Not happy with Queen's Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

How many people will rage-quit or leave GW2 after Queen’s Gauntlet?

A game is not about one event, I mean, you can perfectly enjoy GW2 and not do one single of the Gauntlet fights. However you always have reasons not to play a game or to platy another (MMOs are often exclusive to each other), the feeling of rage and frustration Gauntlet challenges bring can absolutely be the spark that lights the “screw this game” bonfire.

I don’t mind hard, hard is good. Frustrating isn’t.
- Bad cam angles with the dome
- Lag due to zerg fighting under
- Having to change/remove graphic options to make it playable (ie post-processing)
- Having to queue for challenges (or look for another Overflow, either way time consuming), seriously? Queue for solo? The duel is not even watchable with the glass dome thing.
- Having to run back from the bottom or plant a friend near you for rez (like losing durability and dieing was not enough of a punishment)
- Having to farm tickets, I don’t know why Anet felt it was anymore “fun”

I just got 11/11 achievements so its perfectly doable but I had to force myself not to give up and even had to reinstall stuff on Steam to take a break, just going on WvW/Dungeon wasn’t enough, I had to go away.

Now what? I don’t want to log on anymore. Maybe it the “that’s done” feeling but it didn’t happened achievements before. After insulting my characters for hours and being so frustrated I have this feeling the whole game is a source of nerd rage.
Maybe I need time.

Anyways, if you love GW2, please do yourself a favor. Don’t do Queen’s Gauntlet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I agree it’s frustrating: camera angles are horrid, you can’t really see the area of effect circles all that well, and 1 shot gimmicky mechanics were shadow figures can spawn behind you and one shot you aren’t challenging or fun.

But I won’t quit over it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I spent nearly 200 tickets to get all the achievements. The only one left is to get (out of BOTH meta-events) 8 orbs on Liadri. I’ve just been taking a break doing dailies and whatnot while I prepare myself for it.

I enjoy completing things and I’ll be sad when I complete it because it, just like all the other beginning events, will then be nearly dead for me (at least I can grind in the Pavilion!)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

You don’t need to force yourself. Just forget about gauntlet.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

It took a good 100+ tries for Liadri, someone putting a soup for endur regen, changing my build to give me vigor and such, using the Hoelbrak emissary buff, and using all my dodges (Thank you Charr racial dodge pistol) I don’t think I would’ve beaten the fight without that.

I raged on the gauntlet, not as hard as I have in certain games and challenges in said games, but enough that I quit for the first night, and swore and proclaimed the game cheated.

The best I can say is to keep at it, and push through if you really want to finish it. I’m down do doing the spare achieves, and I’m not even sure if I’ll manage to get the Light up the Darkness one.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

You don’t need to force yourself. Just forget about gauntlet.

My whole point. People should avoid it. Its very bad and may disgust you of the whole game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

i wont quit but you are right i do feel disgusted by this content its just frustrateing and has caused alot of rage from player in my teamspeak myselff included f its not bugs it bad camaera angles wait times ect all the wost elements of the game basicly

and allthough i wont quit i expect i will not get the mini pet this month and will be missing out on alot of acheivment points and that realy anoys me i am going to have a blank spot in my mini pet colection i can never fill and that is all the incentive i need to stop colecting any future mini pets if i cant have a full colection thne they are all worthless to me from now on

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wait, your going to rage quit AFTER you finish the content?

….and you are seeking support in this “movement”?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If they keep designing content around the idea that rangers shouldn’t be using their pet anymore but not compensate us for that bull kitten design choice, yes, i will rage quit. Until then though, no i’ll be staying, the gauntlet isn’t even hard it’s just gimmicky.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Not me, there’s plenty of LS content that I’ve skipped since I hate dungeons…I didn’t do the JP last month and only played 1 game of Southsun Survival before I realized it wasn’t my cup of tea. Honestly that’s why I like the LS stuff so much, if I don’t like what’s happening now there’ll be something different in a couple of weeks:)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

What is even the purpose of threatening to quit?..

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I haven’t even tried the Guantlet yet.. Once I do though, there is no way it will make me rage quit. If anything, I’ll just not do it. The same thing I did on the stupidly difficult Aetherblade dungeon.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

For me its different. Queens Gauntlet is the only content which was not boring for me. Thump up for more challenges.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

I had fun til i got to the guy and the dog, luck based where he throws it, sometimes he threw it right to the dog. Ticked me off til i finally beat him, i didnt say yes! finally beat him i said ugh.

I’m not doing the final boss, i tried loads of times and it just isnt working dodging is great but u arent 100% skilled cuz u can dodge like a pro. Wouldnt be suprised if they nerf it anyway why bother while its insanely hard.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

I love fps and mmo’s. The difference between them for me is fps make me get this rage and mmo’s don’t until I met liadri. This first mmo that has given me the rage I get in fps. Good job Anet took me about 100 tries to beat her on my necro, love the rage I got felt good to have it in a mmo

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

What is even the purpose of threatening to quit?..

It makes people feel better, that really is about it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I suspect we’ll be seeing a lot less rangers after this update.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

The only class I have is a necromancer. Imagine how kittened this content looks from where I’m sitting.

Did I kill her… yeah… so what? Trash mechanics are still trash. They are not creative. They are not fun. They are not hard. They promite playing specific classes with specific tools. Nothing more.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I quit the gauntlet at the tornado lady. That was enough for me. It wasn’t that it was overly difficult. I just found it uninteresting.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Soufflenoir.9016

Soufflenoir.9016

I m never gonna kill her with my necromancer….
Have so much pain and tries to reach the last boss (maybe im bad but I bought new stuff, spend PO’S, many whipes, lot of tickets) and now i’m stuck because Arena thinks One Shot vilain is difficulty… 90% of those boss have one shot skills…very funny…….
Not hard, not interesting just annoying..

I hurt her like a fly