No nerf for Deadeye?

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

We can never have anything nice because warriors always steamrolling any type of pve content , i say nerf warriors co efs ;d

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: charter.4095

charter.4095

I’ve seen necro, ranger, guard, war, and thief farm deadeye with 4 or 5 gambits easy. Hardly one class having much of an advantage over the rest.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

Warrior does not have the upper hand this time, thieves can do 5 gambit as well and they do not need to use an utility with 60 seconds CD like the warrior. I’d say even guardians are better than Warriors this time since the only CD you really need to wait is WoR and you get kills before the first shadowstep.

But yeah, just wait for the nerf tomorrow, then go kill champs in CS or something.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Well the fact is i on my 80 warrior bought all berserker RARE gear. I was doing Subject 7 with 4 gambits easy. Now i just farm tier 2 Charr. Similar profit. Not bad for Rare 80 gear but i would loved to have a mesmer to farm deadeye with 5 gambits.

Farm the norn with the dog (tier 3 thir fight), is the easier. Every meat is 2k more power lol, also is even easier without berserker because power means nothing if you can get 2k-14k power buffs lol.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Why put gambit in then? Just to annoy people? lol

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Exasol.2765

Exasol.2765

Any nerf yet today?

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Not yet, but I know it’s coming so I’m farming the kitten out of it. Made ~200g so far.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I never tried farming it or anything. What exactly was wrong with subject 7?

An endure pain/frenzy warrior in full zerk exotics with burst spec traits could load up 4-5 gambits and kill subject 7 in 10 seconds, making 50 or 60 silver.

I was doing it easily with a rabid condition necro with minions. All I had to do was circle strafe the arena and auto-attack. I wasn’t at risk of dieing and I never lost. Just like dungeon encounters, there are always going to be ways to cheese content. I have to admit though, it’s sad to see reflect being OP again. Are we ever going to see a fix on that? It’s getting to the point where you really want a mesmer or a guardian whenever you fight a boss with a powerful projectile. If nothing else, it protects your party, but more importantly, it’s the most powerful spike skill in the game (people are using it for everything from Lupicus to Malrona to Gauntlet bosses).

The reflect mechanic is becoming more powerful than the dodge roll, yet unlike the dodge roll, it favours certain classes.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Projectile reflects and absorbs are available on: Guardian, Mesmer, Thief, Engineer, Ranger, Elementalist, and Warrior (though no one in their right mind would trait for it). Necro should be given one. An absorb would make the most sense, perhaps on Spectral Wall. Not everyone gets to reflect, but almost everyone has a way to nullify projectiles. Reflections aren’t “becoming” powerful, they already are. But there’s no reason they should be nerfed. Some classes have to have things that others don’t.

Retired. Too many casuals.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

This is why we can’t have nice things… /thread

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: iddles.9280

iddles.9280

anet was quick enough for subject 7 nerfs. Hopefully they react accordingly, otherwise people will walk out with 1000g+ if they take their time.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

TheKillerAngel.3596

anet was quick enough for subject 7 nerfs. Hopefully they react accordingly, otherwise people will walk out with 1000g+ if they take their time.

I happen to believe skill should be rewarded. A lot of people characterize this as a faceroll way to make money, but the truth is that if your rotations are off by half a second or more you will end up dead or near dead.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I happen to believe skill should be rewarded. A lot of people characterize this as a faceroll way to make money, but the truth is that if your rotations are off by half a second or more you will end up dead or near dead.

Very true, subject 7 was wayyyy to easy compared to deadeye. If like you said you mess up a rotation he will port away and than killshot you. With subject 7 if you mess up a rotation you just waited until it was off cd, than kill him. Also i am talking about doing this with a warrior. But if you do get your rotations right (which is not that hard) than this rather easy, just has more risk.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

(edited by Uther Deathhand.1570)

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

iddles.9280

not even remotely true buddy. I was the one who made the subject 7 video, you could have done it comfortably if you did everything I mentioned. The only time I would fail is I do something lazy and die or the arena bugged. In the case of subject 7, you could get off an eviscerate at the end and always finish (or even use a different dps rotation that killed S7 so you didn’t need the second endure pain proc).

In the case of deadeye, he is even easier. There is nothing skillful about reflects. With the guardian all you do is port to him, reflect, dps and if your dps isn’t high enough as in the guard videos shown, you can use sword #2 to port again and #3 or auto attack to finish him off. Your rotations can be off completely and still do it comfortably. ALSO- if you somehow completely messed up your rotation and deadeye is not blinded during his killshot, you can use your elite skill to become invulnerable and then continue with your dps.If you were doing them properly you wouldn’t be saying that.

I’m also not even mentioning the other classes that can do this with consistency and speed.

Edit: Actually, I will. Thieves can 5 gambit with the additional quaggan boss. All you do is scorpion wire deadeye and its a simple 1v1 and you just dps him. This run has very little downtime.

I would agree more with the fact that it depends on gear, not skill. Having ascended gear makes your run go faster or you may crit more often. You can even do these runs with sigil stacks (like bloodlust). But noooo, clearly 20g/hr is intended for ‘skilled’ players.

(edited by iddles.9280)

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Deadeye doesn’t require skill. All it hinges on is a good rotation and sticking to the skill progression to maximize gain. If you just play around with timing and builds a little bit, you can end up with 1-1.2 silver per second (4-5 gambits respectively), lowered slightly by having to buy tickets and opening bags, but further increased by charged lodestone drops.

There isn’t anything else in the game that remotely approaches this type of gain at the moment. Subject 7 had nothing on this.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

A necro can farm deadeye on total 35 second rotation with 5 gambits. It could be possible to make it even faster by getting full corruption stacks and minmaxing cond duration/cond damage and optimizing rotation better.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

TheKillerAngel.3596

not even remotely true buddy. I was the one who made the subject 7 video, you could have done it comfortably if you did everything I mentioned. The only time I would fail is I do something lazy and die or the arena bugged. In the case of subject 7, you could get off an eviscerate at the end and always finish (or even use a different dps rotation that killed S7 so you didn’t need the second endure pain proc).

In the case of deadeye, he is even easier. There is nothing skillful about reflects. With the guardian all you do is port to him, reflect, dps and if your dps isn’t high enough as in the guard videos shown, you can use sword #2 to port again and #3 or auto attack to finish him off. Your rotations can be off completely and still do it comfortably. ALSO- if you somehow completely messed up your rotation and deadeye is not blinded during his killshot, you can use your elite skill to become invulnerable and then continue with your dps.If you were doing them properly you wouldn’t be saying that.

I’m also not even mentioning the other classes that can do this with consistency and speed.

Edit: Actually, I will. Thieves can 5 gambit with the additional quaggan boss. All you do is scorpion wire deadeye and its a simple 1v1 and you just dps him. This run has very little downtime.

I would agree more with the fact that it depends on gear, not skill. Having ascended gear makes your run go faster or you may crit more often. You can even do these runs with sigil stacks (like bloodlust). But noooo, clearly 20g/hr is intended for ‘skilled’ players.

For players like you and me, things like when to use reflects or how to optimize skill rotations are second nature. However, you must remember that the vast majority of the GW2 playerbase really doesn’t know that much about game mechanics or care about min/maxing their playstyle. I have seen SO many players (read: the majority) faceplant when attempting to fight either Subject 7 or Deadeye on classes that should be “easy.”

You are right about gear – gauntlet farming, unlike running dungeons, has very specific requirements that must be met in order to be passable. You can run CoF 1 in whatever the hell gear you want – the only thing that will change is the time it takes to complete the dungeon. You cannot gauntlet farm using whatever build or gear you want. A full PTV warrior is going to be incapable of dealing the burst damage necessary to kill Subject 7 or Deadeye. To gauntlet farm effectively, there are minimum gear and requirements that many players don’t meet.

I farm Deadeye on my thief, and can do 2 5-gambits in one minute. If you do everything right, it goes very smoothly, but if your timing is off by a second you’ll probably end up dead because he hits you anywhere from 4k to 9k with the frailty gambit. You have to time your blinds right and you can’t spam black powder relentlessly or you won’t have the DPS to kill him before he ports to the other side of the map. You also have to be careful about how often you use HS (if at all) because this will sometimes draw the aggro of the Quaggan.

(edited by TheKillerAngel.3596)

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

iddles.9280

True. I agree that there can be a decent amount of danger, but as far as I know as a guardian, there is little to no failure. The main thing holding people back is the gear. If they looked up the videos, its as simple as anything else. All you have to do is port and reflect immediately – nothing exceptional about it. Optimizing skill rotations is something that becomes second nature once you do enough runs, but there are enough videos out there to give you a good idea of what to do.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

TheKillerAngel.3596

this is the method im using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi5xrJAzCFs and lets be honest, it doesn’t require any skill( thats not my video btw, i actually kill it alot faster)

That method works but the rotation is cringe worthy. If he got unlucky with the crits he would be S.O.L. because Deadeye would still be alive and would port across the map. One would be better off starting with Asurge to get 15% damage from Berserker’s power, then frenzy/100b/whirlwind, use endure pain when you hit less than 50% health to activate desperate power, then switch to axe/mace, mace 5/axe2/mace 4/eviscerate.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

I farm Deadeye on my thief, and can do 2 5-gambits in one minute. If you do everything right, it goes very smoothly, but if your timing is off by a second you’ll probably end up dead because he hits you anywhere from 4k to 9k with the frailty gambit. You have to time your blinds right and you can’t spam black powder relentlessly or you won’t have the DPS to kill him before he ports to the other side of the map. You also have to be careful about how often you use HS (if at all) because this will sometimes draw the aggro of the Quaggan.

I also do it on thief.

All the things you listed do need to be done. But none of them have any skill requirement. This is because deadeye’s behavior has no random factors. He will alternate two sets of volley and aim shot before teleporting (11 seconds) and then kill shot. That is it.

You can go an entire farming session without ever getting hit, easily.

(edited by ryokoalways.3450)

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

iddles.9280

i think the point is more to show how much of a joke he is. You really shouldn’t be using the gs autos, but he can kill it just fine.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Why nerf deadeye? When i wanted to do triple gambit archievment he was easiest to do it. Everything you need to do is dodge his ultimate attack.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Projectile reflects and absorbs are available on: Guardian, Mesmer, Thief, Engineer, Ranger, Elementalist, and Warrior (though no one in their right mind would trait for it). Necro should be given one. An absorb would make the most sense, perhaps on Spectral Wall. Not everyone gets to reflect, but almost everyone has a way to nullify projectiles. Reflections aren’t “becoming” powerful, they already are. But there’s no reason they should be nerfed. Some classes have to have things that others don’t.

The problem is the reflection, not the absorption. Reflection uses the power level of the mob and not the player. It would be incredibly OP to give a class access to a skill with the power level of the average boss mob. Reflection essentially does this, then doubles it through crit damage. It’s why see you massive HP spikes when a crit damage mesmer uses feedback on a high DPS projectile from a boss.

They are “becoming” more powerful because despite their tendency to favour certain professions, more and more content is being designed to favour them. Reflection’s power level is proportional to the number of mobs which have skills to reflect. If the only reflectable attacks in the game were ordinary mob attacks, reflection wouldn’t be as powerful. Because it can be used to reflect incredibly powerful boss attacks, it’s one of the best DPS tools in the game.

Yes many classes have access to reflection but not all reflections are created equal. Feedback is far easier to use than Whirling Defense as an example. It is cast at the foe’s location so you can use it anywhere you are within range of the mob, is activated instantly, it only requires a single utility slot and it allows free movement of your character during its duration. Whirling Defense requires the ranger be at the desired location of the reflection, it requires you bring a main-hand weapon, forces axe as the off-hand weapon and most importantly it roots the ranger in place and it lasts 1 second less. The benefit is that it has a slightly lower cooldown.

When the optimal way to complete content is a mechanic which favours a couple of professions, there is a problem. Professions can be different, that’s fine. An example of this being done well is Spotter and Empower Allies. One allows the ranger to give a unique party precision buff, the other allows a warrior to give a unique party power buff. Neither of these skills will dramatically alter a fight the way Feedback does yet both of them allow the two classes to contribute in a unique way.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Even after killing him 800x he still surprises me with the occasional Aimed Shot spam into a Killshot , or simple bugs. Certain pods minefields are placed too close together and certain pods makes Quaggan function properly. Don’t believe me try it for yourself , some pods Quaggan will just sit there till you port past him or hit him in some fashion and others he will rush you as if you hit him fresh out the gates.

So regardless still alot of risk involved when doing this…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Afya.5842

Even after killing him 800x he still surprises me with the occasional Aimed Shot spam into a Killshot , or simple bugs. Certain pods minefields are placed too close together and certain pods makes Quaggan function properly. Don’t believe me try it for yourself , some pods Quaggan will just sit there till you port past him or hit him in some fashion and others he will rush you as if you hit him fresh out the gates.

I don’t take quaggan for that reason. I’ll like stuff more controllable, even if that means it may take more time and effort.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

When the optimal way to complete content is a mechanic which favours a couple of professions, there is a problem. Professions can be different, that’s fine. An example of this being done well is Spotter and Empower Allies. One allows the ranger to give a unique party precision buff, the other allows a warrior to give a unique party power buff. Neither of these skills will dramatically alter a fight the way Feedback does yet both of them allow the two classes to contribute in a unique way.

There will always be one optimal way to complete content, versus all the other ways. Perhaps all the other ways can be close, but There Can Be Only One (Optimal Way).

Coincidentally, Spotter and Empower Allies are some of the very reasons why bringing a Ranger and a Warrior into your group is part of the optimal formula for dungeon clearing.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

I don’t take quaggan for that reason. I’ll like stuff more controllable, even if that means it may take more time and effort.

Are you telling me on the gambit i have the option to pick the Crowd’s Favorite?

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

Are you telling me on the gambit i have the option to pick the Crowd’s Favorite?

Nah he means he’ll take fewer gambits to be on the safe side. Crowd Favorite is always the Quaggan.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Afya.5842

Nah he means he’ll take fewer gambits to be on the safe side. Crowd Favorite is always the Quaggan.

Not fewer, just not crowd favorite. You can only activate 5 gambits max.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

[/quote]the case of deadeye, he is even easier. There is nothing skillful about reflects. With the guardian all you do is port to him, reflect, dps and if your dps isn’t high enough as in the guard videos shown, you can use sword #2 to port again and #3 or auto attack to finish him off. Your rotations can be off completely and still do it comfortably[/quote]
just seconding into your gear point,

if i kitten up my rotations a little he’ll get off a 2nd TP before I can kill him; with my gear i cannot kill him before the first port ever, even if I use Mistfire Wolf and full corruption stacks.

Also, it does take skill and experience to recognize when you won’t get your blind off in time for the killshot. Most deaths I have to deadeye are because the blind doesn’t apply instantly so he killshots me while i’m standing inside his barrel.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Even blinded who can’t kill a person who places their face on the barrel…

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

No , let me tell you the issue with the people who keeps saying it doesn’t work. I started with the warrior Subject 7 one , watched it and was like ok time to farm this doesn’t seem to hard , till i actually tried and he killed me 40x to my 10ish kills on him in 3 hrs. I was completely infuriated but i didn’t once give up , the thing is you HAVE to get a PERFECT rotation off

That was the case, I just needed a lot of practice and I see I’m not the only one

about this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4osbm2Qj94s&feature=youtu.be

My tips to speed up this farm a little:

*Instead of 20% shout recharge put 20% consencration

*Activate Justice a little later

*If he makes a teleport then teleport after him immediately, if you tel fast enough to him at the beginning then this skill will be recharged at this moment

*Ofc don’t wait for save yourselfes, you’ll be fine without it
—-
Choose outnumbered if you want an achievement, if you’re lucky you’ll survive in that same strategy.
—-
beginners tip:
*First learn this without gambits or you’ll waste 100 tickets as me.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

Sorry all you farmers for my amazing thread.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Sorry all you farmers for my amazing thread.

Its fine brah, most of us have guardians.

No nerf for Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I have seen thieves and guards doing it no problem and after adjusting the strategy a bit I can still do it on necro about 90% of the time. You have to pay attention now is all.