Liadri is great

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

I just recently beat Liadri after 20 something attempts, and I have to say this boss is really well done, and I say this because she is difficult, but not impossible, and her attacks have a clear pattern, which are avoidable. Liadri is one of those bosses that you keep fighting till you get it down to a science, which I really enjoyed, so kudos to whoever designed her.

The only thing that bugged me about her was the short time limit. It really takes a GamerGuruMaster to beat her in the first few attempts.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bosgaurus.7408

bosgaurus.7408

Thanks to people like you, encouraging this thing, many hunderds of normal folks have to suffer from frustration and time waste.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

If only they fixed the visual bugs (aoe indicators in ground, neon that burns your eyes and camera stuck on the roof, like basics of visual art 101, anything behind the camera/pov doesnt exist and dont do random flashes of different light as pokemons censoring of the porygon episode has shown).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Thanks to people like you, encouraging this thing, many hunderds of normal folks have to suffer from frustration and time waste.

+1

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

Bosgaurus, I had to spend atleast 2 hours fighting this boss, and it was frustration filled too. Content that is skill-gated is awesome for people who have the drive to persevere . Hating on “people like me” for enjoying difficulty isn’t rational. Liadri has a skill-curve, and once you figure out that all her moves happen in a very noticeable pattern, (AOE’S always follow the same pattern, 2nd phase AOE moves in a giant circle formation, bright neon flash always happens at the same time, and her leap is choreographed). Things that reward your ability to be attentive and quick with your fingers shouldn’t get shot down by the people who refuse to learn the tactics associated with difficulty.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Thats kinda the point of hard content…

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Only problem imo is that is very hard to see AoE circles on that transparent floor.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

It was said on the livestream that that the Queen’s Gauntlet is not meant for everybody. Hard content isn’t meant for everyone to complete. It’s quite refreshing to see that Anet is releasing content that is actually challenging.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

there’s a lot of people who never owned a NES/SNES/mega drive playing this game

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Only problem imo is that is very hard to see AoE circles on that transparent floor.

And this (but about 3 times brighter because of 120 hertz monitor).

Attachments:

(edited by Andele.1306)

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

The issue with the boss fight is in the second phase more than half the floor gets bombarded with no indication beforehand of where it won’t strike. That on top of the cripple that is constantly applied by the boss preventing you from getting there in the 1 second you have.
Limiting you to kill her before you run out of dodge rolls, while even with zerker gear and quickness isn’t possible forcing you to rely on at least 2 instances of luck with the AoE.

The first phase however is laughable once you understand what the mechanics are.
Real shame the “difficulty” spike is phenomenally above even a multi-gambit run of the other third tier bosses.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

And this

I didn’t have any trouble with her blinding light move, since if you follow the AOE patterns, it should never hit you, and counting to 2-3 seconds when she blinds you and dodging the damage is negated anyhow.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

The issue with the boss fight is in the second phase more than half the floor gets bombarded with no indication beforehand of where it won’t strike. That on top of the cripple that is constantly applied by the boss preventing you from getting there in the 1 second you have.
Limiting you to kill her before you run out of dodge rolls, while even with zerker gear and quickness isn’t possible forcing you to rely on at least 2 instances of luck with the AoE.

The first phase however is laughable once you understand what the mechanics are.
Real shame the “difficulty” spike is phenomenally above even a multi-gambit run of the other third tier bosses.

Theres no luck in the AOE, its always in the same spot. The AOE follows a strict pattern, no luck involved at all.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I’m constantly getting pulled to that kitten orb. Is this avoidable?

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

Kill the orb the second you see it spawn. A large black shadow appears right before it spawns

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

Theres no luck in the AOE, its always in the same spot. The AOE follows a strict pattern, no luck involved at all.

Then why in the 2nd phase does the small safe zone go across the other side of the room? Or sometimes just straight up goes from clockwise to counterclockwise?

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Kill the orb the second you see it spawn. A large black shadow appears right before it spawns

Yea scepter skill kept saying “obstructed”. Hit it with a melee weapon and it died in one hit. I wonder if this is intended?

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: showtime.9175

showtime.9175

this is no hard content. its mostly RNG content. just stupid to waste time and dont get any fun out of it. but you have to do it because of the new achivement system

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

Then why in the 2nd phase does the small safe zone go across the other side of the room? Or sometimes just straight up goes from clockwise to counterclockwise?

It doesn’t. The AOE in 2nd phase always has 2 safe spots. You just have to track its movement or run in a circle.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

Yea scepter skill kept saying “obstructed”. Hit it with a melee weapon and it died in one hit. I wonder if this is intended?

Use either scepter 3 or 2. 1 seems to not work

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

And this

I didn’t have any trouble with her blinding light move, since if you follow the AOE patterns, it should never hit you, and counting to 2-3 seconds when she blinds you and dodging the damage is negated anyhow.

Ok then tell me how to see the patter on medium options where it melds with the ground (not just kinda hovering in it on high or being on low where since the fps limit and pixelization your eyes would be in pain anyway) if i cant pull out the camera more than 3 inches away from my character since there is the sodding roof to see the falling black goo whateveritsnameis.

Also its timed…

(edited by Andele.1306)

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Took me around 30 tries as a Guardian, then I used the endurance food and killed it on first try, really helped a lot.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

And this

Ok then tell me how to see the patter on medium options where it melds with the ground (not just kinda hovering in it on high or being on low where since the fps limit and pixelization your eyes would be in pain anyway) if i cant pull out the camera more than 3 inches away from my character since there is the sodding roof to see the falling black goo whateveritsnameis.

I can’t speak about medium options, but the AOE is just like Subject Alpha. 2-3 seconds, then dodge. It can’t hit you if you evade it.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

I feel as though they took her and few other fights a few mechanics to far although i do agree they have made some great fights here. I know how she works but I still can’t beat her i have my endurance buffs, and can get to p2 no problem. Once im their though i can’t turn around to fight her im constantly running and dodging just trying to get to that safe spot. I really think the fight is just mostly luck based. I’ve been going threw my 30+ tries now talking with other people trying to figure out the best way to do this fight and others who have gone 50+ tries are just quiting. If it was skill based i would see these guys making progress not just running in circles just trying to get a single hit on her while also knowing all the mechanics.

The 2 ele’s i watched were using mist form and teleport really well in P2(got to the safe zones way faster than me and killed all orbs) and neither of them have beat her yet and they were here on her when i was only halfway done with the arena.

Dark souls has skill based bosses that I love fighting over and over again(still play both soul games often). Liara feel more like the bed of chaos were my skill comes into play but the ultimate deciding factor is luck. Liara is also not a fight i will be returning to the fire asura, quaggan, 4v1(although my least favorite), sniper, the girl with the purple shield, the dog and the man, and fight 1 ill try with gambits.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

It’s not even close to hard in T1, it just takes lots of trying. Plus, you don’t have to do it if it’s too hard for you.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m sorry you can’t faceroll it like you’re not even playing the game, but some people like challenge. It’s a good thing we have an entirely separate achievement section and arenas separated from the main meaty content…

Oh wait, you all still complain.

Keep at it, Anet.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

OK after 40~ tries (last 10 being with all of the following: Energy sigils on both weapons, Endurance regen Stew, Swalk, Signet of the Locust, 25% movement in DS – helps in stage 2 AND about a hour of being in the dark so that my eyes dont pop when the shiz does the epilepsy attack):

Attachments:

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

AlphaMackDaddyG.1478

OK after 40~ tries (last 10 being with all of the following: Energy sigils on both weapons, Endurance regen Stew, Swalk, Signet of the Locust, 25% movement in DS – helps in stage 2 AND about a hour of being in the dark so that my eyes dont pop when the shiz does the epilepsy attack):

Welcome to the Liadri Mini club

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I’m sorry you can’t faceroll it like you’re not even playing the game, but some people like challenge. It’s good thing we have an entirely separate achievement section and arenas separated from the main meaty content…

Keep at it, Anet.

Challenge = using your wits/reaction to solve a problem.

Difficulty = making the actual process of solving the problem difficult.

Think how fun Mario would be if instead of fun and interesting jumping levels, the goal is right in front of you but you the process of moving and jumping itself is difficult and you can’t really tell exactly where you need to jump. You also aren’t exactly sure if what you think is happening is really happening or if it’s something else altogether. And if you move just slightly wrong, you die. That’s what the boss is, difficulty disguised as challenge.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bosgaurus.7408

bosgaurus.7408

I’m sorry you can’t faceroll it like you’re not even playing the game, but some people like challenge. It’s good thing we have an entirely separate achievement section and arenas separated from the main meaty content…

I’m sure that eventually I will beat Liadri, and many of those who want that exclusive mini-pet will too. But that difficulty spike is really surprising. I “facerolled” through all other gauntlet champions, so why make it so hard to beat final champ?

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

This boss could be great, but it isn’t for several reasons:

1) it’s temporary (even if recurring) content
2) you need tickets (which are now soulbound thanks to a very mystifying decision) to attempt it in spite of the high ohko ratio
3) you come out of it dead, have to spend money on repairs (and a waypoint, if nobody’s nearby) to try again (plus run back if you had to waypoint)
4) as with most “challenging” content as of late, it’s twitchy and heavily reliant on timing and unfriendly to even the slightest amount of lag (everything OHKOs you, half a second is precious)
5) it’s also heavily reliant on luck (the pull orb spawning close to you, you having enough endurance left to dodge the aoe, a clone not spawning on top of you)

If there weren’t tickets and the arena was instanced (which would lessen lag) I would have a lot less negative things to say about this.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Tickets are easy to farm. What really makes it difficult is a BAD camera and BAD latticed floor. I believe i’d do it much easier with normal camera angle.

Attachments:

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

They may be easy to farm, but it’s still annoying to have to stop trying and go back for more tickets every time (it might be especially so for me since I have high ping and the AoE keeps hitting me after I’ve left it because of this, so it’s not uncommon for me to get OHKO’d 2 seconds in). Just like it’s annoying to come back out dead, and to have to run back up if nobody’s there to res you. Nuisances that didn’t really have to be there and add nothing but frustration to the content.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Keep at it, Anet.

Think how fun Mario would be if instead of fun and interesting jumping levels, the goal is right in front of you but you the process of moving and jumping itself is difficult and you can’t really tell exactly where you need to jump. You also aren’t exactly sure if what you think is happening is really happening or if it’s something else altogether. And if you move just slightly wrong, you die. That’s what the boss is, difficulty disguised as challenge.

You did actually describe the older mario games http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Keep at it, Anet.

You did actually describe the older mario games http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard

The ones that are poorly designed :P

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Keep at it, Anet.

Nostalgia goggles, I tell you.

The whole idea of “superficial” difficulty is pretty ridiculous anyways. Difficult is difficult, no matter what the cause of it is. And overcoming difficult challenges is what makes completion so satisfying in the first place.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Anyone get the 8 lights?

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Keep at it, Anet.

Something that is difficult is still difficult. If you have a hard time, regardless of the why, that’s the point.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

there’s a lot of people who never owned a NES/SNES/mega drive playing this game

^ this entirely….also there’s this article proving newer gamers can’t handle old school NES games:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-gamers-today-cant-finish-level-1-in-super-mario-bros/

This makes me sad in my heart.

Anywho, kudos Anet for making this challenging content! Some of the achievements made me want to throw my cat, but kitten does it feel good when you complete it!

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Andele.1306

Keep at it, Anet.

Nostalgia goggles, I tell you.

The whole idea of “superficial” difficulty is pretty ridiculous anyways. Difficult is difficult, no matter what the cause of it is. And overcoming difficult challenges is what makes completion so satisfying in the first place.

Ok let me give you this example, there is a giant dragon that will fry you if you enter a cave, but in case 1 its never explained and a way around the cave is hidden as one of the 40 little rocks on the ground, while on the other you have the option to go left on screen and about 2 maps earlier you got a small message that tells you that flames bright as the sun come from darkness.
Now tell me what case is fair and what case is just fake difficult.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Yes I enjoyed this boss even though it took me over 40 tries. The only issue I had was the camera issues oh and fps drops because it is placed where a bunch of players are zerging stuff below

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

The issues I’ve had are…
1. The Camera is absolutely rotten, not acceptable when you need to be aware of what’s going on or face a vision spawning on you.
2. The latticed floor, it makes visibility very poor.
3. The fact it’s position right above an area where a combine harvester zerg is running around going full pelt with abilities. Lagging out to high heaven at times.

Liadri is great

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

You don’t actually have to farm tickets, you can buy them by buying the sprockets.