Keep asking for it you get whats coming.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I’m getting really tired of people asking for harder content. Nothings ever good enough. If you keep asking for something harder eventually they’re gonna give you something you can’t do.

I’m tired of the hypocrisy, and people complaining just to complain. By hypocrisy I mean the trolls who want it harder, and when it’s hard they complain, but when they finally do it they change they’re tune to “Oh yea I did it. It was no big deal, because I’m awesome.” This event is a pleasant surprise however, because people are humble enough to say “Yea I did it, but I don’t think it was fair.”

It’s the same with people saying there’s no end game content. What exactly do you expect end game content to be if Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have it? Honestly. There’s WvW, there’s legendary’s, there’s SPvP, there’s map completion, there’s exploration, Dungeon Stories, Dungeon Exploration, Jumping Puzzles, guild missions, living Story, I hear rumors of a new expansion which I have expected to happen, because, hey you know, played Guild Wars 1 and all. Living Story is meant to give us something to do while we wait for the big fish. How can people be so short sighted, and so easily forgetful? What can they do to get you to close your noise hole, and make that beautiful sound of silence?

This game is meant for stream line play; really smooth. Your in the wrong genera if you want mind blowing, testosterone over dosing, boot camp.

It’s also annoying with people also not understanding how something small can be wanted so badly, but can’t be gotten. It’s the same reason a guy will look at an outrageously beautiful girl who he thinks is out of his league. Why look if you can’t have it? Because it’s the human condition. It’s part of who we are.

I understand this goes too for the trolls who fuss as well, but all things in moderation. I also like to think people will ignore them, and they will get preoccupied with something shiny. Preferably in a busy street somewhere.

(edited by Lord Erik.6903)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

The problem is the casual vs the elitism attitude. On the forum you have people complaining it’s too hard because x and y are too hard, while the hardcore guys would reply with something like ‘’would you like to get legendary by finishing the tutorial?’’ so you have two extremities that always argue. Personally I’m not for hardcore content nor too easy, but rather for average content. Take that liandri for instance. If the bugs,tiny frustrations and if her hp in second phase would be cut a bit,it would make things less complicated yet still challenging

(edited by Kronus.6048)

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

The problem is the casual vs the elitism attitude. On the forum you have people complaining it’s too hard because x and y are too hard, while the hardcore guys would reply with something like ‘’would you like to get legendary by finishing the tutorial?’’ so you have two extremities that always argue. Personally I’m not for hardcore content nor too easy, but rather for average content. Take that liandri for instance. If the bugs,tiny frustrations and a her hp in second phase would be cut a bit,it would make things less complicated yet still challenging

I really do agree with this statement. I do look at myself as a very experienced player, and a bit of a hardcore gamer although I’ve dialed back in the last couple years which leaves me conflict as to whether I am or not.

There is one thing I have noticed though, and that is that I’m looked at by a lot of the community in game as an insanely hardcore elitist with no life simply because of what I’ve accumulated over my time playing. With thing such as Liad, or for those that remember that lovely Faster Than Light Achievement I would call hazardous overclocking for my biological system.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I want content that’s fun to do, not hard. Hard does not equal fun to me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lasur Arkinshade.4107

Lasur Arkinshade.4107

I want content that’s hard. I love the fact that Liadri is hard, and that lots of people can’t beat her. I haven’t beaten her yet. I’ll keep trying. If I simply fail to beat her over the course of this event, that’s no one’s fault but my own.

This game needs hard content. For a player like me to remain engaged, the content can’t all be easy across the board. If it is, I’ll simply lose interest because I’m not being challenged.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No, no it doesn’t. And not all the content in this game is easy all across the board, it varies with what you’re doing in-game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I would love to be able to say there in content in Guild Wars 2 that is too difficult for me to do.

So far I have only attempted Tier 3 Liadri a hand full of times and I have not come close to beating her. But I think I am up for the challenge and I play to keep trying until the content is removed.

You know what, if it comes to the point that this event is over and I didn’t get the mini because I want not skilled enough to beat her, then I will be happy to admit defeat.

I just really hope Anet doesn’t give into all the whiners when a little bit of cotent that is challenging comes out.

Most of the gauntlet is easy mode, Liadri represents such a small fraction of the content it isn’t even worth typing it out as a percentage and there is a big out cry and casual vs elite wars start.

If you can’t beat Liadri move on and let those of us who want to try keep trying.

Hell I wouldn’t even care if they just gave the mini to everyone to stop the tears and kept the content there for those of us who want to do it.

I hate the mini’s I never display a mini, I would have prefered a title. You think I am spending all this time and effort for a mini? Hell no, I’m doing it for the challenge and the love of the game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

Op, people asking for harder and harder content DO want it to be nearly impossible. NEARLY. So that when they do complete it, it’s an actual achievement. That they can lord over all others.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

I would love to be able to say there in content in Guild Wars 2 that is too difficult for me to do.

So far I have only attempted Tier 3 Liadri a hand full of times and I have not come close to beating her. But I think I am up for the challenge and I play to keep trying until the content is removed.

You know what, if it comes to the point that this event is over and I didn’t get the mini because I want not skilled enough to beat her, then I will be happy to admit defeat.

I just really hope Anet doesn’t give into all the whiners when a little bit of cotent that is challenging comes out.

Most of the gauntlet is easy mode, Liadri represents such a small fraction of the content it isn’t even worth typing it out as a percentage and there is a big out cry and casual vs elite wars start.

If you can’t beat Liadri move on and let those of us who want to try keep trying.

Hell I wouldn’t even care if they just gave the mini to everyone to stop the tears and kept the content there for those of us who want to do it.

I hate the mini’s I never display a mini, I would have prefered a title. You think I am spending all this time and effort for a mini? Hell no, I’m doing it for the challenge and the love of the game.

Which is funny ‘cause I just want the mini. I don’t care if somethings challenging when I just want to collecting something neat. A representation that I was there, and participated is enough for me. Sure there’s the Watchknight, but liadri is so much more cool than that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

If the trolls want hard they should play Guild Wars.

And if they want really hard they should play Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge and Shards of Orr (solo) in GW.

And if they want extremely hard they should play Dark Souls!!!!

and if they want more than extremely hard… turn off the computer and go play Real Life!

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

They could try instances in Aion, and try to solo zergs of Elyos as an Asmo on the Israphel server. Asking for hard In GW2 is a joke imo after playing Aion.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

There’s nothing wrong with that. My problem is with people that think, “I only want fun content, not hard content, so ALL content should be fun and not hard.” People who think that way want everything to cater to them and don’t care about others.

What exactly is wrong with having content for you and content not for you existing at the same time?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

There’s a ton of content not called Liadri and there always will be.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

There’s nothing wrong with that. My problem is with people that think, “I only want fun content, not hard content, so ALL content should be fun and not hard.” People who think that way want everything to cater to them and don’t care about others.

What exactly is wrong with having content for you and content not for you existing at the same time?

Hate to break it to you but those people are the majority of any game… even EVE. Arenanet is in the business to make money and they ONLY make money from the casual majority. If the casual majority isn’t being services they will leave. It has and is happening in WOW.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

How is one single arena, like 0.001% of the all content, making GW2 less casual?
Don’t like it, don’t do it. There’s plenty of content out there that is fun and easy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Hate to break it to you but those people are the majority of any game… even EVE. Arenanet is in the business to make money and they ONLY make money from the casual majority. If the casual majority isn’t being services they will leave. It has and is happening in WOW.

Well too bad for them. There’s something wrong with them if they’re so bothered by something optional and difficult EXISTING that they’re willing to stop playing the entire game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Honestly, if you didn’t have to walk all the way back, and waste loads of time getting more tickets then there would only be a fraction of the players complaining about how hard it is even though the fights themselves wouldn’t be any easier.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

How is one single arena, like 0.001% of the all content, making GW2 less casual?
Don’t like it, don’t do it. There’s plenty of content out there that is fun and easy.

Quoted for truth.

To the OP: Chill out, there’s a million things for you to do ingame that caters to your preferences, just because there’s one piece of small content that is finally difficult, isn’t enough reason for people to cry that the game is becoming less casual.

The biggest fault of GW2 is the fact that nothing in this game is challenging. Even getting to fractals level 80 wasn’t really challenging, it was simply a grindfest. So yes it’s to many of us it’s absolutely refreshing and encouraged to have difficult content once in a while.

I’m not sure the need to be so blatantly selfish and expect every aspect of the game be completely catered for a person.. I’m all for creating as much diverse content as possible so that all sorts of people may experience and have content that they’ll enjoy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Oh look! Another post essentially saying this: “Adding 1 Boss and 2 Achievements associated with it is unreasonable. Remove them all, and make sure to never again add any like it to begin with.”

In GW2, there are players who have a good understanding of their Profession. Once someone reaches this level, the simplicity of PvE becomes transparent and there is little to nothing left to challenge them except optimizing dungeons for speed-running. For these players, there is no “end game”; there’s nothing.

Queen’s Gauntlet provided a glimpse into content for these people to defeat, and others inspire them to improve themselves and overcome it.

It’s one boss and two achievements. This is too much? This is the epitome of self-centered. In PvE, I couldn’t even begin to list the amount of content that is made for “everyone” because it’s basically “everything”; but as for the content designed for those who seek challenge, you can count it on one hand.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Op, people asking for harder and harder content DO want it to be nearly impossible. NEARLY. So that when they do complete it, it’s an actual achievement. That they can lord over all others.

We’ve seen what happened when it became impossible with the Bazaar update.
I believe nobody killed over 50 enemies in tier 4 candidate trials.
Now that content was seriously too hard. Not because it was challenging, but because enemies just had way too much HP, and that amount of HP had no counter.

People are asking for ’’challenging’’ content. Not ’’hard’’ content.
Stimulating you to push yourself to new limits and improve yourself.
Now, this update has done that to a lot of people, and sadly majority of the vocal people who can’t complete it blame it on the flaws of the Gauntlet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

That’s fine but it is fun for others and the entire game dose not revolve around your wants. If this not your thing, it’s not your thing. Do some of the other content in the game that’s more your taste.

Or because they actually find satisfaction in overcoming a hard challenge. I’ts not necessarily an “I’m better than you” thing.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

in Queen's Jubilee

Nokaru.7831

Now that content was seriously too hard.

It was not “too hard.” It was completely and utterly unrewarding and full of exploits though. Why would anyone bother putting effort into something like that?

It would be the equivalent of trying to craft an Exotic-quality item only to receive a white.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Now that content was seriously too hard.

It was not “too hard.” It was completely and utterly unrewarding and full of exploits though. Why would anyone bother putting effort into something like that?

It would be the equivalent of trying to craft an Exotic-quality item only to receive a white.

You needed 50 kills for a gold reward for it. Nobody completed that.
That means it is too hard. Simple.

We don’t even know if it wasn’t worth it to do it. Perhaps that final bag (that nobody got) would have 50% weapons drop for you.

Majority of the rage endulged from the Bazaar update was that the weapons from the BLC were super RNG. Well, we don’t even know if completing the event the proper way would’ve been a good alternative. Again, because it was too hard.

I’m not saying you couldn’t complete the T4, far from it. It was easily doable. Even in a team. But, getting the kills needed to get the highest rewards were impossible. So if that’s not too hard, then what is?

in Queen's Jubilee

Nokaru.7831

You needed 50 kills for a gold reward for it. Nobody completed that.
That means it is too hard. Simple.

50 kills did not give gold. Just like in Tier III, it gave Silver because it was bugged.

It did give the final loot bag, but it had nothing to do with it being a Bronze/Silver or Gold Reward. It just was based off of kills.

The strategy was simply standing in the back and killing the Plunderers, Mortars and Grenadiers that spawned. The quicker you killed the Mortars and Grenadiers, the quicker they respawned. In addition, you could safely pull as few of the Veteran Aetherblades from their big pile in the middle as needed to reach 50 kills.

Doing it the “legit” way did not matter because you could exploit it far easier. It also was not more rewarding than doing previous Tiers because of how much longer it took to accomplish.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I didnt want harder solo content. I wanted harder group content (dungeons). Aetherblade retreat was a step in the right direction, especially with the achievements that made you push yourself a bit harder in those encounters.

The scaling and the chain stuns and chills were far too much in candidate trials T4. Made it hard but also just annoying. I completed all 4 tiers solo early on, but I went to help some friends complete T4 later. We trio’d it and it was one hell of a challenge just to survive. Did feel pretty good about it afterwards. But honestly it should of been easier to complete but harder to get max reward. Not easier to solo, very hard to complete in a group and next to impossible to get the max reward.

(edited by spoj.9672)