Liadri the Concealing Dark Guide

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Finally beat it after 2g of tickets. People constantly ask for tips so here they are

Introduction: Lidadri will stand in the center of the dome to start, and cones of aoe will spawn across the map. They have similar timing to an Elementalist’s Dragon Tooth and are instant kills. Notice she has 3 stacks of invulnerability. To remove these, pull her adds that she spawns (instant kills when touched), to the white vortexes on the ground. This will spawn a crystal to throw at her and remove a stack of invulnerability. Keep in mind that skills that drop bundles will lose the crystal (Mist Form). After all 3 stacks are removed, dps her down while avoiding the increased number of AoE and Adds. She will now apply cripple and weakness to you.
—-———————————————————
1. The Orb is a priority, especially at the 2nd stage, so take it out asap. Keep in mind that some skills will not work on the orb, as it will be “obstructed”, but AoE attacks seem to be fine.

2. After taking out the first orb that spawns, pull the mobs to the white circles. The faster you do it the less pressure you’ll have as there is a set spawn limit to the adds.

3. Once the second stage hits, start running in a constant circle around the dome. There is a set pattern to the instant-kill aoe, and running around will make it easier to dodge. The rule of thumb is where the aoe just was, will be safe next attack.

4. Stun-breakers, invulnerabliity, blocks, movement skills, heals, and condition removal are needed.

5. Most of the challenge is learning the mechanics and patterns of the boss, trial and error will make it easier

6. If you get the nonstop pulse bug from the orb, switch domes, this seems to stop it from happening.

7. Skill lag is a pain, might need to spam your skills if needed

8. Don’t wait until the last second to dodge the aoe, sometimes it won’t register as a dodge.

9. You can rally off orbs

10. If you’re getting lag or low fps, turn settings to lowest but keep sampling to native

11. Consumables to help :
Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew (Endurance Regain)
Seaweed Salad (If you need more dps)
Maintenance Oil (Extra Stats)

Classes I’ve known and recommend to beat this: Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer.

Good luck to those willing to bash their heads on this. I know the skill lag from the zerg below and the bugs don’t help, but you can do it

Falkriiii – Elementalist

(edited by EchenSketch.9142)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Just did it as a guardian myself, for the most part this guide is spot on For guard in particular, I recommend zerker scepter/focus with superior sigil of accuracy and air. The air sigil allows you to have a chance at extra damage when you crit.

Also, if you panic, you die but that’s the case with any class.

One tip I did not see mention is to lower all your settings to the lowest but keep sampling to native. Post processing in particular needs to be turned off, otherwise she can blur the hell out of your screen for a few seconds.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

Just did it as a guardian myself, for the most part this guide is spot on For guard in particular, I recommend zerker scepter/focus with superior sigil of accuracy and air. The air sigil allows you to have a chance at extra damage when you crit.

Also, if you panic, you die but that’s the case with any class.

One tip I did not see mention is to lower all your settings to the lowest but keep sampling to native. Post processing in particular needs to be turned off, otherwise she can blur the hell out of your screen for a few seconds.

As an elementalist, go Bunker S/D w/ Ether Renewal, Arcane Shield, Mist Form, and Armor of Earth. Standard 30 in Water in Arcane, and 10 in Earth for the 10% damage

also thx, I’ll add that

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

That orb glitch has killed me several times. I just get bounced around all over and can’t do anything about it.

This fight is indeed challenging, and so very frustrating. I can only dodge that many times in a row and mostly it is her Necrotic Grasps that kills me. It almost feels a bit too much that she can’t be injured during the first phase, throwing aoes over half the dome and constantly attacks you with projectiles. And at the same time, you have to avoid inta-kill visions. It makes me wish I had a regeneration heal or something. Non of my heals as a thief helps me very much right now and I am not sure what to do. Hide in Shadow has too long cooldown and I usually die when it is on cooldown. Withdraw only throws you backwards (I so wish it could evade in the direction I am running, just like dodges). I keep rolling into everything that is hunting me when I heal with that one. And the healing signet heals or too little to be of use to me.

Ah well, have spent 30 tickets on this boss and have 34 more to spend before I have to farm more.

Edit: And even when I get “Invulnerable” popping up all around me when I dodge, I still take damage. Though not all the times. Only some times.

(edited by xerca.6135)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I’m having a pretty hard time of this has a thief. I can usually dodge the circles enough, though it gets a lot more difficult once I have to dodge the incoming visions too.

The thing that’s making me make more mistakes though is the constant damage from the Necrotic Grasps. I just don’t have any good way to heal that damage. No healing over time, and the heals tend to be a bit more detrimental to beating her. (Evading backwards. Stealth stops the visions from following, but Liadri can keep tagging with her projectiles.

This is a really unforgiving fight. I think I’ll have to really change things up to a more bunker style or something to just live through the first phase.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I cannot beat Liadri. I got 2750 hours of playtime with my guardian (my highest alt is lvl 30) experience in PVE, PVP and WvW, so I consider myself quite experienced. Yet this fight troubles me to no end. No idea what to do
I either die early because I run out of dodges/blocks or the time runs out before she is beaten.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I’m having a pretty hard time of this has a thief. I can usually dodge the circles enough, though it gets a lot more difficult once I have to dodge the incoming visions too.

The thing that’s making me make more mistakes though is the constant damage from the Necrotic Grasps. I just don’t have any good way to heal that damage. No healing over time, and the heals tend to be a bit more detrimental to beating her. (Evading backwards. Stealth stops the visions from following, but Liadri can keep tagging with her projectiles.

This is a really unforgiving fight. I think I’ll have to really change things up to a more bunker style or something to just live through the first phase.

The Necrotic Grasps are easy to dodge by just strafing left and right.

I’m having a lot of trouble killing her before time runs out. Previously I ran Carrion + full Berserk jewelry, and I couldn’t get her below 1/4HP before time was up. Am now going to try with full Berserker gear…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bokagha.5639

Bokagha.5639

What engineer build do you use?

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

What engineer build do you use?

I beat this on my elementalist.

To the rest, I totally agree. This boss is definitely easier on some classes. On the second stage, you need to have ranged b/c you’ll be running around avoiding AoE, melee isn’t really an option, so Guardians might have some trouble with dps.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

The Necrotic Grasps are easy to dodge by just strafing left and right.

I’m having a lot of trouble killing her before time runs out. Previously I ran Carrion + full Berserk jewelry, and I couldn’t get her below 1/4HP before time was up. Am now going to try with full Berserker gear…

The first time I got her down to 3% health and died. Another I got her down to 2% health and ran out of time.

If you need more dps, I recommend Seaweed Salad instead of the endurance food. 10% damage while moving makes a big difference.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

(edited by EchenSketch.9142)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’m trying to get this done… tried Mesmer and Elementalist. I last about 10 seconds. When I get a crystal to spawn I seem to be perma knocked down with no way to get up. Is this the “orb bug” people speak of, or am I doing something wrong? Currently this looks to be impossible for me – can’t see any way of not being perma stunned long enough to spawn three crystals.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

If you need more dps, I recommend Seaweed Salad instead of the endurance food. 10% damage while moving makes a big difference.

Thanks, will try that. Although only +10% is still gonna be tight.

I’m trying to get this done… tried Mesmer and Elementalist. I last about 10 seconds. When I get a crystal to spawn I seem to be perma knocked down with no way to get up. Is this the “orb bug” people speak of, or am I doing something wrong? Currently this looks to be impossible for me – can’t see any way of not being perma stunned long enough to spawn three crystals.

Tried a different arena, or server?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The problem I have the most is that when you go near the dome walls your camera goes right up your kitten ….why the kitten can’t we have a first person Camera!

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

63 tries, finally did it (warrior). It was frickin brutal. Never again!.

If any warrior is having trouble i used this dudes guide (still took me another 20 tries tho):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYIedfHmFwk

Tip: get the “Champion of the Wild” buff befor going in, speeds up endurance regen (the hoelbrak NPC down by waypoint).

(edited by Glog.4275)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’ve just about given up. I know the mechanics inside and out, but I either screw up in phase one, or fail miserably in phase two. This fight is in the same vein as the clocktower, which is the bad kind of challenge.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Tip: get the “Champion of the Wild” buff befor going in, speeds up endurance regen (the hoelbrak NPC down by waypoint).

Those buffs disappear when you enter the arenas.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

I’ve just about given up. I know the mechanics inside and out, but I either screw up in phase one, or fail miserably in phase two. This fight is in the same vein as the clocktower, which is the bad kind of challenge.

No, it isn’t. Because you can’t make it. Doesn’t mean it is a bad kind of challenge.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

No, it isn’t. Because you can’t make it. Doesn’t mean it is a bad kind of challenge.

Do I have to link that experienced points video again?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anyone got a guide on how to do this with a guardian?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

The Orb bug I’m am referring to is when you destroy an orb, it disappears, but you get a knockdown that pulses every 5 seconds or so. Try changing Domes.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

Personally I think this is one of the best bosses they’ve created. Bugs aside, it is essentially fair. The mechanics are there, the method to beat her is there. All that’s left is execution, which is challenging, but fair. I’d like to see more challenging PvE content like this in the future, as it’s a step up from making bosses with mass amounts of damage and/or health.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Geez, finally got this done, took me about 13 tries on warrior….every fight before her took less than 3…that was a challenge, but it is done! it’s over! my nerves are shot! ghahgsahga

When in Phase 2, dont get too close to the wall….the camera will go straight up your kitten and mess you up, stay 1/2 way between mid and the outter wall and just go in a circle, the pattern is an X so if it hits North/South, the nest is West/East, rinse and repeat

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

If you have a cool head and good connection, you can avoid the necro grasp hands she throws at you.

[thief] You can also ignore the aoe by using Sword/Dagger #3 (1/4s evade).

[thief] You can safely approach the Dark visions and Cloak n Dagger off them or even off boss (she’s invuln but still will proc you stealth), aoe blind on stealth trait also covers you.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

what an absolute mess, camera view is kittened, have to wait in a queue every time to try again, really ? does anet even think, at all ?

nvm tried it again and as I entered the arena I instantly fell to my death because the last challanger ran out of time, I mean how buggy can you make it anet ? seriousy ? ?!= "

I buy food and spend most of the time waiting in a queue until they run out of time so i can get in and drop to my death instantly and get back to queue.

How bad is this.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

what an absolute mess, camera view is kittened, have to wait in a queue every time to try again, really ? does anet even think, at all ?

nvm tried it again and as I entered the arena I instantly fell to my death because the last challanger ran out of time, I mean how buggy can you make it anet ? seriousy ? ?!= "

I buy food and spend most of the time waiting in a queue until they run out of time so i can get in and drop to my death instantly and get back to queue.

How bad is this.

You’re just unlucky . Queue’s aren’t that long. If they are, find an empty dome or one with less people. Camera was fine for me, try zooming in a bit.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Im just very mad. I bet you can tell.

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

Im just very mad. I bet you can tell.

I was really frustrated but had a good time, because when I died it was usually my fault. Whether it was popping my stun-breakers at wrong times or missing the rally of the orb, etc.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I had a sneaking suspicion I could get this done on PD thief so I tried it yesterday failed straight away. Tried all my classes and honestly I just could not get it done. Saw this video didn’t even change my traits took 6 or 7 tries (a few times got her between 10% and 20%) but in the end I got it done.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

I had a sneaking suspicion I could get this done on PD thief so I tried it yesterday failed straight away. Tried all my classes and honestly I just could not get it done. Saw this video didn’t even change my traits took 6 or 7 tries (a few times got her between 10% and 20%) but in the end I got it done.

Yep, I’m sure every class has some build that can do it. I think people don’t want to take the time to bash their heads against to wall and learn how to beat the boss, and complain about the mechanics. Sooo many forum thread criticizing it.

For those of you that keep trying, keep it up! It was the best feeling in the world when I finally beat it

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

EchenSketch.9142

Anyone got a guide on how to do this with a guardian?

Most of the guardians I see try it don’t have enough dps. You may have to change your build up a bit so you don’t run out of time.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

I just completed this today… finally! Initially I was trying to defeat her with my guardian, but I lacked burst damage (which is important in the 2nd phase imo) and my mobility wasn’t the best either. I couldn’t make it past the 1st stage consistently, and when I did, I always ran out of time. All in all, I tried over 70 times without success.

Then I switched to my zerker warrior, switched a few traits around, and beat her on my fourth try. Healing signet worked wonders because the only damage I was taking was from her slow projectiles in the first phase, most of which can be avoided with back-and-forth strafing. Perma swiftness allowed me to weave around the illusions and grab the crystals safely (which I had trouble doing on my guardian, embarrassingly enough). After throwing the third crystal I ran right to her and unloaded all my damage on her before the AOEs returned.

I traited my burst skills to grant endurance, use less adrenaline, and cleanse conditions, so I pretty much kited her around in the safe spots with a longbow, using Combustive Shot to clear the cripples and Arcing Arrow for burst damage that wouldn’t be eaten by the illusions. I swapped to axe at the right times to unleash a heavy Eviscerate and then ran back to the rotating safe spots to continue kiting.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If any guardian is having problem with this dungeon roll a 20/0/30/20/0 build (the only important trait you want is taking 10% more damage on the zeal 20 trait line. The ONLY three other important pre-requisites is having all soldier runes and taking on your skill bar (aegis heal/ utility skills: save yourself/ hold the line/ stand your ground/ elite: renewed focus). The final thing is taking ALL ZERKER GEAR (NO EXCEPTIONS) sword/focus and sceptor/torch (superior sigil of energy and sigil of force on each weapon set is preferred [to dodge 1 time on weapon swap]). You only want to swap to sword/focus to have a free block or dodge roll in phase 2, but your sceptor will literally melt the final boss with auto attacks and torch “4” for an easy 8k burst.
edit: by 10% in zeal take the 10% more damage to burning foes and 10% dmg on sceptor for the “major deeps”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: St Nap Yppah.1752

St Nap Yppah.1752

Is anyone else having the problem of seeing the red grid that is suppose to tell you where the death is falling from. I have tried tons of different graphic settings and have the most up to date driver but it doesn’t show up for me. I have watched youtube videos and seen it on other peoples but not on my own.