Love spending hours...

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

… trying to kill a boss, only to watch someone of a certain other class fight that same boss, and without needing to do anything fancy beyond simply wailing away and teleporting to him- kill him in fifteen seconds effortlessly.

I don’t mind difficult- but why is it so challenging to fight these bosses on some characters, while some classes are able to breeze through without even trying? Every single fight caters to single target glass canon- there’s no place for bunkers, healing, or aoe when every fight is one target at a time, and the gimmick is always OHKOs. Even the pirates, the one fight where it looked like aoe might help- nope, they restore health when one dies.

Again- difficulty isn’t a bad thing. But as is, you have some classes struggling to merely beat bosses, much less get achievements, while others are filling up gambits and managing to crush effortlessly third tier bosses. If anything- this event has proven beyond any doubt how grossly unbalanced this game is.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I’m assuming you are talking about Deadeye. The people you seeing “blazing through and killing him effortlessly” have developed builds and strategy that focus on killing him as quickly as possible. They are farming him. If they do any other boss they will die.

All professions can defeat Deadeye though some can do it faster. You simply don’t have the right build.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

I love not being able to tell what your topic is by the topic line and having to open the thread to see what it’s a complaint about.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

noticed that too, huh?
the ringmasters of this game couldn’t balance their way out of a paper bag
this has been apparent for quite awhile now, they’ll be in that bag for a very.. very
long time

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

What build are you using on what class? That could help people contribute to this topic by weighing in more accurately.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you can wear berserker on any class. So it’s not the class.

I’m pretty sure any class can do any boss easily “except liadri”.

I have 8 level80. I’m sure I can do every boss easily on any class except the last boss.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

The fact you can even berserk them is a dumb whether its one class or all classes.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

The whole berserker vs toughness gear is a weird topic.

People think berserker gear is dumb, but on the other hand you are suppose to avoid damage. So why are you standing still not avoiding hit or dodging.

Isn’t using movement or dodge or resource mechanic to avoid damage a better assesment of skill?

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

i did the entire gauntlet on a guardian in Knights gear, Chomper & Strugar gave me the most trouble, the dog being immune to immobilize on a class with almost no cripple was pretty rough.

i also farm Deadeye often on my thief, this is one aspect arenanet did right, they made the Gauntlet tied to your account not your character so if your struggling on a particular encounter with one class you can play another which is what i did when i went for the more interesting achievements involving gambits.

the gauntlet actually brings me back to gw1 days, using a build specifically designed for an encounter be it raptor farming or what have you, the good old days of 55monks and such.

the real issue with the gauntlet is that it gives you way way way more gold than anything else ingame, it is however temporary.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

… trying to kill a boss, only to watch someone of a certain other class fight that same boss, and without needing to do anything fancy beyond simply wailing away and teleporting to him- kill him in fifteen seconds effortlessly.

Again- difficulty isn’t a bad thing. But as is, you have some classes struggling to merely beat bosses, much less get achievements, while others are filling up gambits and managing to crush effortlessly third tier bosses. If anything- this event has proven beyond any doubt how grossly unbalanced this game is.

Every single class can beat every single boss. Why do people act like there is only one build in the game for their class and getting different armor/traits/skills is just completely unfathomable? PvE has always been about zerker gear and burning down bosses as quickly as possible. This is not new.

Edit: This coming from the person who beat all T2-3 bosses with a condi build. Learn your class/build, learn what you can’t and can do. Adapt.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Why doesn’t the build that i’ve been using since level 65 work?

This game is so unbalanced.

Love spending hours...

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

From what I’ve seen every class will struggle with at least some of the enemies and then breeze through others, but which ones those are will vary depending on the class.

For example I found all of tier 1 very easy on a condition ranger. I didn’t even remember fighting Windcaller Kieldia and assumed she must be a third tier boss from the way people were talking about how hard she is. Same with Masticus in tier 2.

But then I got stuck on Salazan, which other people (necros especially it seems) found incredibly easy.

I think the only one who is consistently difficult is Liadri, and a lot of that timing and keeping track of where the Visions are, which isn’t anything to do with your profession.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”