Latest patch= Mindless gameplay

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

With this patch we got mindless farming an a good 5 minute solo instance with good dialog an story telling for once.

If i wanted to do mindless repetitive tasks I’d play WoW.
Im not even doing my dailys anymore my enjoyment of this game has turned to ash. They better blow me away with what ever is going to happen for the 1 year anniversary. I loved gw1 an was in love with gw2, hell i got into the 2nd press beta for gw2 an have played 1880 hours. With all the things Anet keeps doing this just isn’t the game they said it would be, an I wanted it to be.
It started with the RNG chest skins (spent 150-200$) got one skin (shoulder pad). Ascended gear. Then came ‘guild missions’ an our small guild was so excited for it. Then we just kept failing because of our low numbers we gave up. Then came flame an frost, hitting signs so fun. Now its time gated crafting, mindless farming for massive profit. An to come in latter patches crafting to lvl 500 with TIME GATED GRAFTING MATS.

There are no words for how im feeling.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Superfast.5901

Superfast.5901

Agreed. Guild Wars 2 has become the most repetitive, boring, and most of all, pointless video game I’ve ever had the misfortune of paying for.

So much promise with their manifesto now GONE.

And the worst part? All the leftover fanboys can’t admit that this game just sucks now.

:/

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Agreed. Guild Wars 2 has become the most repetitive, boring, and most of all, pointless video game I’ve ever had the misfortune of paying for.

And the worst part? All the leftover fanboys can’t admit that this game just sucks now.

But I like game, am I now a fanboy that can’t admit that this game sucks?

What I don’t get is the point of these threads we had them since release. IF you want to achieve anything with these threads add some valid criticism, how to improve things you don’t like, etc. All you do now is creating a thread that may get removed/merged with all the other feedback threads.

And if you really want to make a point stop playing the game, stop spending money on it and keep it to yourself.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It sucks for you, it doesn’t suck for me. Get over yourself.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

I truly don’t understand why they are doing this.

1- Why Ascended gear when there is no higher end game?

2- Why make gauntlet farmable? And not just for Achievement-wise?

3- Why have all dungeons give the same rewards except AC and Arah?

4- Why make events spawn champions when they scale so high, making people do nothing all day except farm?

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Queen's Jubilee

kokiman.2364

Because for the majority of the playerbase playing an RPG means watching your gearnumbers rise.

The majority of the playerbase wants to farm.

Arah is the hardest of all. I don’t understand the decision behind AC either, though.

4- Why make events spawn champions when they scale so high, making people do nothing all day except farm?

The eventupscaling was in the game before A.net decided to introduce champion lootbags, maybe they’ll adjust it.

GuildWars 2

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

You will receive a booster, a scroll and a mini pet! What else do you want for your bday? I don’t know about you but i have been waiting for that xp scroll for 12 months, be hyped.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Queen's Jubilee

kokiman.2364

You will receive a booster, a scroll and a mini pet! What else do you want for your bday? I don’t know about you but i have been waiting for that xp scroll for 12 months, be hyped.

Wrong thread or wrong hate macro?

GuildWars 2

in Queen's Jubilee

Nuka Cola.8520

Wrong thread or wrong hate macro?

I’m excited, aren’t you? You should be.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Sorry Op but threads like this is why I hardly come to the forums anymore.
If you don’t like the game don’t play it.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

my toes hurt!!!!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Nuka Cola.8520

“If you don’t like the game don’t play it” this is what gw2 defense force says to every single person who brings out a negative point about gw2, all of them without exception. If everyone who dislike current gw2’s content abandoned the game, you would be 1k players still playing the game with empty wvw, even emptier open world and even in LA you’d find no more than 10 people… But hey, at least you could get into TC server without a 3 months q.

in Queen's Jubilee

kokiman.2364

“If you don’t like the game don’t play it” this is what gw2 defense force says to every single person who brings out a negative point about gw2, all of them without exception. If everyone who dislike current gw2’s content abandoned the game, you would be 1k players still playing the game with empty wvw, even emptier open world and even in LA you’d find no more than 10 people… But hey, at least you could get into TC server without a 3 months q.

Well this is the most sensible thing to do, right? If I start to hate something I will just stop doing it. Even animals follow this simple rule.

GuildWars 2

in Queen's Jubilee

Nuka Cola.8520

Well this is the most sensible thing to do, right? If I start to hate something I will just stop doing it. Even animals follow this simple rule.

What about keep playing and wishing for the best? Is this even possible or what.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Because for the majority of the playerbase playing an RPG means watching your gearnumbers rise.

The majority of the playerbase wants to farm.

Arah is the hardest of all. I don’t understand the decision behind AC either, though.

The eventupscaling was in the game before A.net decided to introduce champion lootbags, maybe they’ll adjust it.

1. Not to all and Anet could have educated them on the fact that +stats is just a minor thing when it comes to progression.

2. Really they want to farm, or do they feel forced to farm due to the bad economy in game.

3. The rewards are silly yes.

4. They knew this would happen as there has been more than enough examples already. They just failed to anticipate where. Either due to how bad their testing team actually is or them not knowing their own game enough.

Addendum on 2. You can’t use metrics to gauge why people do something. Just because people do A does not mean they like doing A or prefer more of A. This is why metrics should never be just used as the sole reasoning to add things. Something Anet has yet to show they understand.

in Queen's Jubilee

kokiman.2364

2. Really they want to farm, or do they feel forced to farm due to the bad economy in game.

Addendum on 2. You can’t use metrics to gauge why people do something. Just because people do A does not mean they like doing A or prefer more of A. This is why metrics should never be just used as the sole reasoning to add things. Something Anet has yet to show they understand.

Forced to farm.. oh lord those poor souls are being forced to farm! Lol this is just a game after all, if they farm they do it because they want to do it not because they are forced to do it.. And I don’t see what problems the economy suffers from.

GuildWars 2

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hm?
I am rather sure that people are whining quite a bit about how hard the Gauntlet is, so I don’t really follow how it can be “mindless gameplay”.
But then again I suppose one only chooses to see what supports ones argument?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I absolutely loved Guild Wars and its expansions. Played GW2 from BWE1 to present and can only say I like GW2 and will continue my choice(notice I said “my choice”) to grind for dailies/monthlies, AP points, mats, shinies and gold and help my guildies. What happened to statements during the building of GW2 that you could expect to see the best of Guild Wars being brought to GW2? I have yet to see much of Guild Wars in GW2.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The game doesn’t suck for me, I rather enjoy it. But I’ve been a ‘leftover’ for a long, long time now; something that comes with advanced age. Lol. =P

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

With this patch we got mindless farming an a good 5 minute solo instance with good dialog an story telling for once.

If i wanted to do mindless repetitive tasks I’d play WoW.
Im not even doing my dailys anymore my enjoyment of this game has turned to ash. They better blow me away with what ever is going to happen for the 1 year anniversary. I loved gw1 an was in love with gw2, hell i got into the 2nd press beta for gw2 an have played 1880 hours. With all the things Anet keeps doing this just isn’t the game they said it would be, an I wanted it to be.
It started with the RNG chest skins (spent 150-200$) got one skin (shoulder pad). Ascended gear. Then came ‘guild missions’ an our small guild was so excited for it. Then we just kept failing because of our low numbers we gave up. Then came flame an frost, hitting signs so fun. Now its time gated crafting, mindless farming for massive profit. An to come in latter patches crafting to lvl 500 with TIME GATED GRAFTING MATS.

There are no words for how im feeling.

Go play runescape.

in Queen's Jubilee

Azraeel.1238

Hm?
I am rather sure that people are whining quite a bit about how hard the Gauntlet is, so I don’t really follow how it can be “mindless gameplay”.
But then again I suppose one only chooses to see what supports ones argument?

The farm is done with specific classes, using specific builds. Something that has high burst and damage denial. Such as blind and reflect. This is why Thieves, Guardians, and to some extent mesmers can pull it off easily.

As for how much those people are being rewarded, just read the Deadeye farm forum, people are making more than 600g. Buying pretty much everything they need from the TP. Which causes a major inflation since the supply getting way lower than the demand.

I am truly saddened to see this happening to GW2, I had high hopes for this game. It had great potentials, but they keep doing one mistake after the other. In the end, people will get fed up and leave. Happened to me with RIFT and SWTOR before. They need to stop throwing stuff left and right, and focus on ONE content at a time.

When I first joined GW2, I thought it hated the idea of farming. They culled everything that rotated around farming, and they even introduced Diminishing Returns to keep the prices fairly high in TP. Then you have this latest patch, which is about nothing but farming. Farming for gold, farming for exotics, farming for T6 drops. No diminishing returns, no actual waiting time after defeating a boss with gambits, nothing….. Just farm farm farm farm. Whoever lasts the longest, makes the most money. I prefer people actually farming for their required materials a million times over farming gold and champion loot bags.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I think this game is ok as long as I keep it casual and don’t play too often. Endgame is rather a mind numbing “running around like a headless chicken” thing. It can be fun at times but not too much of it.

The champion runs or pain trains were fun for a couple of days, but running around in circles killing the same 4 champions over and over again does get old. Not to mention that you really have to keep up because if you want to sell your stuff to a trader and take 10 seconds to do so, you might have missed the next champion. That’s how fast they die.

So that makes me wonder. Why do the champions respawn so quickly and why do they not scale up with bigger groups because a group of 20+ players just rips through them and we end up going faster than the respawns sometimes.

It’s a bit odd how they did this in my view.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

Don’t like it- don’t play it. I love GW2. Sure, I would change this and that but who wouldn’t?

Stop making those pointless threads. We know, we’ve seen a lot of them. We don’t care.

in Queen's Jubilee

Azraeel.1238

Don’t like it- don’t play it. I love GW2. Sure, I would change this and that but who wouldn’t?

Stop making those pointless threads. We know, we’ve seen a lot of them. We don’t care.

Your post isn’t any better, just saying. The guy has a point, this latest patch has TONS of mistakes in it. When you see people making 800g out of farming one gauntlet boss, then definitely something is off. When you see people farming champs for drops hour after hour, then something is definitely off…

If everyone abides with the “Don’t like it, don’t play it.” You would be playing alone.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

This game has turned into a farming game or has it been like that all along and I just haven’t seen it? At some point I ask myself, what is the point? Is it that hard to create more solid story? It’s like you get 5 min of story every 2 weeks. Come one Arena net, I’m an adventure, I want to explore new lands, delve into the depths. Not kill the same monster/champion/zone boss for the 100th time.

I swung a great sword, again and again and again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jeffery.3106

Jeffery.3106

If you think that you’ve achieved everything and know everything that this game has to offer, I guess you can say that, but I highly doubt it so it’s just a typical player who’s grown tired of this game.

How is it anyone’s fault but yours for spending that much money, or joining a small guild. Things happen, don’t blame the game.