Liardi> doing good> times up screw you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jeroen PwN.9601

Jeroen PwN.9601

Well after doing liardi with my ranger and getting the pattern but kept dying, i switched to my guardian cuz the criple killed me nonstop. again after many tries i had an set of staff and scepter/ focus. The only viable way to do it cuz with an gs you die quick. But as we all know the ranged dmg of an guardian is crap and so i died because i had the skills and knew how to beat her, but that doesnt matter becuase when im not an facerolling dps machine i can walk to hell. Well awsome.

I understand that this is a challenge that is not ment for everyone but the added time is just not acceptible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

There is more than enough time to kill her normally. But if you want to do the 8 orb achievement it’s quite difficult.

Kill her with sceptre but make sure you are traited with the 10% extra sceptre damage.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Queen's Jubilee

Jeroen PwN.9601

well i did kill her normally and without the 8 orbs and i died by time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

If you can carry greatsword instead of staff, and assuming you’re getting her down almost to death when time runs out, you can switch to GS right at the end to burst her maybe. I don’t know how close you’re getting but if it’s very close then you may be able to just go all out at the end, use an invulnerability skill (shelter or renewed focus I guess) and just wail away in the final seconds.

Of course I’m with you in thinking that the time limit funnels people into dps builds too quickly. A longer fight wouldn’t exactly be easier (I know the longer I go the more chance I have of screwing up, especially with the orbs) but it would open it up for more build variety.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Of course I’m with you in thinking that the time limit funnels people into dps builds too quickly. A longer fight wouldn’t exactly be easier (I know the longer I go the more chance I have of screwing up, especially with the orbs) but it would open it up for more build variety.

I can’t comment on the guardian part, but I do agree. I know why they put in the time limit, and I do like most of the mechanics for all of the fights, some had me change my build and try different tactics.

But I agree, with the 2min timer, you really are forced into a more dps heavy build for most of these fights. I mean I was able to do most of them in my knights gear on my war, but when you can watch videos of people killing the bosses so quickly (liardi in ~1min for example) it shows you that you need to go full zerk (with power weapons) most of the time. That would be fine for some fights, but it would have been nice if other fights favored a bunker build or a condi damage build, etc. (Then again, if that was the case, I’d prefer if we were in PVP and could change our gear for free)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

yeah i got it to less than 20% in my warrior and time ran out….getting killed by liandri is not frustrating since it is difficult, but doing good a good job and getting kicked out by time… XDDD annoying, infuriating i would say.

May be we got better luck next time

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

There’s one sure way to beat her in time… just program the PC to start this music 1 minute after the fight begins..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

yeah i got it to less than 20% in my warrior and time ran out….getting killed by liandri is not frustrating since it is difficult, but doing good a good job and getting kicked out by time… XDDD annoying, infuriating i would say.

May be we got better luck next time

Heh, I haven’t lasted that long yet, but the best I’ve done is get her to 10% once, about 40% another, and 50% a couple of times. The strange thing for the 10% one, I was using most of my normal “tanky” traits (though using zerker armor), spamming LB F1 (with cleansing ire) and number 3. If it wasn’t for a bad rift pull that I didn’t see I would have gotten her. I’ll need to try again, when my brain can focus on the fight.

I do like the fight, and I even like how unforgiving it is, I just wish it was balanced around something other than going full zerker.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I got the 8 orbs achievement with less than a second left and I can tell you I hardly did it the optimal way.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Queen's Jubilee

Jeroen PwN.9601

Well i completely missed the 10% xtra dmg for scepter so il try that out. atm i run at 0/25/5/ 30/10. I really wanna keep the confi removal on shout cuz that saved my kitten numerous times. Its also one of the main reason i play on my guardian and not on my ranger cuz the cripple was just to mutch.

in Queen's Jubilee

Jeroen PwN.9601

But i must say this is really the first real “achievement”. ive been yelling and cursing alot but that only wants me to get this even more.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Well i completely missed the 10% xtra dmg for scepter so il try that out. atm i run at 0/25/5/ 30/10. I really wanna keep the confi removal on shout cuz that saved my kitten numerous times. Its also one of the main reason i play on my guardian and not on my ranger cuz the cripple was just to mutch.

Check your bank – you may have a speed booster from opening up a ton of bl kits. That helps since you dont have to keep swiftness all the time. Also be sure to use the trait that removes a debuff every 10 seconds.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Queen's Jubilee

Jeroen PwN.9601

yea i run with purity trait

in Queen's Jubilee

Jeroen PwN.9601

ow for ranger my bad.

well first i wanna try it on guadian since that worked better for me

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I pretty much gave up. It has to be a perfect run. Miss one crystal and time will run out.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

But I agree, with the 2min timer, you really are forced into a more dps heavy build for most of these fights. I mean I was able to do most of them in my knights gear on my war, but when you can watch videos of people killing the bosses so quickly (liardi in ~1min for example) it shows you that you need to go full zerk (with power weapons) most of the time. That would be fine for some fights, but it would have been nice if other fights favored a bunker build or a condi damage build, etc. (Then again, if that was the case, I’d prefer if we were in PVP and could change our gear for free)

100% agreed. I finally completed Strugar and Chomper this weekend (haven’t worked up the courage to try Liadri yet) on a 30/30/0/0/10 mes with a mix of knight’s and cavalier’s and it was a struggle every single step of the way. I can’t count the number of times I timed out or just couldn’t out DPS the baddies before they downed me (no joke, three of my fights were won off of rallies).

Most of these fights are certainly doable on non-zerk builds, but it’s kitten tough to do it in the time allotted. Given all the guides, posts on these forums and videos, it’s totally clear that the whole thing was balanced around full-zerk gear. With one-shot mechanics, why even bother with anything other than damage, damage, damage?

Given the emphasis on creating more build diversity with the big balancing patch, I have to admit that I find this rather disappointing. It would have been nice if at least some of the fights that were built around non-zerker builds. And I totally agree, if they wanted to get players to play outside the box and test out new builds, doing the gauntlet using the sPvP framework would have been FAR more preferable.

After the T3/T4 candidate trials and now the gauntlet, I’ve decided to invest in a set of full-zerk gear so I can wrap up my gambit achievements, give Liadri the good ol’ college try and continue playing future Zerk Wars 2 content.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Queen's Jubilee

Jeroen PwN.9601

Well guys il take part of my words back, ive specced the 10% scepter dmg and now ive killed her after the second try

it didnt even feel hard to do.

Thx for al yur help