Liadri gauntlet feedback

Liadri gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dakz.3628

Dakz.3628

To start off, this living world event has be phenomenal. I absolutely love every part of it.. Except Liadri. Every fight in the gauntlet has been challenging, yet doable. The other events have been very enjoyable and interactive. Liadri has been a frustration, pain, and has not been any fun at all. I have 3 level 80’s and have attempted Liadri over 50 times on each character, running multiple spec’s, gear sets, and everything i could think of to get me an edge. A total of over 200 gauntlet tickets just on Liadri. So what exactly is the problem you ask? In my opinion, several factors. First, the circles on the flooring are ridiculously hard to see, even running “unlimted dodges” on a thief, or permanant swiftness on an elementalist or necro, its still a little too difficult to get out of since the safe area isn’t clear. (or hazardous area isn’t clear enough) This problem gets even worse on “phase 2” since only a small portion is safe. The clones spawn too fast. Generally you’ll have 3-5 clones running after you at any portion of the fight, making dodging them, while diligently looking for the safe zone annoying at best. Yes, i realize there is a pattern to it, but that just takes me to the next part. The randomness of the event. Even knowing the patterns flawlessly, undoubtedly you will get unlucky and have a clone spawn right on top of you, or in front of the only available path to safety. An unlucky pull from the orb with a clone sitting on top of it, or a pull during the last tick of the room wide AOE. Worst is probably the fact that you cannot reliably range attack the orb, as its constantly “obstructed” from range.

Last, and least of the issues probably, is when you finally farm a few tickets to try again, and you run ALL the way back up to the arena, and wait your turn to spawn in, and you get in, and there’s a group of oozes from whoever was before you sitting in the back of the room. So not only do you get to dodge Liadri’s attacks, you also get to try and dodge the oozes, and their attacks, effectively wasting a ticket.
Having nearly every other achievement done- and wasting every cog, and even buying 500 of them to buy more tickets, and every ticket, i am probably going to be done with the game until this content is over or patched. I love Gw2, and it is a lot of fun, but Liadri is not an enjoyable encounter, and i now regret to have spent my only day off being so incredibly frustrated at this single piece of content.

I am a collector, and an achievement junky, so leaving this piece undone is a major frustration for me. Please retune this event.
Sincerely,
Frustrated GW2 player

Liadri gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Soufflenoir.9016

Soufflenoir.9016

SOrry Dakz and I understand… I had lot of challenge to reach that last boss, new stuff and cost, and I’m not going to try anymore because everybody Is frustrated with that Liadri

Liadri gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I will probably be giving up on it at Liadri too. Not because the boss is too difficult. But because people aren’t considerate enough to revive you after you die. I’m certain I can kill the boss given enough tries. What I get tired of is inconsiderate players trampling over my corpse in a hurry to get into an empty arena.

Why do we need to die? Or why isn’t there a way point in front of every arena? Anything to make it even 1% less tedious than it is.

Liadri gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Dakz.3628

I will probably be giving up on it at Liadri too. Not because the boss is too difficult. But because people aren’t considerate enough to revive you after you die. I’m certain I can kill the boss given enough tries. What I get tired of is inconsiderate players trampling over my corpse in a hurry to get into an empty arena.

Why do we need to die? Or why isn’t there a way point in front of every arena? Anything to make it even 1% less tedious than it is.

I agree on this point as well. I usually respawn, simply to get the rep buff from the representatives, for any extra edge i can get, but its a long walk back up

Liadri gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I am on 250 tickets for Liadri and considering just quitting the game. I know I won’t, but I have not ever been this frustrated with something. I know I will be doing her 24/7 until I finish it or until the content goes away – but it sure as hell is ruining the fun for me. Doing it because I feel pressured into getting the mini, the achievement and the points. I am a completionist and no matter how often people tell me to just quit, I can’t.

So yeah…250+ tries on Liadri. Mesmer, Ranger, Warrior. All possible builds, gear combos and whatnot. I got her down to under 10 pct health a bunch of times and then I time out. Pure frustration. I don’t complain often about anything, especially not, that something is too hard. But yeah. Liadri is.

Liadri gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

I finally managed to beat her with my ranger. Used Longbow and Greatsword. Just a tip for people. The red circles are always at the same spot on SAME arena. If you keep swapping arena, the patterns/add timing will be different. So just go to 1, and stick to it.

After hour or 2, you will figure out the first phase and can ace it without much trouble. The second phase is that sucks. You just have to keep running on the edge, keep moving pretty much all the time. Use stealth/pushback, anything that can give you a few sec breather from the boss.

It is challenging boss, and I have to admit I got extremely frustrated as well (especially when the floor collapsed when boss was at 5% health…) Just keep at it and the reward of beating her will be something awesome I think.

Liadri gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Dakz.3628

Ive watched video’s, copied builds and everything. Apparently im just not good enough. But im in the same position as firefly.. A mini isn’t worth this frustration.. but im a completionist, and a collector. This fight just isn’t fun. Again- I don’t usually complain. Have been following GW2 for years, and playing since beta.. Challenging is one thing, but this is absurd and purely unenjoyable. Again, purely my opinion