Liadri is imbalanced

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chesed.2890

Chesed.2890

I beat her, and this is my perspective.

Every other person in the gauntlet took about one or two tries. There might have been one or two that took maybe four.

I dropped about 45 tickets on Liadri. The fight was so bad that at first there were times I died in the first 15 secs of the match (orb pulled into Liadri aoe….GG).

After beating the fight there was definitely a sense of achievement, but it took me all of Saturday and part of Sunday morning to finally hit on a winning strat.

I’m one of the lucky ones with the time to spare on this (no kids and my wife plays all day with me). I can’t imagine the frustration that casual and even moderate players would feel trying to beat her…..

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

^ Pretty much this

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

Boss is ok. Casual’s who cant beat it or havent got enough time to do it, can just skip this challenge. Who forces them to do it? Theres tactic for this boss, whats cool, and IMO ArenaNet should think more about challenges like that, or similar, who require master ur skills. IMO they’re really close to make cool raids for small groups (+-8people), where every person need to know a tactic etc, but ofc reward must be encouraging.

When i killed Liadri, i felt similar to old times in World of Warcraft, when we was fighting with a really hard boss, and when we finally did it! Everyone was so happy. Here was similar, but i was fighting alone – would be great to do hard bosses together, with my guildies

However, I’ll repeat – reward must be really good, and encouraging, to spend time on it And i hope tactic from Liadri isnt end of possibilities, and i hope next bosses surprise us, and we will see other, requiring systems.

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

Dude pls. Talk about your "hardcore wow " past somewhere else.
We KNOW boss mechanics.
We KNOW the tactics.
We can beat this boss.

The only problem is randomness that instantly kills you without any hope. Lethal pulls, spawn of visions right in front of you.

sorry for my poor english

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I beat her after over 200 tries . It was more of a relief than joy when I did it. The challenge is all about pattern. You have to do it over and over to get the pattern of spawn. It really have nothing to do with how well you can play your class. After I beat her on my mesmer I tried her on my ele just for fun. While I didn’t beat her but I got to p2 and got her down to 1/3 on my first try.
If you want to test your skill there is no substitute for a real human.

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

how my skills can prevent rifts from instant kill you right after spawn at the opposite side of the arena?
I cant even kill them cuz they’re obstructed

sorry for my poor english

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

how my skills can prevent rifts from instant kill you right after spawn at the opposite side of the arena?
I cant even kill them cuz they’re obstructed

if you are melee you are screwed but any ranged attack will 1 shot it. Also the orbs spawn at the same time and same place every time if you fight in the same arena. So once you know the sequence you can pretty much kill it before it pulls you.

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Dude pls. Talk about your "hardcore wow " past somewhere else.
We KNOW boss mechanics.
We KNOW the tactics.
We can beat this boss.

The only problem is randomness that instantly kills you without any hope. Lethal pulls, spawn of visions right in front of you.

What’s even worse is when your losing because you weren’t in gear that could do enough DPS… over and over… and over…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Liadri is imbalanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

I had to lvl my mesmer to 80 because it’s very kitten ele.