New Fellblades?

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

not even bothering to give the fellblade the gw1 animation and then rereleasing it after saying hom rewards were supposed to be special for gw1 players

real kitten move anet

I agree 100%. The animation from Gw1 was incredible. The HoM Fellblade has a dull smoke that flows off of it like a Fiery Dragon Sword.. And this new Fellblade 1h looks like it has a better looking smoke effect. I just hope they at the very least update the HoM Fellblade skin to make the effect better than it is now.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

As someone with HoM rewards, I don’t care. At all.
I wouldn’t care even if they were letting everyone get the straight HoM items themselves and not just reskins.
The need to have something others can’t get is terribly juvenile.

I couldn’t agree more. I have all HoM skins (although, truth be said, the only one I use is the staffx), but I wouldn’t care less if everyone got them. As far as I’m concerned, the more people who have access to skins they like, the better.

Ok that’s great, but why even have HoM in the first place? “Special rewards for only GW1 players!… until we add them into GW2…” what? That makes no sense.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

With these new weapons being added in, can we expect to see existing HoM Fellblades get a visual overhaul? It seems that the image shown with the mesmer dual-wielding 2 of the newer 1h versions shows some new smoke effects off of the sword.

My question to ArenaNet is, do you have plans to update existing ones to update the affect as well? Because the current smoke effect is very plain in comparison to this. Second part of the question, what percent chance do we have of actually seeing the original Fellblade effect from GW1 make its way on to the GW2 counterpart?

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

As someone with HoM rewards, I don’t care. At all.
I wouldn’t care even if they were letting everyone get the straight HoM items themselves and not just reskins.
The need to have something others can’t get is terribly juvenile.

That is a very nice disposition, but this is a horrible game for it. GW is all about needing to have something others don’t have/cant get. Other games have vertical gear progression to display accomplishments. GW has skins and titles.

Since the last day dawned on the kingdom of Ascalon the biggest driving force in PvE was to get those super rare, super unique, super hard to acquire, outrageously expensive things that few others had. You ooh-d and aahh-d over people and they ooh-d and ahh-d over you. You scraped your characters face against every wall in the game for cartographer so you could have that title to display an accomplishment that a majority of players didn’t have.

Promotional minis demanded the highest price because a limited number of them existed in the game and only that many people would ever have them. And when you see someone with one, it was neat.

Juvenile as it might seem, people are proud of their stuff and defensive of its exclusivity because they worked hard for those things in a game where working hard for those things is what you did.

You see it in GW2 already. Whenever it looks like something that players put significant work into is going to get slightly easier for anyone else to get, there is an uproar. Most recently from those that put the hours into WvW for the gift of battle for their legendaries, after achievement rewards practically gave them away to everyone.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

I mean it would make sense to update the current lacking effect to the better new one, right? Am I the only one that thinks this?

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

Probably a 0% chance of any update to the HoM rewards. I’m not against you on this but I highly doubt any of the HoM rewards will ever be updated unless there is some animation or effect that gets glitched.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

Probably a 0% chance of any update to the HoM rewards. I’m not against you on this but I highly doubt any of the HoM rewards will ever be updated unless there is some animation or effect that gets glitched.

Yeah I’m hoping that’s not the case.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

What happened to Fellblades being a unique reward?

As long as the clean version is still only obtainable via gw1, then it’ll remain unique.

but if this one looks better, theres no point to it existing anymore since no one would get them

…it doesn’t, it has horrible purplish runes… the darkened 2h Fellblade is unique in its own regard.

As 40/50 HoM, I don’t mind the HoM skins serving as bases for new skins making it into the game. Are you opposed to Jormag’s Breath (IDS) too because of the Fiery Dragon Sword you get at 10 pts? Same skin, just different looks…

but FDS can also be duel wielded.

HOM Fellblade meanwhile is actually very undersized by most Greatsword standards now and can’t be duel wielded (It used to be one of the LARGEST right next to Sage blades & Sephis)…. plus still no animation on it

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

but FDS can also be duel wielded.

When i first started reading this thread, i had no clue what weapon “FDS” was so my brain immediately turned it into the only thing i’ve ever heard referred to as “FDS” in real life:

Feminine Deodorant Spray

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I’m ok with the new swords having the same model but different skin just as long as they don’t give the new swords the GW1 shadows moving over the blade. Then I would be mad. Cause that smoke around the Fellblade looks so much less cool. <give me back my shadows>

Look for yourself.

• New swords that use the same model as the Fellblade, emphasis on SWORDS and not GREATSWORDS which may be good or bad depending on who you ask and how that person feels about the Fellblade’s transition from GW1 to GW2, some people would have preferred they stayed as one-handed swords in GW2.
  • In-game screenshot of the HoM Fellblade.
  • Concept art of the HoM Fellblade, proudly showing off much more prominent effects than it actually came with.

I for one can’t wait to see them in-game, good to know 50/50 and GWAMM came in handy. Also ArenaNet, go ahead and reskin the armor sets from the HoM. Maybe then the gloves on the light set won’t have nasty holes all over it with your hand clipping through it and the female greatcoat won’t clip with the leggings, fix the mask too and sell the new and improved version for 800 gems or something. Maybe you could grab the Heavenly Bracers, the Baroque Mask, and the Icelord’s Diadem and make them drop in-game without the clipping issues, especially the Icelord’s Diadem lol. Anyone with hair on their head clips with that. Maybe you could grab the Wayward Wand and instead of it being blue.. it could be green :o with red feathers that have a particle effect. How about an exact copy of the Diamond Aegis, but with a golden frame that sparkles and shines as you walk by!

Just saying lol, it’ll help you push content faster every 2 weeks.

Attachments:

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Jovel.5706

Also Jormag’s Breath existed in GW1 as the Icy Dragon Sword. Ofcourse nobody minds that the IDS made it into the game for GW2 players while the more iconic weapon of the prophecies campaign, the Fiery Dragon Sword, was placed in the HoM.

There’s no mention of those new pink fellblades anywhere in GW1. They could literally take the Living Shortbow which was the Dryad Bow in GW1, add different colors to the leaves, change the weapon to a longbow, and make it drop in GW2.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Again pink weapons? The mists weapons weren’t enough? Really ANet, stop doing pink things.

You make it sound as though all of the new skins are going to be pink…
Why don’t we wait until we see ALL of the new skins being added to the game before saying anything.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Again pink weapons? The mists weapons weren’t enough? Really ANet, stop doing pink things.

You make it sound as though all of the new skins are going to be pink…
Why don’t we wait until we see ALL of the new skins being added to the game before saying anything.

The mists weapons look more purple to me anyway.

This game could use some pink to balance all the GLOWING kitten BLUE kitten. I mean i have my Foefire, ascalonian GS, jotun GS, corrupted avenger GS, super GS, and so on for kittening ever just for greatswords… Then we have the SAB backpack, the dragon wings backpack, the shattered backpack, the fractal backpack, the wind backpack, and so on for kittening ever…

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i think i can see both sides of the story. for those of you “making a stand” against the seemingly identical reskin apart from enhanced effects, is it because you feel your efforts in gw2 and HOM points are wasted? if you have the OG Fellblade in gw2, NO ONE, i repeat, NO ONE can take that away from you. and if i want it, i’m going to have to go buy and play gw1, which probably won’t happen. <— not a complaint, i love that dedicated gw1 get special rewards! (esp the many titles you guys have as well)

i personally don’t feel that these “reskins” with purple glowy bits thrown on top in any way diminishes the Fellblade. i love that it’s seemingly so simple, yet so captivating. i’ve yet to see one in-game, and i would love to. but perhaps, that’s just me.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Terry Bogard.6950

Terry Bogard.6950

Just add me to the minority pile of folks who aren’t happy about new dual wielding of a sword I worked for and now also has fancy runes attached to it. I love my Fellblade and now it feels like it’s a lesser version of a new sword that is missing fancy runes and can’t be dual wielded. No worries if folks think otherwise and have their opinions. I’m just disappointed in the blatant reskin. I’m pretty sure no one will argue that the new swords are fancier, whether they like the pink runes or not. Whether they’re “better” or not.

Why not see new legendary greatswords folks worked for that could be redone into dual wielded swords, plus some new fancy effect of some kind. Does that devalue the work done before? It’s arguable as seen in this topic. Will many folks who worked hard for their legendary greatswords be unhappy and feel their work devalued or undermined? It seems undoubtedly.

So far we’ve only heard from folks who have noticed this screenshot. Later we could hear more from folks once it’s introduced.

(edited by Terry Bogard.6950)

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Well.

1st: these are not fellblades, just some re-skin.

2nd: they don’t want to make HoM weapons look better than the most epic ones. but yeah, fellblade is just plain wrong now.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Simple case of “omg this is more flashy, ergo this is better!”.

Fashion tip: Flashy does not always equal fashionable. There are many gear setup’s which will be more aesthetically pleasing with a Fellblade than with these pink neonboards. In fact, if anything these things will be much harder to style around.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Jovel.5706

i think i can see both sides of the story. for those of you “making a stand” against the seemingly identical reskin apart from enhanced effects, is it because you feel your efforts in gw2 and HOM points are wasted? if you have the OG Fellblade in gw2, NO ONE, i repeat, NO ONE can take that away from you. and if i want it, i’m going to have to go buy and play gw1, which probably won’t happen. <— not a complaint, i love that dedicated gw1 get special rewards! (esp the many titles you guys have as well)

i personally don’t feel that these “reskins” with purple glowy bits thrown on top in any way diminishes the Fellblade. i love that it’s seemingly so simple, yet so captivating. i’ve yet to see one in-game, and i would love to. but perhaps, that’s just me.

To answer your first question, in my personal opinion if they’re going to use the HoM weapon/armor models to make obtainable versions in GW2 they need to make sure the HoM armor skins don’t have annoying clipping issues that have been around since release and that the HoM weapon skins have the same amount of work put into them. I remember finishing up my Tyrian Vanquisher title back before GW2 even came out and picking up my first Fellblade at the Shiverpeak Mountains, it dropped without a inscription slot I believe but I still kept it for it’s aesthetic looks.

The blade itself had a shadowy cloud animation that flowed smoothly throughout the blade, it was also one of the largest swords in the game. The concept art shown in the HoM calculator depicts some sort of similar “glowy” animation that was poorly delivered, really lackluster when compared to the GW1 version. I barely notice the actual animation it has and the blade is to dull and damaged on top of that.. I wouldn’t mind how busted the blade looks as long as the animation was at least similar to how it was in GW1.

Now here comes a newer, improved version of the Fellblade that seems to have a more noticeable aura around it. I’m not against them adding flashy, tweaked versions of HoM weapons though since the Fiery Dragon Sword did have an opposite twin in GW1, the Icy Dragon Sword that’s known as “Jormag’s Breath” in GW2, but at least they had the decency to make the draconian hilts different for both of them in GW2. If they release 2 versions of the Diamond Aegis in GW2, like the Amber Aegis and the Iridescent Aegis I don’t think anyone would care because those shields actually existed in GW1. If they did that, however, they have to show as much love to those shields as they did the Diamond Aegis and vice versa, or else what’s the point of the HoM rewards when there’s cleaner, improved versions in GW2?

What’s the point of all that work for the HoM weapons if they’re going to be left behind visually compared to their GW2 counterparts? Why release a version of the Icelord’s Diadem that doesn’t clip when the HoM one is RUINED by most of the hairstyles from any gender and race in the game? Why do the pieces in the light HoM armor clip with each other slightly? That’s almost as bad as T3 cultural armor that clips on the intended races, it’s outrageous. Why do Sylvari get oversized shoulder pieces in the medium HoM set? Why are the shoulders of the heavy HoM set floating almost a foot off my Norn’s shoulder?

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Evans.6347

What’s the point of all that work for the HoM weapons if they’re going to be left behind visually compared to their GW2 counterparts? Why release a version of the Icelord’s Diadem that doesn’t clip when the HoM one is RUINED by most of the hairstyles from any gender and race in the game? Why do the pieces in the light HoM armor clip with each other slightly? That’s almost as bad as T3 cultural armor that clips on the intended races, it’s outrageous. Why do Sylvari get oversized shoulder pieces in the medium HoM set? Why are the shoulders of the heavy HoM set floating almost a foot off my Norn’s shoulder?

Hmmm, the HOM skins have, imho, always been something that sets starting veteran players apart from the crowd. Like you can run around at level 2 looking like a lot more fancy than the other starters who have to wear country pants until level whatnot. Truth be told, few of that stuff has any endgame appeal.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

For sake of Abaddon stop thinking with your puny greatswords.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Overall this update is incredible. Account wallet, permanent finishers, the list can go on about what I’m excited for in this update. What I am not excited for, however, is the seeming introduction of Hall of Monument weapons into the game as drops.

People worked hard for Hall of Monuments updates and now you’re releasing 1-handed Fellblades that have cooler effects than the actual HoM one? That just doesn’t seem right to me. And considering that’s all we’ve seen, who knows what other previously HoM skins will be released in the future?

Why even do HoM at all if you can just get better versions of the reward items in GW2? I hope I’m just missing something here, because I’m really disappointed in this particular aspect of the update. Don’t get me wrong those new Fellblades look awesome (I’m sure they won’t be called that… Or maybe they will who knows), but that’s the problem. They completely diminish even earning the 23 point HoM reward.

What are your guys’ thoughts on this?

I’ll go with the others saying that better is a relative term… but also that the HoM skins were, in general, not that great. The gnarled staff? The living shortbow? The heritage armor? (Granted, heritage armor did make you look better for awhile while you were leveling). Heck, some people even attach a sort of “noob” stigma when they see people carrying that gear.

Not to mention you’re tacitly supporting an elitist mentality of “forget you, got mine”, where people shouldn’t be allowed to enjoy certain things because they may not have had the fortune to play GW1 before, or may not have the same qualifications as you. They can’t enjoy the same fun as you because you’ve placed an arbitrary value on the time you spent playing a game. As if it’s the same as work hours at a job or something.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

There’s a difference between jormag’s breath vs fiery dragon sword and fellblade vs new swords

When to Jormag’s vs fiery dragon swords the biggest thing is that they are pertty much equal. They’re also actually different skins as you saw in the screen shots, (although I consider them close enough to see them as counter parts). It’s also a classic fire vs ice, and for swords take are mainly made up of their special visual animation, it’s easily enough of a difference to set them apart, making them equal opposing weapons. In short, they’re about as different as twilight and sunrise.

When it comes to the new swords, they’re the same skin and same coloration as fell blades but with added runes and even an enhanced shadowy effect. So they can be seen as a direct upgrade for most people.

I’m going to take advantage of this new strife to request the original gw1 animation on the HoM fellblades to help equal it out a bit (and mainly because that would be awesome).

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

It makes it even worse than them being reskinned. They have better affects than the HoM one which has laughable effects at best. And they’ve pretty much flat out confirmed they aren’t updating existing HoM skins. So cool, great, awesome. The new skins have great particle affects while the “OG” one has no visual affect that compares to the concept art and it looks plain as all hell. Not happy.

Just add me to the minority pile of folks who aren’t happy about new dual wielding of a sword I worked for and now also has fancy runes attached to it. I love my Fellblade and now it feels like it’s a lesser version of a new sword that is missing fancy runes and can’t be dual wielded. No worries if folks think otherwise and have their opinions. I’m just disappointed in the blatant reskin. I’m pretty sure no one will argue that the new swords are fancier, whether they like the pink runes or not. Whether they’re “better” or not.

Why not see new legendary greatswords folks worked for that could be redone into dual wielded swords, plus some new fancy effect of some kind. Does that devalue the work done before? It’s arguable as seen in this topic. Will many folks who worked hard for their legendary greatswords be unhappy and feel their work devalued or undermined? It seems undoubtedly.

So far we’ve only heard from folks who have noticed this screenshot. Later we could hear more from folks once it’s introduced.

Yeah I’m right there with ya. I’m not happy at all. Everything that I’m going to say about why I’m unhappy about it has already been said by myself, you, and others. Just really kitten es me off that we get a crappy, boring skin while the people who get the new and improved Fellblade that more resembles GW1 (It’s a 1h again), which has better visual affects and particle effects.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

Overall this update is incredible. Account wallet, permanent finishers, the list can go on about what I’m excited for in this update. What I am not excited for, however, is the seeming introduction of Hall of Monument weapons into the game as drops.

People worked hard for Hall of Monuments updates and now you’re releasing 1-handed Fellblades that have cooler effects than the actual HoM one? That just doesn’t seem right to me. And considering that’s all we’ve seen, who knows what other previously HoM skins will be released in the future?

Why even do HoM at all if you can just get better versions of the reward items in GW2? I hope I’m just missing something here, because I’m really disappointed in this particular aspect of the update. Don’t get me wrong those new Fellblades look awesome (I’m sure they won’t be called that… Or maybe they will who knows), but that’s the problem. They completely diminish even earning the 23 point HoM reward.

What are your guys’ thoughts on this?

I’ll go with the others saying that better is a relative term… but also that the HoM skins were, in general, not that great. The gnarled staff? The living shortbow? The heritage armor? (Granted, heritage armor did make you look better for awhile while you were leveling). Heck, some people even attach a sort of “noob” stigma when they see people carrying that gear.

Not to mention you’re tacitly supporting an elitist mentality of “forget you, got mine”, where people shouldn’t be allowed to enjoy certain things because they may not have had the fortune to play GW1 before, or may not have the same qualifications as you. They can’t enjoy the same fun as you because you’ve placed an arbitrary value on the time you spent playing a game. As if it’s the same as work hours at a job or something.

That’s not the mentality at all. The only reason I feel like HoM rewards should be locked to Just HoM is because that was the intended purpose.. And honestly the thing that kitten es me off the most is how these new ones are getting obviously better effects than the HoM one which looked dull even on day 1.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m going to take advantage of this new strife to request the original gw1 animation on the HoM fellblades to help equal it out a bit (and mainly because that would be awesome).

You and me both. All I want is the original GW1 effect on the HoM version. Then I’ll be happy and couldn’t care less about who gets a pink reskin.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

I love how 1 screen of 1 skin among the “many” others that they’re hiding until release(except the rapier thats confirmed^.^) causes so much panic. “Oh dear, they’re adding a 1h sword with a similar outline to the fellblade and adding pink runes, my world has ended.” Makes me wonder what doesn’t stir up the hornets nest with you guys.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Navzar.2938

It’s not a just a similar outline, it’s literally the same skin but with added pink runes and shadow effects.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

It’s not a just a similar outline, it’s literally the same skin but with added pink runes and shadow effects.

Yep.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

akamon.2769

To answer your first question, in my personal opinion if they’re going to use the HoM weapon/armor models to make obtainable versions in GW2 they need to make sure the HoM armor skins don’t have annoying clipping issues that have been around since release and that the HoM weapon skins have the same amount of work put into …

snip

thanks for the very elaborate answer. i have heard that the OG Fellbalde in gw1 was tenfold better than the rendition we have here in gw2. i’ve also only read that gw1 players were promised a lot when they announced gw2. so though i can’t entirely comprehend and i won’t lie and say i know how you feel, but i can see where you’re coming from. i would like to have seen the HoM rewards all live up to the gw1 loyal vets’ expectations. though, from my point of view, if i see HoM reward skins or titles, i’m still in awe and i know that there someone in front of me is a gw vet. they’ve been around way longer than i could ever imagine to me.

so in a sense, if you will, it’s more than jsut the item of title held at face value for me. obviously, it’d be nice if you would have the in-game items to live up to their names / meaning behind as well, or rather, what was at stake for them to be introduced into the game, and how you went about to obtain them.

so while i’m not entirely aganist “reskins” or “upgraded” versions of HoM skins, i would love to see existing HoM skins ugraded as well, not to change their appearance, but rather, to enhance them. and also, so more people sport them instead of just FDS. so they still hold true to their origin and don’t just become another “gw2 skin”, and namely, fix the clipping issues – though that seems to be another issue all around. of course, argubly, since the HoM rewards were one of the earlier designs, as the game improves and moves on, it only makes sense to have them updated so they are not entirely visually impaired.

also, an interesting note you made was how FDS had a counterpart. as did the other versions of the shields. if gw2 added new lore to new weapons that may be HoM reskins, would that be something of interest to people? instead of them just being a random drop that shared a similar/same skin? after all, they are trying to create a living world. and in some sense, it adds to the legacy of gw1.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

akamon.2769

It makes it even worse than them being reskinned. They have better affects than the HoM one which has laughable effects at best. And they’ve pretty much flat out confirmed they aren’t updating existing HoM skins. So cool, great, awesome. The new skins have great particle affects while the “OG” one has no visual affect that compares to the concept art and it looks plain as all hell. Not happy.

did they state WHY they would never update the existing HoM skins? so i’ve just learnt that they ahve a lot of clipping issues as well. i don’t see any reason why even that can’t be fixed. though we’re going into different territory now.

okay, so you mentioned the new skins seemingly have great particle effects. there may be some people who enjoy more “plain” items however, so on that note, to each their own. though i also know that the OG Fellblade’s effects were much greater than what we see currently in gw2. and i guess we can all say, we know how far ANet can go with particle effets.

: (((

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

did they state WHY they would never update the existing HoM skins? so i’ve just learnt that they ahve a lot of clipping issues as well. i don’t see any reason why even that can’t be fixed. though we’re going into different territory now.

okay, so you mentioned the new skins seemingly have great particle effects. there may be some people who enjoy more “plain” items however, so on that note, to each their own. though i also know that the OG Fellblade’s effects were much greater than what we see currently in gw2. and i guess we can all say, we know how far ANet can go with particle effets.

: (((

I just assumed that the GW2 version of the Gw1 Fellblade would look better – not worse. That’s like a game being shown at E3 in beta form and being released as a worse looking game.

Weapons have no clipping issues like the armors do so I doubt we’ll see them redesigned to look as good (effect-wise) as the new ones.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Why must the developers not make a similar item that all GW2 players can enjoy?

Guild Wars 1 players worked their butts off for some of those rewards.

I’m ok with them being added to the game, they’re a bit different to the Fellblade, but, it’s a slipperly slope. How long until all HoM skins are just rehashed slightly for self entitled GW2-only players to obtain?

You make it sound like all GW2 only players are self-entitled. Um, what? I don’t recall personally ever asking ANet to make HoM skins available to me. I certainly didn’t ask them to make reskins that “look even better” if that’s what you think about them. It’s ANet’s decision. Maybe they ran out of ideas, or maybe they just liked the look so much they thought it would be nice for everyone to have a version.

I completely object to you lumping everyone under one description. And from the way you’re complaining about it I’d say you’re the one feeling entitled. You did the work, you got your reward. Nobody is arguing that. If ANet want to give out skins that may look similar, that’s their prerogative. By all means, feel a bit sad by it, but this sort of complaining is ridiculous.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

The new skins very similar and nice and all, but sorry it’s no Fellblade. I can’t see the new skin being more imposing on my Char than the Fellblade.

Attachments:

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Also Jormag’s Breath existed in GW1 as the Icy Dragon Sword. Ofcourse nobody minds that the IDS made it into the game for GW2 players while the more iconic weapon of the prophecies campaign, the Fiery Dragon Sword, was placed in the HoM.

actually.. no
Icy Dragin Sword back in GW1 was exacly reskin of fiery to have blue flames.
and Jormag’s Breath have another hilt (more claw of jormag style) and another shape of just blade.

someone mentioned updating of HoM weapons?
I think that there is some visual problem with flaming efect on Fiery Dragon Sword – flames are much longer than actual blade. so if fixing that in some patch wouldn’t be a problem I would be very gratefull

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Someone is insecure in his manhood

I’m totally secure in manhood man.
But really, would you use a pink weapon on a big norn with black armor?
I’m really hindered in doing so.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KodChim.5670

KodChim.5670

I’m pretty excited to see the new weapons. Some of the new ones have been really good.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

coming soon to guild wars 2: the Emerald Aegis, the Ruby Aegis, and the Sapphire Aegis!
;D

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Navzar.2938

coming soon to guild wars 2: the Emerald Aegis, the Ruby Aegis, and the Sapphire Aegis!
;D

See the thing about that is that they would most likely be counter parts then, rather than the same diamond aegis with extra effects. Counterparts are okay because they’re both still awesome. The HoM version is just an exclusive version of that item, rather than an inferior version.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

“Oh no, there’s a weapon skin that exists that doesn’t go with my armorrr! I’m so limited because out of the heaps of existing weapon skins I have to use this one even though I don’t want it!”

I imagine this being said in the voice of Ray Romano.

Hoopa doopa.

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Are you referring to all those pink JADE skins from the Dragon Bash? Try matching that green with pink armour…

At least the blue SAB skins offered a good complementary shade..

Wintersday was all about brown.

Aetherized skins pink? Nope…

Can you remind me which skins were pink?

Happy to see some pink in the mix again…

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I hope the sovereign greatsword is symmetrical double edged sword with a good cutting blade that isn’t short like ebon blade and seraph/golden or thin like Ebon vangaurd.

And has a nice hilt that isn’t awkward like peacemaker or super Greatsword. But still cool.

Ya know, like Ghastly but more prestigious than a few AC runs and without the lame glow or Kymswarden but not an easy skin from story mode or 1-2g from trade post.. (That being said Kymswarden could be a bit broader but still looks nice, I’d say krytan GS but that’s a sword you get by level 10 lol)

A-net make my dream come true!!!

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Dye your armor pink. that will solve this problem!

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New Fellblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Evans.6347

Norn do not care about colours for they are Norn!
FYI black and pink (well more fuchsia but who’s complaining right?) go well together. Hence the black sword with fuchsia runes. Contrast is where it’s at man!