Liadri possible without dodging

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sharpkiller.8516

Sharpkiller.8516

So, after getting the Light up the Darkness I decided to try to beat her with the no endurance gambit on. Beat her first try. So it is definitely possible with all classes, even those with no vigor.
To be honest it’s really all about practice and learning where the orbs spawns and the patterns of the red circles. Once you know that dodging becomes way less important. My only near calls came from not being able to dodge Liadri attacks, not the aoes.

I also think this would make a great achievement to add, if the gauntlet remains in the game and more achievements are added. I think it proves how great of a job the developers did with this fight, as many people are complaining how impossible it is, but if you know what you are doing, you can complete it without dodging.

(edited by Sharpkiller.8516)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

Video or it didn’t happen.

in Queen's Jubilee

Sharpkiller.8516

I knew that would be the first comment; too bad it did happen.

(edited by Sharpkiller.8516)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yasashiku.8275

Yasashiku.8275

Congrats on beating her without dodging!

I, personally, am waiting for someone to beat her with every gambit on. I mean, some people consider her “too easy” so why not beat her with all of them? :P

I hope someone makes a video of it though, because that would be interesting to watch!

in Queen's Jubilee

Sharpkiller.8516

Challenge Accepted.

Jk. Although if someone could that would be awesome to see.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

No, just no, took me a whole day just to learn the pattern and be able to do it on my Necromancer. The difference is that 1 mistake is all what it takes for us to get downed. Where as other classes have either invulnerability or teleport/shadowstep.
Even before learning the pattern, I was able to pull off the first phase with my dodge thief, however, since damage sucked, I couldn’t do phase two. So I stuck with my Necro since he is my main.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

That’s not bad OP, but I beat her using my feet to control the mouse and keyboard while using a lvl 2 engineer. When you can say that then you can join the big leagues kid.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Moose.2356

Moose.2356

gratz i gave up trying to beat her for me its just not possible it isnt fun to me to have such timed restraints on such diffficult things dont get me wrong i like the difficulty but i am one that thinks we need permanent things this level of difficulty and festivals should be fun and doable by everybody no matter how little time u have to play. gw1 perfect example how easy was it to get the masks everytime event rolled around and there were things more difficult but u get to try every year best luck to all who are trying and gratz to all who have won

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

I’m not the OP, but here you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zec0S_io8Ps
Any and all flaws of this video can be blamed on recording decreasing frame rates, camera angles ,being a charr, etc.
These are in no way shape or form my fault and can be blamed on someone else.

(edited by Radu.1693)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Nice job! It’s really fun watching people continue to push themselves on the boss just for the sheer challenge of it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Any and all flaws of this video can be blamed on recording decreasing frame rates, camera angles ,being a charr, etc.

Pretty kitten good man.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zec0S_io8Ps

Impressive. Really well done.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I would like to try to pull out the fight with multiple gambits, but as a mostly pvper I doubt I could afford the huge ticket costs to do it. Cost of entry is a bit steep if you want to challenge yourself with lots of gambits.

Nice vid of the no dodge btw. Great way to demonstrate that if you understand the mechanics the fight isn’t super difficult. Necro damage on phase 2 seems really solid as well.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Yea you don’t need dodge if you know what you’re doing.

All is vain.