends of mine and we coordinated to stack me with 25 might stacks and an aegis as I went in, and I popped Rampage as One as well, and I immediately started bursting him down with QZ+Sick Em and just autoattack spamming with 25 might stacks. As he went to kill shot, I popped 3 on the shortbow and, assuming you haven’t moved from where you spawn, he ports to you and you can just sit there and 5 on the axe offhand him so that, if he DOES shoot you, you stack vulnerability and reflect, and if he doesn’t then no skin off your bones.

From there I used 3 on the sword to dodge his attacks and used stealth on my jaguar to burn him as much as I could. I ended up downed but he had about 2% hp at that point and I was able to have my pet burn him down in the end.

Hectic fight all around, but it is doable on ranger as long as you have someone stack you up with might. Otherwise I’d still be blowing gold on tickets for useless attempts.

TL;DR: Have people buff you with might right before you go in to make it easier on yourself.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

High Stakes Gambler

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

some people on reddit mentioned using boosters if you have any. power, armor, regen booster, speed booster should all help. every bit counts right? if you want, you can also farm up 25 stacks of bloodlust or whatever you need for your build in the pavillion, which should be pretty easy and then go in like that as well.

some people have had luck on Ooze 7 as well for this achieve.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

High Stakes Gambler

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Syntharia.8067

Syntharia.8067

With my minion master
http://youtu.be/goOs0AqLDZ0

For Ponei!

High Stakes Gambler

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Any engies still getting hit by Deadeye Dunwell when blocking with gear shield? I’m not sure if it’s a bug or a side effect of lag. I get hit by killshot when blocking every time :/

High Stakes Gambler

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ayarai.3985

Ayarai.3985

On my guardian I did this achievement on Deadeye Dunwell with Exhausted, On Fire, Frailty, Hamstring and Crowd Favourite gambits.

Weapons/Skills wise I used sword+focus & hammer, with Judge’s Intervention, Wall of Reflection, Retreat and Renewed Focus.

I started the fight with hammer as my weapon and instantly used Retreat in order to get to Deadeye faster. Immediately after that (expect a lot of incoming damage, so you might need to burn through some virtues) I used hammer #4 to punt the Quaggan mob to the opposite direction of where Deadeye will teleport and then switched to sword+focus.

Once Deadeye teleports, you can use sword #2 to teleport to him immediately and then cast Wall of Reflection which will block a lot of damage during this phase. When Deadeye teleports again (usually to the opposite end of the arena), you can use Judge’s Intervention to teleport to him – if you still have Renewed Focus up at this point, you can use it for additional safety (to block the sniper shot, as the lag sometimes makes it register as full damage shot rather than recognizing that you are standing right next to the mob). At this point he should be almost dead, so you should have no issues finishing up the job before the next teleport.

High Stakes Gambler

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DouBLe.6084

DouBLe.6084

I did it on my berserker Mesmer on Dunwell with Exhaustion, On Fire, Squeamish, Frailty, and Hamstrung.

Spec a power build with at least 20 in Inspiration for Warden’s Feedback (I was 20/20/0/30/0), and take Sword/Focus and whatever off set you want (GS for me). Utilities should be Feedback, Signet of Illusions, and Mimic.

To do this fight, put up Feedback on him at the start (feel free to start in your non-Sword/Focus weapon set and summon your phantasm from that set). He should shoot it and volley it which will do huge damage to himself. Run up to him, and attack him with your sword, but don’t waste Blurred Frenzy. After that, he should teleport away and headshot, so use Blurred Frenzy to dodge it.

Next, chuck a Warden phantasm on top of him to reflect his shots and volleys from his new position and make your way over to him to autoattack some more with sword. As you run up, press Sword 3 to spawn another illusion. When he teleports away, use your Distortion shatter to invuln the headshot. Drop a Temporal Curtain in front of him to reflect his next volley and use Mimic if you have to (it’s mostly a backup skill though, you may not need it). Dodge his next headshot with Blurred Frenzy again. Warden should be up by now, so use it on his new position, and use Signet of Illusions to refresh Distortion if you need to dodge another headshot (remember to spawn another clone with Sword 3 for longer duration).

He should kill himself by your second use of Distortion. If not, you have another Frenzy to dodge the next one and Temporal Curtain should be up to reflect the next volley.