Liadri is impossible for the colourblind.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

I am red green colourblind.

I am unable to see the red circles which represent the insta-death fields in the Liadri Gauntlet fight.

Consequently, I cannot complete this fight.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

Trust me, even people who can see colors still struggle to see them. -_- They don’t contrast well with the floor.
The best you can do is lower the camera so you can see the black orbs from above.

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Haha. And I just thought it was completely my fault. I didn’t see any circles. I have dyschromatopsia myself.
Need more tickets to try it now.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

It’s not the colourblindness that’s the problem. I have the same issue, but it’s not because of colourblindness. Colourblindness would be a problem if it was green on red, or purple on blue. This is just red on… a slightly different shade of red.

The circles still follow a pattern that is pretty easy to follow once you see where the first ones spawn, but you can’t do that because they are practically invisible

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Nah, that’s not how it works. It’s not that easy. It’s not just a red on green or green on red problem. That’s just one part of dyschromatopsia.
It’s not easy to describe for someone who sees normal and the Ishihara plates don’t really make it more understandable.
And what you see in GW2 depends on how bad your colour blindness is and which colour you don’t see and which colours GW2 uses for effects.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cipher.7913

Cipher.7913

If you have a Nvidia card, you can open the Nvidia Control Panel and change the hue to 100% under “Adjust desktop color settings”. It will distort the colors of everything in-game, but it will also make the AoE circles turn green.

I’m also red-green colorblind, but I was able to easily defeat Liadri after changing that setting.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I believe Anet said they are adding a new fight, which will be first person only and inside a red cube.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the colorblind mesmer is me.
i really can’t see those red rings… vision is already a nightmare in those domes, but red ring on brown ground are pure evil…

you should have known that colorblind could have problem with this, do you hate us? there are already thousands thread about it, i thought it was addressed already but no, you chose a brown ground in the dome…

i have a suggestion, don’t make red rings but full red bright circles (i guess asking for black rings or circle would be too much to ask since for some reason this is not done already despite the over mentioned threads).

don’t chose green, brown or orange or similar colors as ground (i’m not asking to remove grass from the game, but in those domes you could have used the same color you use in crucible of eternity, it is pretty dark and the red rings are easier to spot)

edit: even hovering circles like the one in pvp when you cap a point

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Queen's Jubilee

Antisceptic.9174

Thanks Cipher, that helped. Now I just need to figure our how to do the fight. :S

in Queen's Jubilee

Antisceptic.9174

Update: Using Cipher’s tip [adjust Hue to +100% in Nvidia control panel] I was successfully able to complete Liadri.