Liadri vs warrior

Liadri vs warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Hi all!

Creating this topic to spread out advice on defeating Liadri as a warrior, as well as gaining some for my own completion. I’ve tried it about ten times thusfar, and came close (like 10% of her HP left) a couple of times. I will post my build, and explain any tactics that seem to work for me.

The build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejkOBvtQKPMxBEkCNsKOPGvkg8UKoD7A-jUzAYLYEWgIRQEBACBcyLp5wBNWBLiGrWGWzgpSTqyNQeDlVZAYWDA-w

FGJ is good for a lot of damage increase, giving you 81% crit chance and might helps with both condi and direct damage.
Signet of Fury is optional in this slot, as you already have a lot of adrenaline gain. Bull’s Rush could be nice for extra mobility.

Stage 1:

The order in which she casts Shadow Fall seems to be the same every time. Stay close to the centre of the arena to avoid it without dodging (just position yourself outside).

I always try to destroy the orbs that pull you right away, as sometimes they pull you and Shadow Fall is cast instantly, downing you without a chance to recover. It feels like a cheese mechanic, in an otherwise challenging and well put together fight. Sword 2 is useful for this purpose, as only melee and AoE seem to destroy these things.

Focus on luring the clones into the whirls, and don’t be hasty to grab the light thingy. Also, clones spawn at the edge of the arena, so don’t stay still (sometimes they will spawn on top of you or really close).

Overall, thanks to healing signet, stage 1 is quite easy. She should not be able to form a real threat with her auto-attacks if you keep moving. Do not activate healing signet, you will die. Just try and complete this stage as soon as possible so you have as much time left for stage 2. Also try and have your endurance at full when completing this stage.

Stage 2:

This is where things get hectic. Shadow fall will cover like 75% of the arena, leaving only a few safe spots at the edge. There is a pattern, though.
It seems you can run from safe spot to safe spot if you keep running. The difficult part is that you also have to dish out quite some DPS, or you will run out of time (happened to me when she was at 15% HP).

So try to keep track of when Shadow Fall starts to cast, and ~four seconds later, dodge. Because of this, use either endurance regen food or signet of stamina. You need to be conservative with your dodges during stage 2, I advise to only use them to dodge Shadow Fall.

Sword 2 will allow you to jump to a safe spot if you see one. This can save you a dodge or a panic button.

Because with shield, you have two panic buttons. Shield 5 will shield you from Shadow Fall, or a touch from a vision clone.
Endure Pain will also make you immune to these attacks.
Both of these moves should only be used if you have no endurance to dodge and aren’t able to reach a safe spot in time. I advise to use Shield first, as Endure Pain is also your (only) stunbreaker and can be used if you get pulled right before a Shadow Fall.

Liadri will inflict weakness and cripple on you. You will be almost immune to cripple thanks to runes/food/dogged march. Weakness is less of an issue, due to your damage being hybrid. That’s why I use Longbow for damage dealing. The AoE field is just great. Try and lay it down in the direction Liadri is heading (which is right behind you, lol). It will deal DPS whilst giving you more opportunity to focus on surviving. Sadly, immobilise does not work on Liadri. The bleeds from LB 5 still work, though.

Help!

That’s what I’m trying to give and receive by sharing. Like I said, I haven’t completed it yet, thus am very interested in other warriors experiences.

Good luck!

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Liadri vs warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Moghwar.8706

Moghwar.8706

I already posted my build for Liadri into the warrior forum section, but it might be more appropriate in here. It’s greatsword/rifle, so if you like direct dmg, here you go ;-)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAURjkOFvBPuQMRCE0DNMLEQ7Bj4UY80HsDA-jEQMAMB-w

You should finish phase 1 as fast as possible, so you don’t run out of time later. Kill every sphere, so your auto-stability isn’t on cooldown for phase 2. Use your gs to move fast, and #3 can save you from the black shadow things. When you enter phase 2, charge to safe spot and switch to rifle.

Phase 2, you can move from one safe spot to another by just circling clockwise. You’re even able to run backwards (normally very noobish when kiting an enemy ;-) better use your strafe key, and run sideways. This way you can constantly attack and kite her). Cripple her as often as possible! If she hits you, you might gain VERY long cripple uptime on yourself, as well as weakness. Activate healing signet to remove it instantly, since you can’t win when slowed down, low endurance and lowered dmg output. Use killshot only when: a) she is far away so you don’t get hit, b) the AoE circles just showed up, c) you’re in the safe spot, and not far away from where the next safe spot will appear.

Tip: use rifle #5 on the spheres, as OP already mentioned only melee/aoe skills work.

[dw] Guardian | Raidlead

Liadri vs warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

I used a very similar build to the OP, but I had Shake It Off slotted instead of FGJ so I could try to remove her cripple once in a while in Phase 2 without having to place Signet of Stamina on cd to remove conditions.

Signet of Rage I found very useful in Phase 2 mostly because of the 30 seconds of Swiftness it gave me. Getting between the safe zones with melee was easy because of the passive speed buff I have traited and GS 3 ability, but Signet of Rage helped prevent me lagging behind when I was using a ranged weapon.

[EDIT] Also the fight gets a heck of a lot easier to plan once you are familiar with the pattern that the AOE falls (which is always the same).

If you think of the area as a compass, in phase 2 the AOE falls North-South and then West-East, so the safe zones appear where the AOE last fell.

(edited by Lodovicus.1562)