More content like Liadri needed

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

Absolute blast, finally having some tougher content in the game and a reward for being able to finish it. Wasn’t at all easy, and I really wish a-net would focus more on content like this. By far one of the best patches we’ve had so far (along with halloween update and the fotm introduction).

Please ignore the naysayers, there’s enough easy content to do in the game, and its not mandatory to have to beat her. Playerbase shouldn’t become so spoiled that it automatically feels like it’s their right to be able to finish tougher content on the first day. It’s day one folks, not everyone should be able to finish it immediately.

Again, I hope the devs are paying attention to the feedback; majority of the people I’ve talked to absolutely LOVE having harder content and a sense of achievement when being able to finish it. What’s the fun in content that awards everyone everything at the start? (everyone has dragon wings back, everyone has SAB skins, there’s no value in seeing these items anymore because they were SO easy to get ahold of). If you want GW2 to thrive, you need more carrots at the end of the stick besides just legendaries, so please do have future options open for more content that is actually tough for once.

Big thanks from me and my guildies btw!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

harder content , yes , stupid ? no , Liadra isnt harder , just stupid. if we see more Liadra im def out of here then. pretty sure just as much ppl as you claim love it wouldnt care for it either.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

Not sure if it’s genuine satisfaction or just one of those “i’ve finished it, therefore we need more of it”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: showtime.9175

showtime.9175

they can do harder content, i would love it!!! but i hate RNG content.

the funniest thing about people writing that endboss is a good boss is that all of them haven’t finished the hardmode!!! (8 crystal achivement) because its nearly impossible because of the RNG.

(edited by showtime.9175)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Not sure if it’s genuine satisfaction or just one of those “i’ve finished it, therefore we need more of it”

Could also be a difficulty troll. Never played the content, but seeing others complaining and so get his jollies by asking for more of the same to tick people off.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

you want “challenging” content , make her a fight that isnt one shot spamming and more so trap avoiding while shes attacking you normally with the occasional 1 shot skill that if you miss you either fall into a trap (and die) or get hit by the one shot , this? all were seeing is mass aoe 1 shotting , theres a diff between the two and trying to avoid the traps and that one big attack is always the more challenging and rewarding feature many games that were great had.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I respectfully disagree. This fight makes Bed of Chaos appear like a well designed fight. They really need to stop relying on cheap one hit kills for difficulty.

And don’t even get me started about how much it favors classes with easy access to stability. It’s like they don’t even care about balance anymore.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

love the fight – need more – thx for it

@poster before

you dont need stability for this fight – i killed it with my engi

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Stability is pretty useless, what you need is 50 ways to remove Cripple.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Fix camera, make indicators not be in ground, remove epilepsy/stroke attack (make it just a blind on character not actually blind the person playing!) and i agree 100%.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Queen's Jubilee

koolmutt.9827

Guys I really am not trying to sound elitist or anything, but it’s a very fair boss. I know everyone has a different perceptions of what is fair and what isn’t, but can we all agree that it’s a step in the right direction to finally introduce some non-faceroll content? I would love things like the camera angles and blinding colors attack to be polished up for everyone, but it was just refreshing for once to have to fail at content continuously and working towards learning the fight completely until it could finally be finished.

I agree with alot of what you guys are saying, but even with some of it’s problems it’s still one of the better content implementations that we’ve had in a while.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Anyone get the 8 lights achieve?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Flaming.1763

Flaming.1763

it ist hard, nearly got her today, some weeks to do it^^

but i can understand that for some people/classes its harder.

I want that mini, so i will move on and experiencing 1000 Deaths.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I killed the boss and thought it was a pretty alright fight.

I definitely think more content like this should be added. Something to work for, that takes a lot of tries and error.

I also believe that ArenaNet must stop with a lot of these one-shot abilities. Sure, it’s fine to have it on some mobs, and bosses, but everything so far seems to have a one-shot ability to just finish you off instantly.

What I also think that sucks is that the arena itself is in the air, and to see something like, AoE rings, you need to look down to see the border of the AoE ring on that really weird tile floor, they are really hard to spot.

And to follow that up, looking down while people are having zerg fest rushes makes your FPS drop like hell on some computers.

It took me around 15 – 19 tries before I managed to kill her.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Guys I really am not trying to sound elitist or anything, but it’s a very fair boss. I know everyone has a different perceptions of what is fair and what isn’t, but can we all agree that it’s a step in the right direction to finally introduce some non-faceroll content? I would love things like the camera angles and blinding colors attack to be polished up for everyone, but it was just refreshing for once to have to fail at content continuously and working towards learning the fight completely until it could finally be finished.

I agree with alot of what you guys are saying, but even with some of it’s problems it’s still one of the better content implementations that we’ve had in a while.

The fight blatantly favors certain classes over others and is exceedingly poorly tuned overall. Cheap one hit kill mechanics, circles that blend into the floor and a shoddy camera are definitely not things I want to see more of in this game. They need to look at what made Guild Wars challenging and learn from that because this is terrible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

No thanks a step under liara sure but im not gonna want to retry something well im at 70+ now times just to fail over and over and not learn anything from it not getting any further. A step down from Liara would be great having a fight that’s challenging but not about a orb across the room that you can’t get to due to cripple+minions in your way+a constant full room aoe you have to avoid that then pulls you into the AoE meaning you fail because you just happen to be in the wrong spot out of the 2 they offer on each AoE. Also if you can’t remove every cripple you will eventually run out of endurance and not be able to dodge out of the many things you need to dodge. I want stuff more like ornstein and smough from dark souls were it’s challenging and rewarding not something like the bed of chaos were it’s somewhat skill based but mostly about how lucky you can get in certain situations.

Plus watching a guardian just run around in circles doing her sword aoe and win on leidri means this content is just like all content extremely hard for some classes a lot easier for others. I’m not joking about this either i know it’s just words but she used her chain pull on minions in p1 and then in P2 ran away from the boss and would just use her sword AoE whenever off cooldown and smacking her if she was ever within melee range and won after 5ish tries. Wish i could attack her my back turned would make this fight so much easier.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Guys I really am not trying to sound elitist or anything, but it’s a very fair boss. I know everyone has a different perceptions of what is fair and what isn’t, but can we all agree that it’s a step in the right direction to finally introduce some non-faceroll content?

Did you beat her on a necromancer?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Queen's Jubilee

koolmutt.9827

no, how’s that relevant though? are they blatantly more favored? I haven’t tried it on necro yet personally

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This event is awesome, they split the harder content from the easier one in terms of AP. Now the people who want casual can just do jubilee and if you want to challenge yourself you do the Gauntlet.

The final boss took me around 15 tries and while I raged initially, I took my licks, learned the fight and won. I am on a necro so you dont need block/dodge spam to do it.

Some of the challenge missions are brutal actually, way worse than Liandri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

I love it, one shotting means you cant fail, and i love it that way (and that it happens often). Also she do normal atacks.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Not just Liadri. All of the bosses had unique, interesting, and fun mechanics. I’m kind of sad they wasted all of it on this instead of revamping the bosses in the dungeons to be engaging. Here’s hoping for the future, though, I guess.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

I love it, one shotting means you cant fail, and i love it that way (and that it happens often). Also she do normal atacks.

One shot also means your build is unimportant. Why run something like toughness/vitality/condition damage if you are going to die regardless? It’s all zerk or nothing (also there’s the timer, to screw condition specs even more).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

One shot also means your build is unimportant. Why run something like toughness/vitality/condition damage if you are going to die regardless? It’s all zerk or nothing (also there’s the timer, to screw condition specs even more).

It helps ease the pressure of the damage she deals in Phase 2. Unless you are very skilled at dodging, she will land some hits on you when she uses her charge and if you’re made of glass it will be much more punishing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

I wouldn’t mind it so much if it wouldn’t bug. Sometimes I can’t pick up the orb, and seeing the red circles is difficult. I’ve gotten her to like 15% three times, and failed. >_< I guess I’ll have to try again tomorrow.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Because she also do normal atacks.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Actually, the extra vitality and toughness from my gear helped keep me all clean and shiny during Phase 1, easing some pressure from Phase 2.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

koolmutt.9827

A great idea would be to continue this concept somehow.. this game needs more endgame content and if there was some sort of progression involved with gauntlet, it’d be great and quite addictive for many players. Kind of how like FOTM is a team progression, this could be revamped for solo progression content.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Agree with OP.

Also, we need more "Liadri " like missions with actual party – not just zerging.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Being of differing mind, I find nothing “fun” about Liadri. For me to have fun or having a blast requires humor and interesting story. I’m not of the palm sweat, adrenaline, and rage, suffering gamer mentality. There’s a LOT more of us whom are not of that mindset. We deserve new content too. So please don’t say there’s enough content already. There’s enough OLD content already.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

but can we all agree that it’s a step in the right direction to finally introduce some non-faceroll content?

It’s not really a step in the right direction, more of a step around the right direction.

Make Liadri a boss for group play (scaled up a bit, of course), without very limited zoom capabilities, without a stupid patterned glass floor, without a stressful hidden timer and I might not mind it so much. Having tried it too many times to count though, and always failed in Phase 2, that’s that achievement written off for me. Frustrating does not equal fun, to me anyway.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Being of differing mind, I find nothing “fun” about Liadri. For me to have fun or having a blast requires humor and interesting story. I’m not of the palm sweat, adrenaline, and rage, suffering gamer mentality. There’s a LOT more of us whom are not of that mindset. We deserve new content too. So please don’t say there’s enough content already. There’s enough OLD content already.

There’s the Torch Run mini game outside. No palm sweat required.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: painHV.3968

painHV.3968

+1

Btw, how come there are no unique titles for getting the 8 orb achievement? I mean, when there’re titles like sanctum sprinter around, I would’ve assumed one of the toughest achievements in the game would’ve also warranted it’s own achievement.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Never want content like this in the game again. I just beat her, but that was a harrowing two days. Don’t want to put myself through it again.

Of if you are, then stage it in the heart of the mists without penalties, no armor breakage, and the ability to choose any setup you want.

in Queen's Jubilee

painHV.3968

I don’t understand your logic. If it wasn’t fun for you, why did you continue to do it? It seems like your own fault for putting yourself in such stress.

I play the game to do things I enjoy. I don’t enjoy grinding dungeons, nor JP’s. So I don’t do them.

Simple.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

I don’t understand your logic. If it wasn’t fun for you, why did you continue to do it? It seems like your own fault for putting yourself in such stress.

I play the game to do things I enjoy. I don’t enjoy grinding dungeons, nor JP’s. So I don’t do them.

Simple.

That’s the difference. I play for shinies. Fun may be a factor but only when I get shinies as a reward. Fun is a by product. A side effect. It’s never the prime motivation. At least for me.

I’m like a donkey. I need a carrot in front of me to make me do anything.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Never want content like this in the game again. I just beat her, but that was a harrowing two days. Don’t want to put myself through it again.

Of if you are, then stage it in the heart of the mists without penalties, no armor breakage, and the ability to choose any setup you want.

What, so you can complain about Anet favouring PvPers all of a sudden? No, nay, never.

in Queen's Jubilee

painHV.3968

You just come across as very selfish, wanting content to cater to your ability to get your latest shiny, as opposed to looking at the bigger picture of having a diverse variety of content for all types of players to enjoy.

That’s the difference. I play for shinies. Fun may be a factor but only when I get shinies as a reward. Fun is a by product. A side effect. It’s never the prime motivation. At least for me.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

What, so you can complain about Anet favouring PvPers all of a sudden? No, nay, never.

Wha? How does anyone lose by having it in the heart of the mists. You know all gear and traits are free right?

in Queen's Jubilee

painHV.3968

It’s like wanting to become a doctor and complaining that med school is just too hard, and should be made easier because somehow feeling entitled means everything should come easy to you regardless of your own inadequacies or abilities.

Just a reality check my friend, some things just aren’t for everyone. Simply wanting something isn’t good enough reason to always be able to have it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Aren’t human beings superior to donkeys? I think Liadri was made for human beings, so…

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I haven’t had a chance to log in yet, but if Liadri is as hard as this forum claims she is, then yes I want more of it, this game has too much faceroll content.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Queen's Jubilee

painHV.3968

I haven’t had a chance to log in yet, but if Liadri is as hard as this forum claims she is, then yes I want more of it, this game has too much faceroll content.

But that’s the thing, every day that goes by so many more people complete it. Yes at first it seemed ultra challenging, but after learning the fight it isn’t all that tough. By the end of the 4th week, I feel a good portion of the playerbase will be done with it.

I do wish they had more content like this. Is it really challenging? Yeah. Is it unfair and impossible? Not at all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Wha? How does anyone lose by having it in the heart of the mists. You know all gear and traits are free right?

Yep, I know that.
However heart of the mists is for the PvPing players, since you’d be bringing PvE content in there, we’d suddenly have PvE players there, and since we all know PvE players enjoy finding the most minor concerns and shine the worlds brightest spotlight on them, we’re bound to have someone complain about how positioning the gauntlet in the mists would be favouring PvPers.
Perhaps it’d be because they’re already logged out in there and thus have no additional loading screen?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Yep, I know that.
However heart of the mists is for the PvPing players, since you’d be bringing PvE content in there, we’d suddenly have PvE players there, and since we all know PvE players enjoy finding the most minor concerns and shine the worlds brightest spotlight on them, we’re bound to have someone complain about how positioning the gauntlet in the mists would be favouring PvPers.
Perhaps it’d be because they’re already logged out in there and thus have no additional loading screen?

Idk about you, but being a PvPer who still does PvE content i’d much rather have it in the mists so i can easily adapt to each encounter. The only reason Liadri hasn’t been disposed of yet is because my choice of PvE gear (Magi, AKA i don’t give a kitten and this set looks nice) just flat out doesn’t work against her. Not to mention my only lv 80 is a ranger who is kitten in her fight, and if i could just bust out my mesmer (who i essentially only PvP on) it’d be easy as hell.

Sure you’d have some lifeless kitten holes complaining about “But now you don’t work hard enough!!” or some BS about that because you didn’t either 1) luck out on the gear you needed or 2) didn’t have an insanely large amount of gold just sitting around so you can buy a new set of gear effortlessly.

If Anet is going to make content clearly favoring other professions and requires you to “adapt your build” to each fight it should be in an area where you can actually take advantage of that and not be boned by the flaws of the PVE system.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

the problem with liandri is not the mechanics, but rather her hp, buggy glitches,laggy area and so on. I’ve finished the challenge after 150 tries and god,it was the most painful experience ever. The only joy that came out of that was that I NEVER have to touch her again. I hope in the future they don’t make anymore design like that. Also I completed it as an engineer

in Queen's Jubilee

painHV.3968

All I know is that anet will never be able to please everyone. I was bored out of my mind during molten facility and aetherized living story updates, and finally am enjoying a difficult and fulfilling update for once.

Anet should just continue making diverse content above all else, to cater to all types of players. I wouldn’t mind all their boring updates as long as they put out some amazing content as well (fractals, gauntlet, halloween update, etc)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No. Liadri needs to be thrown away and never brought back.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

No. Liadri needs to be thrown away and never brought back.

If I do not like sPvP, should that content be removed? If I do not enjoy WvW, should that also be removed?

This game has a large variety of players. If you don’t enjoy it, then simply do not do it. No one is forcing you to play something you dislike. Why would you want to deny this content to the audience it was aimed for?

It’s one boss; two achievements. Asking it to be removed because it is not your cup of tea is the very epitome of being self-centered.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

You don’t read, do you? There’s a huge difference there. While those modes have their problems, they aren’t cheap one hit kill gimmicky invulnerability nearly all the time like Liadri.

If I said, “the entire Queen’s Gauntlet needs to be thrown away”, then your comparison to WvW and PvP might work. But it doesn’t, because I specified that particular boss, and gave reasons why.

I guess asking for more garbage bosses like that would be self-centered too, eh?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Oh we definitely need more gimmicky one shot bosses who completely ignore toughness and vitality. Because we all know zerker is the way to go in pve anyways.