Light Up The Darkness needs a title...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Kinda feels little hollow to do one of the hardest things in the game and not get some bragging rights from it. Would be nice to get a title for it. Anyone else who got it feel like it?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The game just needs cooler titles in general. That said, I think completing the whole gauntlet meta would be more suitable for a title than just one of the achievements.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

If you’re a thief the achievment is a cake walk. No title needed.

in Queen's Jubilee

Auesis.7301

If you’re a thief the achievment is a cake walk. No title needed.

So what about the 7 other professions that succeed in doing it? Do they not deserve it?

Get over your pitiful vendetta.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Fixing the encounter should be the priority here.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I’d rather want a title for consuming my 100,000 drinks. That’s 100,000 clicks with your mouse and 700,000 Karma (when buying the best rewarding beverage from a Karma vendor at least, 4 drinks per beverage, 28 Karma each). It got you a title in the first game, so why not this time around.

Why don’t I get a title for making five legendaries? Isn’t that hard(core) enough to warrant a title as well? There’s plenty of things in the game that doesn’t reward a title, even though it feels like they sure could’ve given one.

I don’t think Light Up the Darkness needs a title though. Granted, I have yet to complete it, but I’m confident I will and I’m happy enough to have a complete collection of achievements, something I can enjoy for myself. I’d rather have the two things I listed above give a title of some sort, at least the drinks one. E.g., “Drunkard”, “Legendary”.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Well. That’s just life.
Liadri is easy compared to a very difficult PvP duel, and there you won’t even receive a mini or gold.
Hardest thing IG? Don’t think so. Plenty of people have done this, you have no bragging rights. Sry.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Queen's Jubilee

Auesis.7301

Silly boy you havent realised, this whole gauntlet favors professions, i even helped an elementalist out, he asked how to beat it on his elementalist i told him to log off and pick a different alt.

I know at least three Elementalists who have beaten it. S/D, Fresh Air, Zephyr’s Focus and Sigils of Energy + Battle go a long way.

You should immediately stop giving advice to anyone, ever.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Thomassassinate.9370

There is a high amount however that are having difficult times on eles, thus me giving him advice. He seemed to take it when he said thank you afterwards.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Sorry about the titles. This was kind of an oversight. I am nearly certain that the Gauntlet will return. Possibly as part of the activity rotation someday. Ideally we’ll extend it with more tiers of bosses, gambits, and achievements (and titles). I’m not sure if its possibly to retro-actively associate a new title with an old achievement but I will investigate. If so perhaps we can add some titles when the Gauntlet returns.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Metion.9541

Metion.9541

Add the titles to those, who got the mini!

in Queen's Jubilee

Thomassassinate.9370

Great idea anthony, but i suggest keeping the 1 shots out of the new bosses nothing fun about that, i love a challenge but everything that can 1 shot isnt learning its just dull.

Super adventure box first though, probly the funnest gamemode that brought the commounity closer together. More backpieces would be great on that too, the backpack cover is cool but got ruined by wings.

This gauntlet however drives people away, with non reviving, braggers, waypoint frustration, and profession loving.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Yes, so I can avoid every elitist having it.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

the npcs who let you enter the ring could revive you…

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

More titles would be nice.
I completed the Emergency Response Hero achievement; the one where you complete 5,000 Dynamic Events (those things that are the “bread and butter” of GW2). It would have been very nice to have earned a title to wear with pride as it would display my adventuring nature.

Also, where is the 10,000 Dynamic Events Completed achievement? Or 9,001 Dynamic Events Completed achievement (aka: Over 9000)? So many possibilities, and there is almost no utilization of this reward system or creativity in the existing titles. I hope that will change in the future.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I can’t think of a suitable title for Light up the Darkness, but Darkness Illuminator could just be…you know…“Darkness Illuminator”.

(If i’m not mistaken, so far all titles come from achievements having the same name)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Sorry about the titles. This was kind of an oversight. I am nearly certain that the Gauntlet will return. Possibly as part of the activity rotation someday. Ideally we’ll extend it with more tiers of bosses, gambits, and achievements (and titles). I’m not sure if its possibly to retro-actively associate a new title with an old achievement but I will investigate. If so perhaps we can add some titles when the Gauntlet returns.

If it’s not possible to retro-actively reward old achievements, and in case you want to add some titles for other hard achievements that don’t have them, maybe you could add 0 point achievements that have the require having that other achievement complete and a small additional task to complete it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

This was kind of an oversight. I am nearly certain that the Gauntlet will return. Possibly as part of the activity rotation someday. Ideally we’ll extend it with more tiers of bosses, gambits, and achievements (and titles).

Do not want. I’m already tired of activities and 1-shot challenges. I have no time to just enjoy game. Instead I am compelled to do LS achievements in time limits.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

I think the perfect title would be simply “The Queens Gauntlet” a play on the title “the kings hand” from the game of thrones.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: painHV.3968

painHV.3968

Yeah still surprised it doesn’t have its own title =\

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Can you confirm that when this activity comes back, it will include all the current achievements? Including liadri?

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

This was kind of an oversight. I am nearly certain that the Gauntlet will return. Possibly as part of the activity rotation someday. Ideally we’ll extend it with more tiers of bosses, gambits, and achievements (and titles).

Do not want. I’m already tired of activities and 1-shot challenges. I have no time to just enjoy game. Instead I am compelled to do LS achievements in time limits.

If you think that feeling compelled to do Living Story achievements in a limited time period is a bad thing, then adding the gauntlet permanently should be exactly what you want.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

In my opinion you should get a title for completing ALL of the gauntlet achievements, not only this one.

Something like “Queen’s Champion” or so.

And make it only availabe for this living story so we can have a rare limited title for once that makes it special. As with the other lame living story titles that you got for pressing f 150 times, you cant get them either if you didnt participate in the living story. So dont complain that it is “impossible to get for you” its an achievement !

(edited by Gumby.1708)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Please add a title to those who defeated liadra but don’t have that achieve too! It’s also very hard. And please do it retro-actively.

‘Champion of the Queen’s Gauntlet’ – defeat Liadria
‘Lightbringer’ – get light up the darkness achievement

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

In my opinion you should get a title for completing ALL of the gauntlet achievements, not only this one.

The difficulty level of all other gauntlet achievements does not even compare to “Light Up the Darkness” so this doesn’t really matter.

Hardest thing IG? Don’t think so. Plenty of people have done this, you have no bragging rights. Sry.

Please don’t talk until you do this yourself. Beating Liadri WAS easy, but that’s not what this thread is about.

Doing “Light Up the Darkness” DEFINITELY was the hardest thing ever in this game. It took me 200+ tries to complete on my Ele. I found this to be harder than soloing Lupi.

(edited by Kuzzi.2198)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

yeah, something like “All I got was this lousy title”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

You know that Purple Champion Star elite monsters have?
We should get one too if we beat Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I would like to see an answer too here about the gauntlet coming back..

It would really light things up and make the game not so stressy, if we would knew, that the gauntlet comes back some day, so that we don#t are so extremly focused on making all the achievements now !!

What is also one big thign a,lot of players have already complained about the atherblade dungeon, that extreme hard mechanics and time limited content is an absolute NO GO.

Players should always have the chance to do the game#s achievements, whenever they have the time for it to try on them.
You add in future now the flame and frost dungeon and aetherblade dungeon back to the game as new fractals and by that all people which had no chance to get the achievements from there, will get the chance now to try on these achievements permanently, until the moment comes that they are successful.

If You Anet, and by you I talk now to you Anthony as one of their Game Designers haven’t realized within the last half year+, since the living story got introduced, that the community totally dislikes any kind of content, that is just temporary, when it comes about achievements and how quickly you can extremely pi** off massively alot of people with this kind of content, then I think all of you must have massively tomatoes on your eyes to see not, how annoyed we are by this kind of temporary content that forces people to do something quickly in a limited time just to be able to miss not forever the corresponding achievement points.

Players are perfectionsts and completionists. If we see undone achievements in our list, where we know, that we will never ever get the chance again to make them, what will render our achievements forever uncomplete, then this is an extreme unsatisfying feeling that leads only into anger and people gettign alot lesser interesting in the game..

because why play the game further, if the game ultimately destroys your plans of having a complete achievement list by stupid temporarely living story achievements, which were so extreme hard, that you couldn’t make them in time.

Also this is something, that punishes people, which want to make a longer break from the game, because with temporal achievement, you basically CAN’T make any breaks from this game, unless you give a **** about the achievements and if you don’t care about your achievements being perfect and completed everywhere. what is for alot of players (hardcore9 the absolute ultimate goal for playing this game as it shows the ultimate dedication towards this game, if you manage to max all achievements!!

I would stress myself alot lesser about beating now Strugar with no meat for the stupid doag and beating liadri with the 8 orbs, if I’d know that the pavillion would be permanent content and after the living story ends, the corresponding achievements of the pavillion turn into their own category. Only the achievements around the activities need to go into history. But the pavillion achievements should become after the living story their separate own achivement category where the achievements should get moved to, so that in the end the pavillion can be easily turned into a permanent content, which you talk about, that can be used for later by adding more tiers with new enemies for new achievement,s new titles ect..

I think it should be hard to turn the gauntlet achievemets after the LS later into the activity section either or under the “General” Section and there then as its own category “Collosseum” or “Queen’s Gauntlet” in regard of however you want to improve that feature in future.

I said Collosseum, because that place would be nice if it could get improved by an official Dueling Arena for example.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Also wondering, how many people have gotten the achievement. Must be like 2% of the playerbase or less.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

The title could be ‘Overcame the camera, floor, lag and bugs’.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

The title can be “Alone in the Darkness.”

Yep. Went there.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Any oceanic players manage to get it yet?

Picking up those Orbs makes me rubber-band all over, I cant seem to get past 6, let alone actually finish her off.

The sheer amount of packet loss that happens while in this zone is insane, having a 3+ second delay at times really doesn’t help.

25/90 never forget.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I’d really would like some Title related I went to fractlas scale 80 last year after a 1 1/2 month and what pretty dissapointed that it was actually worth nothing ( no achievment / noo good drops)

I think a way would be: – All Achievments “Champion of the Queen”
– Light up the Dark “Lightbringer”

I love the idea of having a Lightbringer title … for the sake of GW1 times:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I figured I would finish Light Up the Darkness, and the very next day I did. So now I can say it having done every achievement for the Queen’s Jubilee (for these two weeks anyways), and.. I still don’t really feel like it needs a title to go with it. At least not while it’s delivered as temporary content. I’m perfectly happy with the fact that I have completed it for myself to enjoy and look back at in the achievement logs.

Make the content permanent at some point, and allow everyone to have as many goes as they want at it, then I’m much more open to the idea of a “look at me” brag-title. I use the title, “The Emperor”, in example, which is obtainable by anyone that wants it, but still a pretty rare title to see over someones head, probably due to the cost involved in getting it. Over time, it will get more common, sure, but then there’s new titles that we can likely invest our efforts into getting, which won’t be as common for a while.

Oh, and just in case someone wants a screenshot or it didn’t happen:

Attachments:

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Who the heck will do this obnoxious activity if you people dislike someones favorite classes? Having only necro, personally I’d never step back in there even I got payed to so irl. I may be masochist for even playing necro but I don’t hate myself to subject myself to that kind of self indignation.
And having utterly worthless rewards doesn’t help either. Pfft its still cof farming. Which I never will do. I will never touch cof just for the sake of maintaining some self respect.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Something like Shadow Hunter would be fine.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: woomera.9841

woomera.9841

Good luck everyone. Fantastic achievement!

Hope this helps any fellow guardians out there.

GW2 Guardian PoV – Light Up The Darkness [Liadri the Concealing Dark Achievement] :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCpMhc9Hb-8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUPQ_XrEdTXvcYonQ8ys5oRw

[DYE] Guild Leader & Commander Gandara EU
W Oo M Era Fo Sho // Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/user/DyeGW2

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

“The Terror that Flaps in the Night”.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eurafrica.9307

Eurafrica.9307

This should definitely have a title associated with it, and be awarded retroactively. I’m not a thief and DO NOT want to get this achievement again.

*Retroactive title for Light Up the Darkness, this achievement is entirely too hard to not have some kind of prestigious/unique reward associated with it (20 AP not enough).

Title: “Lit Up the Darkness”

(edited by Eurafrica.9307)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

Would be great to see a title for killing Liadri We’ve got a mini-pet, but IMO title is good reward too.

We had a titles to gain from a really easy things, so why dont create one, to get from a boss, whos so hard to kill

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

The title could be ‘Overcame the camera, floor, lag and bugs’.

+1

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chesed.2890

Chesed.2890

Yes, retroactive title for this achievement please…..

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I was surprised FOTM achievement page didn’t have a title after full completion like Dungeon Master.

and to add would love to see titles for your order Whisper, priory, and Vigil.

JQ Druid

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Is it possible perhaps in the future when it becomes an activity on rotation to have the fight not take place in the domes with wire floor? Not having the camera zoom in on our backs when obstructed by the glass dome and having a solid floor for the aoe circles would improve my enjoyment of the gauntlet a ton.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

+1 at retro-active title for this specific achievement

I mean c’mon, how could there be oversight on a title for THE HARDEST SOLO CONTENT ACHIEVEMENT in the game? There’s a title for almost everything, I’m still surprised there isn’t one for this.

People aren’t asking for a special skin, or special item for being able to do this achievement. Just a title.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

Fine if not for this achievement, there should atleast be on for completing all the gauntlet achievements.

Something like Champion of the Gauntlet

(edited by koolmutt.9827)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

How about Anet gives us a proper instanced, enter when ever you like, no ress needed, bug free, camera issues free, throw while moving, lag free activity instead of a title.

I’m pretty sure more than handful of people would beaten her without trouble if whole guntlet was properly designed.

Cheers!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

+1 for “Lightbringer”

Please Anet! The feeling of finally completing this achievement after 30 hours of pain and frustration was very rewarding in itself, but I would love to have a title to go along with it. If nothing else, it will remind me of the most rewarding moment I have ever had in this game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Auesis.7301

I doubt Lightbringer would be it, considering that’s a rank in the Order of Whispers.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I doubt Lightbringer would be it, considering that’s a rank in the Order of Whispers.

actually true but from a gw1 view: actually all Players where able to get a lightbringer title…

In Terms of Story line see it as a rewarded title for of the order of whsipers for those who have brought light into the affair with this Boss.

In Story Terms: The order of whisper was intrested in who this creature actually was, and hence was searching for a hero who was able to enlight her→ since there are some misterious roumors nobody of us will ever know about her so you we’re a hero for the order of whisper that you could actually do this→ so you got the title lightbringer → it was a reward for extraordinary Thing you did.

I just love to see the title from gw1;)

first scale 81 fractals