Oceanic? Sorry can't do Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You’re too far away from the server to be considered important.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Less than stellar processor? Have fun with your 11 fps difficult boss fights dropping down below single digits when the zerg runs underneath you!

I still did my liadri kill but the whole experience was terrible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Downstairs Eddie.8125

Downstairs Eddie.8125

There’s no reason why you can’t do it with a highish ping. Plenty of oceanic players have. Might be a bit tougher, but that goes for the whole game.

This fight is just about learning patterns and knowing what to expect and where you need to be. High ping doesn’t get in the way of that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shadowsong.1560

Shadowsong.1560

I’m an Oceanic player and I managed to get it – its difficult but not impossible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Coopers.4376

Coopers.4376

I will admit that it is difficult on several fronts, ie it takes significantly longer to pick up the crystals and throw them, the dodges some times pull you back just that tiny bit so you get caught in aoe etc. Even though there are obstacles it is still possible, you just have to take these issues into consideration.

Edit: apparently i cant use the word hard and on together even though its appropriate for the sentence .

(edited by Coopers.4376)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Try guesting on a low population server and play early in the morning when less people are online.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Try guesting on a low population server and play early in the morning when less people are online.

Logic. This makes none.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chonkyo.2918

Chonkyo.2918

Please tell me which low population server doesn’t have an overflow?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Don’t know for NA but in EU atleast my server, Dzagonur, has no overflow at 7am. And we aren’t even the least populated server.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Animus.6453

Animus.6453

Logic. This makes none.

Aussie here. Managed just fine after a few attempts. It’s not impossible. Difficult yes, but not impossible just because you’re oceanic.

Also what he means is to guest on a low pop server where there’s less people and effectively, less framerate drops from the huge zergs running around below. Try Fergusons Crossing (my server), Eredons Terrace or Anvil Rock. Fairly low pop and not too many people running around. Perfectly sound logic, best dull that edge you have there boy.

And if you still have trouble? Get gud m8.

Attachments:

Vae The Spectre – Thief
[itok] We Already Know We Are Trash

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’m an Oceanic player and I managed to get it – its difficult but not impossible.

Note that even within the same territory connectivity may vary greatly. In my city connection won’t get over 6Mb. Just 200 hundred kilometers to the north, and you can get glass fiber and over 20Mb easily.

That’s one of the reasons why content should be either permanent or cyclical (e.g.: once a year, once every quarter…) so people that may get a better connection in the future are able to give it another go.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

I’m from Oceania and I did it. It’s harder but doable all the same.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

I think our guild mesmer lives in Argentina and usually has a 30ms latency. He can still PBomb like a boss. I don’t know how he copes with it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nick.9081

Nick.9081

dude… 30ms? you reckon that’s bad? :O far out

here in Australia you’d get something like 150ms – 200ms on average

30ms would be amazing!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

Note that even within the same territory connectivity may vary greatly. In my city connection won’t get over 6Mb. Just 200 hundred kilometers to the north, and you can get glass fiber and over 20Mb easily.

That’s one of the reasons why content should be either permanent or cyclical (e.g.: once a year, once every quarter…) so people that may get a better connection in the future are able to give it another go.

They have already said the gauntlet will come again. I am in Japan and I did it just fine.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ya they must recognize the problems with latency and camera etc. all the cited issues. When it does return (and it will), lets hope they address these bugs.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Apachai.9475

Apachai.9475

I have to agree that 30 ms is nothing.I have a steady 250 ms here that makes quite a handicap for the fight.Add that on top of the already long cast time and pickup animation to make a slow motion experience.
The fact that Crown Pavillion is crowded with people farming and makes my fps drop to 9-10 certainly doesnt help either.
I have changed settings to make casting and picking things up faster, but I didnt quite make it yet.Perhaps I will try guesting on a low population server.
I can make it to phase 2, but not consistently, and I usually have lost a bit of life when I do.
One thing that helps is not being above the destroyers, as that is the default farming spot for the zerg.
But there is still time to do it, hopefully I can get lucky.

(edited by Apachai.9475)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

Oceanic here, beat Liadri on my thief and ele. It’s doable, though it does help to guest to a low pop server if it’s very laggy where you are :P

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gehirn.8796

Gehirn.8796

I have a steady 250 ms here that makes quite a handicap for the fight.Add that on top of the already long cast time and pickup animation to make a slow motion experience.

This is almost identical to my one-and-only gripe with the Christmas event. Very sad to see it raise its ugly head again

I’m just glad I was able to beat Liadri. Actually, I think the higher gambits would of been far worse to do than her if it wasn’t for a very clever engineer build. Unless someone figures out something similar for Liadri, I’m happy to pass on the Light up the Darkness achievement.