Necro vs Gauntlet

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Derina.6584

Derina.6584

Guys are you really serious? I managed to kill that kittened flame asura with necro without ANY invul, but wtf with Dunwell? Deathshots? How the kitten im suposed to do this!

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Timed dodgerolls or even fear works perfectly fine, try doing last boss on 8 orbs though. Just shows how limited mobility wise we actually are.

Vigor isn’t even present anywhere on the necro skill/trait tree

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Derina.6584

Derina.6584

i noticed event mesmers wall, feedback and warden didnt reflect his killshot

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Timed dodgerolls or even fear works perfectly fine, try doing last boss on 8 orbs though. Just shows how limited mobility wise we actually are.

Use 40% extra endurance regen food. Use energy sigils. Use 25% speed on death shroud or do a port kite with spectral walk or bring wurm and preset to port around.

I know it’s a crappy band aid but at least you’re not stuck with a ranger where the majority of encounters means your pet is dead a lot of the time because their brilliant idea of encounter design is a boss that sprays aoe all around him that’s meant to be dodged but your pet doesn’t dodge.

i noticed event mesmers wall, feedback and warden didnt reflect his killshot

The troll in AC does projectile shockwaves that can’t be reflected either.

This game is rather inconsistent and unclear about how mechanics work.

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Stay close. Simple enough. But then you get to last boss… there should be a warning if your a necromancer DELETE. And reroll a kittening guardian… where some kittened passive class ability can even eat the kitten insta kills.

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Guys are you really serious? I managed to kill that kittened flame asura with necro without ANY invul, but wtf with Dunwell? Deathshots? How the kitten im suposed to do this!

Dunwell should be no issue for you, fear him, or teleport to him, you know with those fancy DS skills EVERY necro build has?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Use 40% extra endurance regen food. Use energy sigils. Use 25% speed on death shroud or do a port kite with spectral walk or bring wurm and preset to port around.

isn’t that actually a fail already, if u have to buy items to complete an achievement which should be able to be completed by any profession? ..

Reaper – Anguîsh

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I finally finished it on necro! That is a very rough ending. I use sigils of energy to make it quite a bit easier. You can get it without the food and what not but you kinda gotta get lucky on some level.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The one shot kill mechanics are so lame in this game and show a severe lack of creative talent, or perhaps to be more forgiving, weakness in the combat mechanics of the game overall.

This event is really cool except for these cheesy ‘dodge or be killed’ bosses. It’s the same thing over and over from dungeons now to this when they want something that is a challenge. Is this really all that can be come up with?

What is the point of all the CC, debuffs, and interesting skills in the game, if none of them matter except excessive vigor for dodging and timing your complete damage mitigation skills, of which a class like Necro gets none?

Advertising this game Anet heralded the death of the Holy Trinity system in order to create something much more varied, where each profession can ‘play any role’. Except it never materialized. Bosses that one shot you over and over is worse than the simple Tank and Spank of the Holy Trinity actually. It’s just not interesting or fun. Have to do better.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

It’s funny, but Dunwell’s shot isn’t a 1-hit kill.

I was on my zerker warrior and when he shot me, it did around 16k, but I was still standing~

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Simple solution that all the forum trolls will tell you: Reroll guardian or warrior.

Yes you can do it with endurance regen food, sigils of energy, rejuvenation booster, etc. – but professions that have 100% dodge uptime traited for vigor have an even easier time if they use all those consumables/sigils.

Necromancers have no blocks, no stability, no vigor trait, and it is the only profession with ZERO skills that make you go invulnerable. Useful stunbreakers you could bring are plague signet and possibly power well cast at your feet. But I’m seeing people use useless utilities like flesh wurm just for the teleport.

You can do it on a necro, but you’re going to be buttonmashing a whole lot more than a guardian who can just lolaegis half the attacks.

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amandil.2149

Amandil.2149

I had no problems against the asura as a necromancer… I was just kiting around and spam as much conditions on him as I could (scepter/dagger). Meanwhile I used all spectral skills and deathshroud to survive long enough to see him ticking down from bleeding.
But I have no idea how to beat Liadri as a necromancer… no invulnaribility, very poor stability, no reflection skills, no evades, no endurance traits, no vigor…
I think I reroll Guardian (which has everything besides evade) and maybe try it again later as a necromancer (and see this as a much greater challenge).

(edited by Amandil.2149)

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wegi.4029

Wegi.4029

I Managed to kill all the Bosses with my Necro. Some of the people in this Thread who just whine its impossible should maybe try to be constructive for once, like a few here.
I didn’t even need to change my traits or anything, just the utility skills.

My Necro is a tanky AoE Condition Char for Dungeons.
Traits are 0/30/30/10 with
II / IX / XI in Curses
IV / V / VII in Death Magic
I in Blood Magic
Armor is Rabid Armor and trinkets with Superior Sigils of Undead. Weapons are Scepter/Dagger and Staff.
For Utility the Consume condition as Heal, Flesh Golem as Elite and Spectral wall are allways nice, but it really depends on the enemy.

I’m gonna take a break now, and if someone has spesific questions about the build or special enemys, achievements, just ask away and i and hopefully others try to help.

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

He was giving me problems and making me really frustrated since we don’t have reflects (though I found out from a friend who has a mesmer for a main that reflects don’t work on his killshot anyway.. so, way to go ANet for that I say! ) Since he does more dmg from range, on my successful try, I immediately ran up into his face every time he moved. I may have dodged my way over, I dunno. :P I used burst skills on him (signet of spite, well of suffering, reapers touch.. all to stack vulnerability, then burst with ghastly claws) and use rampager’s armor. I turned on Death Shroud or Spectral armor when running to him (I bet spectral grasp might work as well to close the distance.) Also used flesh golem to knock him over, plus DS fear.

Necro vs Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t understand why necros are having so much trouble in the gauntlet… I found it to be EZ mode on my necro using a pure condition build.

Use flesh golem and learn to dodge roll and keep those bleeds up. That’s really the only strategy I used and I beat every encounter except the last one in 1 try. Last fight is more tricky, took me 10 tries just to figure out I needed to drag those ghosts into the light, then another 10 tries to finally pull it off, but it is doable with necro as well.