Is this the most controversial update ever?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fluffy Ferocious.9807

Fluffy Ferocious.9807

This forum is blazing with rage!

I really like the update. I could quibble about the fact the gauntlet causes my frame rates to crash… but whoopity doo. And I haven’t even made it to Liadri yet. I’m stuck on Chomper. And I’m still having fun and enjoying all the drops and achievement points.

And I like the watchknights, even if they seem more Charr-origin-centric than human to me.

I’m hopeful for the birthday bash.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Well, I think a lot of the frustration comes from it being actually challenging content… and then the arena just isn’t the ideal situation where you’d do these challenges.

People often rage when they can’t do something… and now there’s actually things that shouldn’t be there to make it even harder.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Well, let me put it like this (concerning the whole Gauntlet)….

I am enjoying it, and the gold I am making off of it, don’t get me wrong there, but…

When we have Developer’s that talk about how much the enemies ‘telegraph’ their moves before they use them, and then when we get to the game itself, and the close quarters combt and the camera prevent us from seeing those telegraphed moves,…There is something seriously wrong with someone’s design ethics here.

Great Content, Great Update, Horrible Planning and Execution.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

were you here in the halloween cash grab? theres you answer if this is the most controversial update.

to answer you i think the most awful thing is you dont get any title for completing this. and thats what i find sad.. very sad.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fluffy Ferocious.9807

Fluffy Ferocious.9807

There are definitely a few bugs in the arena. I entered it once to face the sniper guy, and in there with me at the same time was another player facing the oozes! Um… we both lost.

Being in the software biz myself, I would attribute the buggy-ness to having a super duper short release cycle. Unfortunately date driven release methodologies always short cut QA, and the product suffers.

Minor quibble IMO though. It’s a game and I’m having fun with it, and can appreciate the work that went into it. I mean, not only is the concept really fun, but also the back story, etc. It takes quite a bit of planning to make all this come together.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Snowflakes, you forgot the snowflakes. Also the ascended items. Really, this just the usual noise that Anet gets for every thing they do.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

there’s a difference between challenging and hard and I feel this content is more the latter, though I’m more specifically talking about the arena.
I don’t think this is controversial, it’s more the game’s engine lack the ability to cope with the demands of these innovations which is why there are more rage and fustration, things are constantly plagued by fps/ lag / restrictive cameras – can even say the culling too, my good the arena group events just show how much of an effect culling really has and the impact it creates, though the latter issues are more technical than creative.

Hard content is good but things just seem to be much more difficult because of the technical aspects of the game, oh and the lack of enemy cast bars!!!!

If anything I find the previous living story – the political one more controversial, politics have no place in a game world imo… (flame shields activate!)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I am enjoying it, and the gold I am making off of it, don’t get me wrong there, but…

When we have Developer’s that talk about how much the enemies ‘telegraph’ their moves before they use them, and then when we get to the game itself, and the close quarters combt and the camera prevent us from seeing those telegraphed moves,…There is something seriously wrong with someone’s design ethics here.

“design ethics” really? Try error, to accuse someone of ethical issues due to a mistake is just bad form and over dramatization.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s only controversial to the players who feel “entitled” to everything. Basically, this content isn’t for them. You want the special Liadri mini? Earn it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I think Cuttroath Politics was the most controversial one… at least the moment they announced the winner..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

For me this patch was just waste of bandwidth. Could we next time choose if we wanna download patch? Kind of weird get PvE patches whole time in PvP game.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Queen's Jubilee

Smooth Penguin.5294

For me this patch was just waste of bandwidth. Could we next time choose if we wanna download patch? Kind of weird get PvE patches whole time in PvP game.

Because Guild Wars 2 is a single game program?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

Not even by a long shot.

Remember, remember the 15th of november.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

“design ethics” really? Try error, to accuse someone of ethical issues due to a mistake is just bad form and over dramatization.

Its not like I mean People Ethics, Medical Ethics, Machine Ethics or Political Ethics (or just ethics). I’m not accusing them of being a Murderous Dictator of a Third world country or anything either. Would you rather I said Design Decisions? Either way, I still think it was a stupid decision, and I can’t believe that it was overlooked so easily. And If the Camera in the Arena is ‘Working as Intended’ like some people say it is, I really want to hear the reasoning for that. Like an actual reason why they designed it that way.

If you want me to go on, I can list the Bugs that are linked just to the Queen’s Gauntlet when it was released. While 90% of that blame can go to the Crazy Release schedule, I still have to wonder why so many bugs keep getting past the testers on some of these releases? They are on just as fast of a schedule (obviously), and perhaps the main thing they were stuck testing was just to see if the content was doable with every class, so they didn’t test what happens when, you run out of time on a certain match, or what happens if everyone fights the same boss at the same time?

This has been the buggiest release for me, and the only thing with more bugs since launch, was the Black Lion Stuff with the gem store and trading post and some skills not working as intended all through the year. Oh, there was also the Land Shark in Sparkfly Fen about 6 months ago. That was an awesome bug. that’s about it though.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

I love everything about this updae however

I do not agree with the boss location, right above farmers can cause lagg, i have a good decent gaming pc, but not everyone has a 3 thousand dollar computer.

1 shots, yes this game is all about dodging, but it doesnt make you more skilled than anyone else just because you can dodge on time it just means you are skilled at timing.

Profession favoriting, zergers are #1 here, you have a condition build, or any other build, well forget you because you will die if you don’t hurry.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It’s certainly the worst.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shostie.6435

Shostie.6435

Complainers come to the forum to complain. People enjoying the content, by a large, are too busy playing to complain.

This isn’t a perfect update, but I like the direction this game is headed.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This has been the best update by far so far.

The people complaining are the ones that frankly suck at the game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Fungalfoot.7213

Complainers come to the forum to complain. People enjoying the content, by a large, are too busy playing to complain.

I don’t know about you but I’ve seen a whole lot of complaining in-game too. The content just wasn’t particularly well thought out. I loved the concept of the gauntlet and I was looking forward to it but the camera issues, the lag caused by zergs and the half-baked boss mechanics made it a huge letdown.

But it’s a work in progress and I’m sure it will improve with time. At least I hope so.

The people complaining are the ones that frankly suck at the game.

Or the ones who don’t have to self-aggrandize themselves at every turn by taking on some silly hardcore veneer and can instead look at things more objectively.

(edited by Fungalfoot.7213)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sky.8035

Sky.8035

In my experience, just about every update/event has certain aspects that are just as controversial as the next.

For example:

Halloween – The Mad King Jumping Puzzle. This one speaks for itself. A lot of people couldn’t do it and it was being abused by Charr and Norn characters who were purposely trying to make people fail.

Wintersday – Allowing us to craft minipets with 250 sprockets, but leaving us with a random 200 at the end that were completely useless.

Cutthroat Politics – Candidate Trials tier 4 was near impossible and wasn’t a reliable source for achievement completion due to a lack of difficulty scaling and a bug that would make it impossible to complete.

There’s always something that’s controversial, but is this the most? Probably not, but I’de say it’s on par with some of the higher ones.

§ky

in Queen's Jubilee

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s ok to complain, but it’s not ok to ask for nerfs just so that you can do content not meant for you.

But as a solution to the headache that the content gives players, remember that it’s all optional. You aren’t required to fill all achievements, nor are you required to get the mini. It’s exclusive stuff to those who take the time to master the content.

For example, it took me about 5 tries at the Sanctum Runner mini game thingy before I placed first. That’s because I kept trying to understand the mechanics of the skill bar. Once I understood what each skill did, then all I had to do was apply that knowledge. As for beating Liadri, if it takes me a 1,000 times, and I still can’t beat her, that means I’m just not applying the knowledge of her mechanics well.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tad.4109

Tad.4109

i don’t think anything has matched the rage seen on these forums when Ascended Gear was launched. that. was. bad.

most of the threads i have read regarding this update have been very constructive. i’ve seen a lot of respectful brainstorming and good ideas shared.

in Queen's Jubilee

Fungalfoot.7213

i don’t think anything has matched the rage seen on these forums when Ascended Gear was launched. that. was. bad.

most of the threads i have read regarding this update have been very constructive. i’ve seen a lot of respectful brainstorming and good ideas shared.

True. That kittenstorm even reached various gaming related news outlets and this is a very small issue compared to it. It’s just one poorly designed fight which has no real effect on the rest of the game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Honestly, I think that Cutthroat Politics was worse.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: seandkiller.8471

seandkiller.8471

were you here in the halloween cash grab? theres you answer if this is the most controversial update.

to answer you i think the most awful thing is you dont get any title for completing this. and thats what i find sad.. very sad.

Halloween cash grab? I don’t remember this. I remember the trick-or-treat bags, the clocktower, the events etc.. But can’t think of any cash grabs

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I guess you weren’t here when they announced Ascended gear. Not THAT was the biggest kittenstorm GW2 has seen yet. So much so that they had to write a blogpost, an explanation and some videos explaining the move.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Halloween cash grab? I don’t remember this. I remember the trick-or-treat bags, the clocktower, the events etc.. But can’t think of any cash grabs

Dont you remember the UNIQUE skins that were inside BLC some ppl opened about 300-500 chest buying BLK and got nothing, they after the kittenstorm they added in the MF a way to create another kind of BLC called MKC (mad king chest) people still got nothing and swear under the 6 gods they wouldnt spend more gems in game?

the thread with over 1k rants, its all in the archives bro.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/halloween/More-Halloween-Goodies/first

(edited by Denial Of Service.5732)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The most controversial will always be the Karka event in Southsun. That annoyed a TON of people, and they eventually had to mail out the reward box to everyone who logged in during the event.

in Queen's Jubilee

Smooth Penguin.5294

The most controversial will always be the Karka event in Southsun. That annoyed a TON of people, and they eventually had to mail out the reward box to everyone who logged in during the event.

No. They mailed out random rewards because players were getting DC’d before opening the end chest.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Dont you remember the UNIQUE skins that were inside BLC some ppl opened about 300-500 chest buying BLK and got nothing, they after the kittenstorm they added in the MF a way to create another kind of BLC called MKC (mad king chest) people still got nothing and swear under the 6 gods they wouldnt spend more gems in game?

the thread with over 1k rants, its all in the archives bro.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/halloween/More-Halloween-Goodies/first

What I find funny is how every update has people complaining about how they openex X hundreds (or thousands sometimes) of boxes not getting the skin they want, swearing gems and RNG boxes for good… and again on the very next update…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I’ve also seen a lot of “if you can’t do it, you suck”.
Not the most respectful thing to say.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Profession favoriting, zergers are #1 here, you have a condition build, or any other build, well forget you because you will die if you don’t hurry.

Ignoring the fact that condition builds have in fact beat her, in some cases with great ease.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. Why would you do something you don’t enjoy? The Queen’s Gauntlet is embraced by many players, and most are willing to help and provide tips and builds to those who are open to it.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. Why would you do something you don’t enjoy? The Queen’s Gauntlet is embraced by many players, and most are willing to help and provide tips and builds to those who are open to it.

Are they also providing the gold to buy a new complete set of armor and weapon? :P

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Halloween was awesome, the skins were easy to buy off tp for less than 50 gold each during the first 5 days, the costumes and other items are still well worth the price (well not the finisher unless you kept one for now) and the clock tower was the best piece of content that is/was in GW2. Karka event on the other hand…. well lets just say that even if everyone who got kicked got free 5 legendary items, it still wouldnt have made it ok.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Are they also providing the gold to buy a new complete set of armor and weapon? :P

I suppose you want them to log on their account and play it too, eh?

With 1 month to do it, I think there are little excuses. If you want it, you can get it. There are so many options with WvW Badges, Karma, and Dungeon Tokens, in addition to the new means to acquire coin with the Champion Loot tables. If you don’t want to put in the effort, then you simply don’t deserve it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

Halloween was awesome, the skins were easy to buy off tp for less than 50 gold each during the first 5 days, the costumes and other items are still well worth the price (well not the finisher unless you kept one for now) and the clock tower was the best piece of content that is/was in GW2. Karka event on the other hand…. well lets just say that even if everyone who got kicked got free 5 legendary items, it still wouldnt have made it ok.

Halloween to me was the best event to date since the game started down this dark dark path of living story and other events to follow it.

you got to enjoy some lore and story, we had a dungeon and a world that progressed with us the rewards were neat the mini games were a blast and they took the time to add in a bunch of other hidden content on top of it all. they gave us a purpose for those useless tonics and booster we have not a clue or use for and well hard to sum up my feelings on that event but 10/10 as where I would rate this Queens event to be a 4/10………… go away Queen you are drunk I almost wish at this point they off her and some tricky mesmer gives her a disguise as a bad guy only to see Logan charge into battle and slay her only to learn the real truth…. but hey getting players to rage and give feedback is nice. Maybe give players a survey to take on what they would like to see in this game what is important to them!

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Halloween to me was the best event to date since the game started down this dark dark path of living story and other events to follow it.

you got to enjoy some lore and story, we had a dungeon and a world that progressed with us the rewards were neat the mini games were a blast and they took the time to add in a bunch of other hidden content on top of it all. they gave us a purpose for those useless tonics and booster we have not a clue or use for and well hard to sum up my feelings on that event but 10/10 as where I would rate this Queens event to be a 4/10………… go away Queen you are drunk I almost wish at this point they off her and some tricky mesmer gives her a disguise as a bad guy only to see Logan charge into battle and slay her only to learn the real truth…. but hey getting players to rage and give feedback is nice. Maybe give players a survey to take on what they would like to see in this game what is important to them!

I think you are focusing a bit too much on the bad parts, MKT/Halloween was around a 9~10/10 in comparison to what would be the optimal living story patch, QJ is around a 6~7/10, it gave the hardcore players a good farm location for a week or two (before as everyone they get bored) since CoF got kittenslapped into the place it belongs, it gave the lore freaks some comedy and is pushing the broham and poxy roxy story along AND everyone who loves their characters/has a lot of alts has new skins to look out for or buy with the combined gold/karma/tokens all in the same place. It just made the already existing flaws of GW more obvious to the general public.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Considering how easy it is to make gold right now……..they may as well be.

Also I’ve heard of very few people having to change their gear completely. Most either have had to change nothing or simply change their skills and traits.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tad.4109

Tad.4109

I’ve also seen a lot of “if you can’t do it, you suck”.
Not the most respectful thing to say.

oh, i’ve certainly seen those as well! i just think the majority of the threads have been respectful. but yeah, not all of them.