More Colorblind Consideration, Please!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tauhx.2504

Tauhx.2504

Hi Forums, I’m Colorblind,

And, in addition to other troubles in GW2, it makes it very difficult to see AoEs — especially in the Queens Gauntlet; my experience is very near playing without AoE indication at all, making Liadri’s death-storm AoEs insanely challenging.

I understand that colorblindness is something Anet has addressed in the past, and giving movement to the AoE indicators was tremendously helpful in many situations (Cliffside first fight is a big one for me). Nonetheless, it is still a large obstacle for colorblind peoples.

Without expecting a speedy solution, I would recommend 2 things:
1) Allow for players to choose what color AoE indicators are. While I personally have intensity deficits in red (80% loss) and green (65% loss), I have heightened intensities for blues and yellows — both at almost 200% intensity. Being able to select those colors as an alternative might be very helpful.

2) If in designing new content, there are to be AoEs atop green/gray surfaces or surfaces that otherwise might not provide best visibility, have your play testers complete the content with AoE indicators disabled. This will give the developers better feedback as to what the challenge might be like for colorblind players.

Anyway, that’s just my 2 cents. I’m gonna keep trying at Liadri, but speaking honestly, I can only get to phase 2 because I’ve memorized the first bit of the drop pattern, and I know darkness doesn’t befall the same region twice in a row. It’s poopy and slow, but it’s the best I’ve got right now (and I’m totally open for suggestion).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hevosin.9187

Hevosin.9187

Im not color blind, but that would still be cool to be able to set AOE circle colors. and on top of that, being about to change healing and dmg colors would be nice as well.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

The AoE indicators in the arenas are actually a problem for people with normal sight, so I can only imagine how much worse it must be for the colorblind.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bizarro.2901

Bizarro.2901

As a colorblind myself I approve this request!

I’m always dodging the green circles… if I fight next to a necro or guardian I must seem like a really dumb guy lol

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Monkus.7453

Monkus.7453

Anet please make them like black vortexes on the ground instead of near invisible circles. I can’t even see them good enough when im looking for them and its the only kitten thing thats killing me all the time, because i have to watch out for 29382938298 million other things. Also you make one of the hardest bosses in your game and you put it in a little box where your camera is your greatest enemy.

(edited by Monkus.7453)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fancia.3746

Fancia.3746

And, in addition to other troubles in GW2, it makes it very difficult to see AoEs — especially in the Queens Gauntlet; my experience is very near playing without AoE indication at all, making Liadri’s death-storm AoEs insanely challenging.

I understand that colorblindness is something Anet has addressed in the past, and giving movement to the AoE indicators was tremendously helpful in many situations (Cliffside first fight is a big one for me). Nonetheless, it is still a large obstacle for colorblind peoples.

1) Allow for players to choose what color AoE indicators are. While I personally have intensity deficits in red (80% loss) and green (65% loss), I have heightened intensities for blues and yellows — both at almost 200% intensity. Being able to select those colors as an alternative might be very helpful.

2) If in designing new content, there are to be AoEs atop green/gray surfaces or surfaces that otherwise might not provide best visibility, have your play testers complete the content with AoE indicators disabled. This will give the developers better feedback as to what the challenge might be like for colorblind players.

Anyway, that’s just my 2 cents. I’m gonna keep trying at Liadri, but speaking honestly, I can only get to phase 2 because I’ve memorized the first bit of the drop pattern, and I know darkness doesn’t befall the same region twice in a row. It’s poopy and slow, but it’s the best I’ve got right now (and I’m totally open for suggestion).

Your writing seems strange when referring to colorblindness… Colorblindness doesnt really work the way you describe it as. Im protonopic (as in cannot see red AT ALL), but have no problem seeing the AoE indicators… Because being colorblind doesnt mean those colors just disappear into nothing, even if you’re completely blind to those colors, they’re still visible, but they are the same colors as other things, such as what others refer to as red, is to me, very close to gray with just a hint of brown… Those intrested can use http://colorfilter.wickline.org/ and find out exactly how webpages look like to those of us with color blindness… But anyway, it’s just a matter of me seeing a gray ring, rather than a red ring… And that gray ring is not of any hue that’s otherwise in the game…

I object to special color blind modes and such because IMO it’s like treating us as cripples… Im a perfectly working human being and have no problem doing any task that anyone else can do, so please dont treat me as someone that cant…

in Queen's Jubilee

Tauhx.2504

When I suggested that it’s similar playing without AoEs, I wasn’t literally saying they were invisible; I meant, much like you stated, that they blend in very well with the floor making them quite difficult to see by lack of contrast. Even if (in your particular case) the hue of that gray ring stands out, it isn’t necessarily going to behave that way for all forms of colorblindness. I made the secondary recommendation on the basis that it might give insight to developers what people with more extreme forms of the disadvantage (like using endpoints to guess a midpoint).

Further, colorblindness is a handicap and being prideful about it won’t change that. Toughing-it-out may be a working solution, but I rarely see it as the “best” solution. If you feel you need to prove that you can operate as well as someone without colorblindness, that’s fine, you don’t have to use any aid: many colorblind modes in games are toggle-able, and my primary suggest would support that feature, but I do imagine a fair number of colorblind players (myself included) would appreciate some simple tools to subvert the handicap.

In an incidentally fitting way, it’s almost like a gambit for the gauntlet — but not one we have the option to deselect.

EDIT: Whoops, somehow my quote was disconnected from my post. I’m responding to Fancia. :P

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I can agree with Color Blind settings, it’s something that MANY games and not just GW2 need to do.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ClanAncaria.7310

ClanAncaria.7310

+1 on the ability to change the colors of all types of aoe circles. The colors and non-solid pattern of the flooring that was chosen is what’s blending in the (very) dull red circles to the floor and causing issues for those of us colorblind in Red. Considering this has been a heavily requested feature since beta, I don’t even know why we’re still discussing this…

In the short term, if it were possible to zoom the view out further, perhaps we could actually see the clouds above and attempt to predict where the ground target boundaries actually are in hopes of getting through this last stage before the content gets pulled.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER THIS.

+1000000

The only reason i can’t finish the gauntlet is because im colorblind, and can’t see the circles at the last boss!

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

in Queen's Jubilee

Silver.9084

Your writing seems strange when referring to colorblindness… Colorblindness doesnt really work the way you describe it as. Im protonopic (as in cannot see red AT ALL), but have no problem seeing the AoE indicators… Because being colorblind doesnt mean those colors just disappear into nothing, even if you’re completely blind to those colors, they’re still visible, but they are the same colors as other things, such as what others refer to as red, is to me, very close to gray with just a hint of brown… Those intrested can use http://colorfilter.wickline.org/ and find out exactly how webpages look like to those of us with color blindness… But anyway, it’s just a matter of me seeing a gray ring, rather than a red ring… And that gray ring is not of any hue that’s otherwise in the game…

I object to special color blind modes and such because IMO it’s like treating us as cripples… Im a perfectly working human being and have no problem doing any task that anyone else can do, so please dont treat me as someone that cant…

“Im a perfectly working human being and have no problem doing any task that anyone else can do” That maybe right for you, but i have just CAN’T see the red circles if theyre on brown/green floor unless i REALLY REALLY concentrate, which sets me back really behind.

If you don’t want to use colorblind mode… DON’T TURN IT ON.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Passe.9387

Passe.9387

Same here impossible to do

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

+1 all the way.

As a colorblind ranger every new living story update has brought new levels of frustration to the game because stupid 1HKO mechanics that are nearly impossible for me to telegraph and also completely nullifies my class mechanic.

But even despite these I managed to beat Liandri last night. Mostly by sheer luck on avoiding the P1 AoEs and the first few AoEs of the second phase.

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

When I suggested that it’s similar playing without AoEs, I wasn’t literally saying they were invisible; I meant, much like you stated, that they blend in very well with the floor making them quite difficult to see by lack of contrast. Even if (in your particular case) the hue of that gray ring stands out, it isn’t necessarily going to behave that way for all forms of colorblindness. I made the secondary recommendation on the basis that it might give insight to developers what people with more extreme forms of the disadvantage (like using endpoints to guess a midpoint).

Further, colorblindness is a handicap and being prideful about it won’t change that. Toughing-it-out may be a working solution, but I rarely see it as the “best” solution. If you feel you need to prove that you can operate as well as someone without colorblindness, that’s fine, you don’t have to use any aid: many colorblind modes in games are toggle-able, and my primary suggest would support that feature, but I do imagine a fair number of colorblind players (myself included) would appreciate some simple tools to subvert the handicap.

In an incidentally fitting way, it’s almost like a gambit for the gauntlet — but not one we have the option to deselect.

EDIT: Whoops, somehow my quote was disconnected from my post. I’m responding to Fancia. :P

It’s only a handicap because people MAKE it a handicap… THAT is what Im against… It’s not about being prideful, toughing it out or a need to prove that I can… It’s about me, along with A LOT of colorblind people, dont want to be seen as handicapped and colorblind modes, simply feed that view from the rest of society. It’s even the official standpoint of most of the local, as well as the regionwide (dont know the correct word in english I think) associations, that they dont want to see colorblindness to be seen as any more of a handicap than say having brown hair is… Turning the mode off, doesnt solve the actual issue that I have a problem with such modes, since my gripe is that others view me, based on that mode even existing… Im all for the ability to change colors on the rings… Im against basing it on colorblindness or having it as a colorblind mode, or it being a toggle between say red and blue…

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

“Im a perfectly working human being and have no problem doing any task that anyone else can do” That maybe right for you, but i have just CAN’T see the red circles if theyre on brown/green floor unless i REALLY REALLY concentrate, which sets me back really behind.

If you don’t want to use colorblind mode… DON’T TURN IT ON.

I cant turn off the perception from society that Im handicapped… A perception that is being enforced by measures like having colorblind modes…

in Queen's Jubilee

Tauhx.2504

Fancia,

I believe the disagreement we’re having (like many disagreements) is semantic. When I define colorblindness as a handicap, I am supposing that for some portion of colorblind peoples, the AoE rings are significantly more difficult to see than they would be for non-colorblind peoples. This creates a disadvantage unique to that set of people and thus a handicap. While I have based my position from the standpoint that of that definition, you are hung up on the implications of perceived weakness sometimes associated with handicaps.

Unfortunately, overemphasizing societal stigmas of handicaps to the extent of denying the existence of clearly observable, mechanical disadvantages is not helpful to the colorblind community. Being disadvantaged is not inherently bad, it just means there’s an extra obstacle on the route to obtaining a goal, and carrying on as if that obstacle doesn’t exist perpetuates the disadvantage and validates the stigma by ignoring simple solutions to potentially significant struggles.

E.g. colorblind people taking significantly longer to complete Liadri because they cannot see the AoE indicators is evidence that there is an issue unique to colorblind persons, and that they are less capable of that task. It’s not necessarily an issue of willpower, determination, or skill — they simply can’t see the critical indicators, so they fail. Alternatively, simple UI tools that could make those rings more visible, thus bringing colorblind persons of otherwise equal skill to a completion rate on par with non-colorblind persons and thereby demonstrate (to society) that colorblind peoples are not disadvantaged for that task.

Anyway, at least we can agree that changing indicator colors would (minimally) be a neat feature for colorblind and non-colorblind alike.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

i approve of this. you cant ignore that these players are around , its not making the game any easier for them then anyone else if adjustments are made for this. and no im not colorblind , ive said this ingame with one of my rants and ill say it here , i dont disregard that there are ppl with issues that try to play the gam,e and enjoy it , consideration should be taken for them as well , have options put in to make it work for them as well as it does for ppl that arent colorblind.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Thank you Fancia for making the thread awful.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Silver.9084

Gauntlet is unplayable for me because im colorblind Fancia!!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

+1 from me and I’m not colorblind either., but I will always support content that lets everyone play on equal footing and shows that gaming companies aren’t ignorant of the needs of their fanbase or are too quick to exclude others based on easily remedied issues like this. If we can toggle gamma all day, slide volumes and switch languages written and spoken, I’m all for people being able to change enemy AOE ring colors.

I understand where Fancia is coming from, but colorblindness covers a range of hue interpretation issues, and whether anyone feels it’s a handicap or not, I feel like it’s a huge issue if someone can’t advance in the game as easily as I can because of designer choices and lack of forethought.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I’m pretty sure at least one of the members of the development team is colorblind, but maybe he wasn’t on the team that developed the jubilee.

I think the OP’s suggestion about being able to assign the color indicators is a simple solution, though, and I certainly support it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

I fully support this idea, though I’m not colorblind. There is an incredibly nice person in my guild who is colorblind, and week after week he struggles with guild missions (particularly rushes and puzzles) because of the AOE indicators. It breaks my heart when I hear him in vent trying in vain to complete the events — and more often than not — withdrawing from participation. We go so far as to use an escorting player as a “seeing eye dog” to help him with the rushes and puzzles, but that’s not a real (or dignified) solution.

+1 to this suggestion.

(edited by Berner.7289)

in Queen's Jubilee

Fancia.3746

Fancia,

I believe the disagreement we’re having (like many disagreements) is semantic. When I define colorblindness as a handicap, I am supposing that for some portion of colorblind peoples, the AoE rings are significantly more difficult to see than they would be for non-colorblind peoples. This creates a disadvantage unique to that set of people and thus a handicap. While I have based my position from the standpoint that of that definition, you are hung up on the implications of perceived weakness sometimes associated with handicaps.

Unfortunately, overemphasizing societal stigmas of handicaps to the extent of denying the existence of clearly observable, mechanical disadvantages is not helpful to the colorblind community. Being disadvantaged is not inherently bad, it just means there’s an extra obstacle on the route to obtaining a goal, and carrying on as if that obstacle doesn’t exist perpetuates the disadvantage and validates the stigma by ignoring simple solutions to potentially significant struggles.

E.g. colorblind people taking significantly longer to complete Liadri because they cannot see the AoE indicators is evidence that there is an issue unique to colorblind persons, and that they are less capable of that task. It’s not necessarily an issue of willpower, determination, or skill — they simply can’t see the critical indicators, so they fail. Alternatively, simple UI tools that could make those rings more visible, thus bringing colorblind persons of otherwise equal skill to a completion rate on par with non-colorblind persons and thereby demonstrate (to society) that colorblind peoples are not disadvantaged for that task.

Anyway, at least we can agree that changing indicator colors would (minimally) be a neat feature for colorblind and non-colorblind alike.

No it’s not semantics… The rings are not more difficult to see… They’re just as visible to me as they are for anyone else, they’re just a diffrent color as it is… Im not denying the existance of colorblindness… Im saying that some people are making it into a disadvantage, and in other cases, claiming it to be a problem so that they can get some advantage, rather than play fair… Im for the ability to change color of the AoE circles… But then it should be for EVERYONE and have nothing to do with colorblindness… There’s sadly several games in the history where the competative scene all started claiming colorblindness because the colorblind modes was advantages compared to default…

So dont missunderstand me… What Im against is selective treatment, not the changing of color…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TOMI.7248

TOMI.7248

Same for me in WvW, I dont know if its a heal or aoe :/

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DocJDMD.5307

DocJDMD.5307

Sigh….. from myself and my fellow blue-eyed colorblind brothers out there

Thanks Anet for making me feel completely helpless attempting Liadri

Seriously, what the kitten were the graphic designers thinking putting thin red circles on top a see through cage, with greens under it??? A solid surface, would help a ton

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Fancia,

No it’s not semantics… The rings are not more difficult to see… They’re just as visible to me as they are for anyone else, they’re just a diffrent color as it is… Im not denying the existance of colorblindness… Im saying that some people are making it into a disadvantage, and in other cases, claiming it to be a problem so that they can get some advantage, rather than play fair… Im for the ability to change color of the AoE circles… But then it should be for EVERYONE and have nothing to do with colorblindness… There’s sadly several games in the history where the competative scene all started claiming colorblindness because the colorblind modes was advantages compared to default…

So dont missunderstand me… What Im against is selective treatment, not the changing of color…

I’m sorry to say Fancia but you’re wrong. You make the sweeping statement and say that the rings aren’t harder to see, as if you’re speaking for all colourblind people. You’re colourblind, but can still see them easily, good for you, meanwhile there are plenty of people who find it near-impossible to see them without concentrating hard, and some who just can’t see them at all; pretending those people don’t exist is an incredibly hurtful thing to do, you know?

I find it incredibly difficult to see them and so I usually get hit by a lot of AoE in this game, and I would really like them to either make the red rings a lot thicker, or let you toggle the colour. Also, it’s not ‘special treatment’ because every player would have the option to use it, like most colourblind modes in games.

And finally, colourblindness -is- a handicap. By definition we can’t see colour as well as a ‘normal’ person, and so we -do- struggle with certain things, at least to a certain extent. Now if you have a hang-up with society thinking of people with handicaps in a negative light, then that’s society’s fault, and -not- game developers choosing to add a helpful option to help colourblind people play at the same level as non-colourblind people

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

While my daltonism still lets me spot the circles, I have a lot of trouble identifying which circles will benefit me and which ones will kill me in many situations, so I’m 100% in for a “select colors for each circle” feature.

@Fancia, I don’t think we’re crippled (in fact, daltonism is just a different way to see colors, and while we see less from X, we see more from Y, we’re the “different ones” because we’re less, if we were more they would be the “handicaped ones” and while it has negative aspects in specific things from everyday life, there are some advantages like being inmune to typical camouflages and daltonics have been used in wars for that purposse for example), but it is true that as we are the minority, there are many color related things that don’t take in consideration how we will see them and it could cause some problems (I remember another game where I had to hit blue things and avoid purple ones and I simply couldn’t know which ones I should avoid, then for example in real life we can’t be pilots because someone decided to use a universal color scheme for signals that we can’t use).

I’m not sure how your specific case of not seeing a full color entirely works or if it is related to daltonism, but I think if there is something that may handicap us in one way or another (in this case because it has been made taking in consideration the most commonly seen color spectrum in society) against other players, and there is a way to solve it and benefit everyone without damaging anyone, why not getting it? Why opposing it with such a passion? I won’t feel insulted getting this feature, I’ve never felt crippled, I know it isn’t even something bad, just something working differently which causes some specific problems as society sees differently, but that’s all, at the end I see as much as them, only differently. If there is something that can help me, I will be all in for that.

If you can accept that, you shouldn’t feel insulted by someone helping you because they didn’t take your case in consideration in the first place (is a vegetarian insulted by someone adding some vegetables to their initially only meat based menu? I know vegetarians chose to be that way, but I think you can get the point and some of them are basically psychically blocked to consume meat in fact), there is no insult or someone looking down to you like you’re inferior on that, and if you really think that way I’m sorry but it’s possible you might have some serious self-steem issues (and I don’t meant this as a personal attack, feeling like others think they’re superior to you just because they’re helping you I think is considered a symptom for this). I even feel superior to others in some ways (being inmune to most camouflages is really cool!)

I remember during Canach’s fight that if I wasn’t directly looking to the mines to see the color changing, I would have a really hard time knowing which mines were deactivated and which ones were ready and I would’ve loved some feature to change their colors. In fact, back then I started a daltonism thread about that instance.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

I’m in support of this. I want to make AOE indicators be pink, BRIGHT PINK.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

Fancia,

and exactly how would it give them any more advantage anyone else couldnt have? your logic is failed here at that point.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

What.

I get the feeling – and maybe this is just me, but it seems fairly logical – that if they added an option to change the colours of AOE indicators and whatnot, most likely, it wouldn’t ask for medical proof you were colour-blind before letting you access said settings, nor to sign a contract to that effect, or whatever else. I mean, you know, probably.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grafskopa.9140

Grafskopa.9140

It’s so easy to change – anet SHOULD make this a changable option as soon as possible.
Giving everyone the same, or as close as the same chances of enjoying the game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

I’m not colorblind but I have a hard time seeing the circles. I don’t know what can be done, but something needs to be done. (Personally, I’d take away the blurry effect that circles have. Make them bigger, more solid.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lazaar.8640

Lazaar.8640

Yes please, I can’t see kitten in the cage!

in Queen's Jubilee

Lokheit.7943

Today I had time in the middle of projects to play a bit more and advance to Liadri and definitely THIS IS A MUST.

And personally I think being able to select the display colors of areas would be welcomed by more than us the daltonics. Everybody wins!

When I die, it’s because I was in the middle of the areas and I didn’t see them, I only see them when I’m downed as the angle rotates and I can see the moving bits. Dodging everything else isn’t that hard, but I can’t see where the areas are.

I’m forced to basically keep dodging with my Thief shortbow because I can’t pay attention to my surroundings AND the ground (and even when I pay atention to the ground most times I still get caught in the middle).

So I will keep trying until I manage to take 3 orbs with luck in my favor making me not being where the areas are so I don’t need to dodge them :S

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

There’s always gotta be that one person who tries to turn it into a weird racial thing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

I hope this thread has not been derailed too much.

I am color deficient and that is not the same as being color blind. It means I can not discern the color of the floor from the red circle because they meld. It is a huge problem for Liadri because the floor is a color for me that melds into the circle. I use to not have any problems seeing red circles, when they were crisp solid red. When they did the color blind update I started having problems due to colors not being solid anymore on circles, I got used to it but the textures in Liadri are terrible for me. I am sure I will beat the boss somehow at an increased difficulty compared to most people who play GW2 but i find it rather unfair that I must work extra hard because of bad design.

This is not QQ we do not want Liadri nerfed, we just want to have customization options that allow us to play the game in the intended manner. I would wager the amount of work needed to fix the game is trivial if Anet really wanted to fix it. Just add in string of code and menu options to change circle (its almost as easy as reskin mobs lol maybe even easier) colors or revert old system. Or maybe just not make ground textures that are known to cause problems for people, but the two suggestions before seem better.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lokheit.7943

When they did the color blind update I started having problems due to colors not being solid anymore on circles, I got used to it but the textures in Liadri are terrible for me.

I didn’t know they did a colorblind update? If they did it didn’t solve much, I’m daltonic and I haven’t seen any difference from the start of the game.

This is not QQ we do not want Liadri nerfed, we just want to have customization options that allow us to play the game in the intended manner.

This is the point. And not just Liadri, there has been other content before (like Canach mines). Normally we can just try our luck until it’s done, but when it’s challenging content, added to temporal content and then we add dificulty because of not seeing the areas well…

The suggested feature to personalize the color of each area is perfect as everyone will be able to adapt them to how they see things better.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’m not colorblind and I find the red circles difficult to see. Not only does the texture of the grated floor break up the consistency of the circle outlines too much, but red is not a particularly easy color to distinguish in there in the first place. Since, again, the flooring is grated the color of it is always changing based on what area you’re above among other things.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I’m not colorblind and I find the red circles difficult to see. Not only does the texture of the grated floor break up the consistency of the circle outlines too much, but red is not a particularly easy color to distinguish in there in the first place. Since, again, the flooring is grated the color of it is always changing based on what area you’re above among other things.

I too, am not colorblind at all. The red circles are the same intensity as the floor. Also, the floor has too much red/brown/transparent holes in it , thus blending the red circles into it even further. I found seeing the AOE not to be impossible, but definitely harder than any other PvE red rings I have come accross.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

I was happy when Anet added the squiggly lines ( they worked okay on solid ground) but in the gauntlet they are just hard to see. Another option would be nice.

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I am colorblind as well, and I need this. Its not just with Liadei (who I managed to beat somehow), its with th entire game. Help us colorblinds out Anet.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

The proper term would be impaired.

Anyway, please add this Anet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

Would be nice if Anet employee acknowledges the problem, even if they do not plan on doing anything about it. Would be nice if someone from Anet posts “We understand that there is a problem we may not be able to fix Liadri for you but will make considerations for future content.”

I know Anet is reading the forum but acknowledgement by Anet means a lot because that means they will say if they are going to something about, it or not. Instead of staying silent, which means nothing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I’m colourblind too and I still try to figure out a way to change the colours for beating Liadri. I did some tweaking with the AMD vision center but haven’t found a good way to get those circles visible.
It would be really great if Anet could get an option for playing GW2 in colour blind mode. There are so many things in the game which you don’t see if you are colour blind and which are fatal to your gameplay.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc