Liadri is the Emerald Weapon of GW2

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SchmoMan.5312

SchmoMan.5312

I haven’t fought a boss this challenging in a game, that you can actually beat, in years.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I wouldn’t say she compares to Emerald Weapon. I used straight up cheat codes to have all level 99 characters with ultimate weapons and infinite Limit Breaks, and I still had a horrible time trying to beat him.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

There are ppl playing this game old enough to remember/know ff7…sniff brought a tear to my eye (the thought of a whole bunch of ‘uberl33tskillz’ gamers thinking ‘wtf is the emerald weapon?’ does make me lol though).

If you’re comparing her to emerald weapon then it’s not that bad-ruby weapon was the one that gave me nightmares. However…this intrigues me greatly-will have to check the gauntlet out this weekend…maybe next week and see what all the fuss is about

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Emerald WEAPON was a tape-the-button-down-and-walk-away affair with the right set-up…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

If you’re comparing her to emerald weapon then it’s not that bad-ruby weapon was the one that gave me nightmares. However…this intrigues me greatly-will have to check the gauntlet out this weekend…maybe next week and see what all the fuss is about

It’s not easy, and you’ll have to get creative about it. This will also cost you some gear and trait changes and I’ve come to my limit on that list. I’m not going to re-gear a couple characters just for this.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

Seriously? Knights of the Round + Mimic = Cake Win. She was much harder. lol

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Knights of the Round, are you kidding? It’d take you DAYS to win like that.
I had a hacked out Cloud doing like 200,000 damage every round with Omnislashes, and it still took forever to win.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I had a hacked out Cloud doing like 200,000 damage every round with Omnislashes, and it still took forever to win.

You’re hyperbolizing. Badly. The fight is long yes, but it’s quite easy with the right set up. KoTR+HP Absorb+Mimic allows you recast it infinitely and heals you to full health at the same time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I don’t play on computer. and Hacking doesn’t really count in a discussion of difficulty really since you are HACKING!!!!!!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

You’re hyperbolizing. Badly. The fight is long yes, but it’s quite easy with the right set up. KoTR+HP Absorb+Mimic allows you recast it infinitely and heals you to full health at the same time.

KoTR is the slow way to win. Slow, because the summon itself takes ages… though it looks amazing.

The fast way to win is with 4x Cut and a Master Command+HP Absorb on one character, a Mega All and Master Command+HP Absorb on another. Even better is to have Master Command+MP Absorb as well on both of those for total overkill (you’re looking at absorbing 3996 HP and 396 MP per 4x Cut, and when Emerald Weapon has his “eyes” open he gets five hit locations so a Deathblow All will drain 4995 HP and 495 MP in 1 hit.)

Of course, those Master Command materia require materia melds using Huge Materia which involves quite a bit of grinding in the north crater

It helps if all characters have a base Dex of 255 from farming Speed Source in the sunken gelnika to give them around triple base combat speed and Big Guard for 6x actual combat speed compared to your basic L99 Cloud with 85 Dex. Plus every character needs access to Mime.

So, what happens is someone casts Big Guard and then Cloud does 4x Cut, and the other 2 mimic that attack for 12 attacks for the round, ~120K damage in under 10 seconds. Everyone keeps mimicking until Emerald Weapon opens his “eyes”.

Tifa (my Deathblow All character) does Deathblow All and the other characters Mime it for ~30K damage to each of the five hit locations in a single combat round, causing the eyes to close before they even get a single attack off (they have maybe 25K health each). Then it’s back to the 4x Cut routine until Aire Tam Storm.

Aire Tam Storm hits for 1,111 damage per materia equipped on your character, so 9+ materia means that character will die. I’m pretty lazy so I let the characters all immediately self-rez one after the other with Final Attack + Life 2, but you can fight with 8 or less materia per character to have them survive it. Final Attack + Phoenix is the other option if you don’t mind sitting through a lengthy summon. (3x Life 2 is faster…)

Once self-rezzed or whatever it’s just a few more 4x Cuts… whole fight is a couple of minutes when your party does 120K every 10s or so. I’m talking the Playstation 1 version, too. No hacks required, just a lot of grinding materia and sources to have a stupidly OP party

My favourite composition was Cloud, Tifa and Vincent. Vincent had the best Flash animation and Tifa did the best Deathblow All, so that was that. I kinda grew out of Limit Breaks, Magic and Summons because Command attacks are faster and stronger for the time spent.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The emerald weapon can’t be compared to that.

I beat it with a rubber band.

I just cast some haste, then single 12 knights and then 3 mimics, and then used the rubber band to keep the button pressed.

It went on autopilot for the rest of the fight, the emerald weapon couldn’t do a thing.

Of course, I spent way over 90 hours getting those items to get your stats to the max in that sunken ship, though.

The greatest merit on that was that I did it before I had Internet connection, so I didn’t use any guide. It just tried once, failed miserably, then when to get the max stats, then tried again with a normal method, they the 12 knights trick came to me, and it worked.

But the most important part is that the Emerald weapon is not something temporary. I can buy the game right now , and do it. And still get the achievement.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Yeah I only had 30 hours played in that game (seemed like a lot as a 13 y/o) and no KOTR, so my 1 attempt at Emerald Weapon was I think a quad-9-clusterkitty.

RE: the discussion above though, is it accepted that FF7 had some kind of boss scaling for OP players? Because although I “aced” the Sephiroth battle (admittedly I did have some idea of what was coming, having watched my bro die on phase 2 repeatedly), but I vividly recall going to my friend’s house (who had 99+ hours played) and watching him KOTR Sephiroth repeatedly and eventually get wiped. I had to giggle

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Yeah I only had 30 hours played in that game (seemed like a lot as a 13 y/o) and no KOTR, so my 1 attempt at Emerald Weapon was I think a quad-9-clusterkitty.

RE: the discussion above though, is it accepted that FF7 had some kind of boss scaling for OP players? Because although I “aced” the Sephiroth battle (admittedly I did have some idea of what was coming, having watched my bro die on phase 2 repeatedly), but I vividly recall going to my friend’s house (who had 99+ hours played) and watching him KOTR Sephiroth repeatedly and eventually get wiped. I had to giggle

I never noticed any scaling… the fist time I did that battle was L67, and I’m pretty sure you can just stick to the basics to win. All the advanced stuff and flashy summons is showing off, not needed at all

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Emerald wasn’t even hard. He just had a lot of HP.

You could easily beat it without KotR, level 99, OP materia combos, or anything else.

Like Cirian said, just stick to the basics.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

It’s a fight where you need a bit of luck and a very good setup. For me Liadri reminds of Ozma from FF9.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I was disappointed that they didn’t give those that just want the achievement and miniature and option or choice to choose some kind of nerfed easy mode and just get the achievement, and those that want hard mode or a challenge to give them the option to choose hard mode.

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I was disappointed that they didn’t give those that just want the achievement and miniature and option or choice to choose some kind of nerfed easy mode and just get the achievement, and those that want hard mode or a challenge to give them the option to choose hard mode.

because that’s not an achievement, that’s called spoon feeding.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

Emerald weapon was a joke in comparison, because you didn’t have to deal with server lag, low fps and obtuse camera angles.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Emerald weapon was (legitimately aka no hacks) way harder than Liadri.
More content like this though, please Anet!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I always found Ruby weapon harder…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Final Fantasy 7 is pretty easy overall, compared to other FF games I’ve played.

Though I suppose relatively speaking it may work.

Tifa was <3 though, she pwned everything.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.