'One shotting' Queens Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tadz.2870

Tadz.2870

I don’t know who at your office thought of this one shot idea but his name is now “Mr Genius”. Mr Genius: “Make a area where 90% of the stuff in there one shots them”…… This is a very very poor answer for us, weak effort anet. Give us something challenging, not something stupidly annoying, repetitive and god kitten costly. ( I will still complete it due to I HAVE TO TO GET THE GOD kitten MINI!!! << literally the only reason for me.)
Regards Tadz

#FreeDolan

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

All the one shot attacks can be avoided in some way, usually by dodging or kiting.

Same as most bosses in the game really.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Damage is mitigated by gear.
One Shot Kills are mitigated by skill.

You can’t rely on gear in the QG.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Tadz.2870

One shots are decided by weather or not you have endurance, not skill.

#FreeDolan

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Your placement in the arena and your timing are the important factors. If you don’t have a dodge ready when it is time to dodge it simply means you are doing something wrong.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Tadz.2870

Or it means your camera got into a bad position because of the dome and you couldn’t see correctly. The list is rather long, I am simply pointing out the worst of the worst as some people have probably spent a ton on repairs etc, but there is a lot more then I have stated.

#FreeDolan

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Um…is this a joke?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4osbm2Qj94s

Gear is all that matters in this. You have ele one shotting them using the gs fiery rush, I’m not going to call it an exploit/glitch but yeah. You have warriors afk stunlocking them to death and just laughing.

I’m on the last one now, and not a single one so far has required any “skill”. Unless by “skill” you mean "read the gimmick of the fight on dulfy.net and then do it on easy mode. I one shot the first tier before even reading it. So far nothing is about skill, it’s all a gimmicky sequence setup to give you the illusion of “skill”. It’s just that though, an illusion. If they wanted it to be skill based they would have an AI that is capable of actually putting up a challenge. The only interesting fight so far was the pirate crew one, and that I did in my first go too because it’s pretty easy apparently to exploit the hell out of the ai for gw2.

I will give you an example, imagine a boss that instead of just having more numbers (the lazy blizzard way of making things hard that somehow Anet has fallen in with) they brought in the ai from gw1. Those fights were fun, and challenging. I remember the mobs from the closer to the stars (I think that’s what it was called). They had a “tank” and various ranged dps that moved together. It was really cool because it was almost like playing against other players.

The pirate crew one reminded me of the last part of the twilight arbor. It would be nice to have more fights like that. Instead of one big enemy you had a few smaller enemies with interesting things. One shot mechanics are lazy, and they only encourage the “burn it down before it can one shot you” mentality that GW2 seems entirely full of now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

One shot mechanics, gimmicks, dome messing with your camera, half the fights making a lot of class mechanics obsolete (but hey now those classes know how Rangers feel in 90% of the game), time limit and one shot mechanics making all builds pointless except full berserker and big queues to get back in.

Skill? Ok sure whatever we believe you.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

How people can play this game for this long and NOT realize that PvE is basically balanced around one-shot mechanics is beyond me. I don’t see how people are still so shocked by it.

One shot mechanics, gimmicks, dome messing with your camera, half the fights making a lot of class mechanics obsolete (but hey now those classes know how Rangers feel in 90% of the game), time limit and one shot mechanics making all builds pointless except full berserker and big queues to get back in.

That’s ok, I also did it on a Ranger in Knight gear. =)

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Was thinking of making this very post, though obviously worded a little differently.

One-shot kills should be removed because:
-It’s vulnerable to lag and camera issues.
-It makes defensive stats completely pointless.
-It makes long fights extremely frustrating (You missed one dodge during 15 minutes of fighting? Tough luck, start over from the beginning!)
-It’s not fun.

One-shotting could be replaced by 90%-shotting, giving the players a fighting chance if they ever have lag, or just misclicked, or whatever. Also, it would make non-berserker gear worth something again. And it would still reward players that can dodge well.

ArenaNet’s obviously a professional gaming company. They should know why to leave one-shot kills to the minigames, and out of the main game.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

How people can play this game for this long and NOT realize that PvE is basically balanced around one-shot mechanics is beyond me. I don’t see how people are still so shocked by it.

They’re not shocked. They’re asking for it to be fixed.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

They’re not shocked. They’re asking for it to be fixed.

Fixed how? The only way to “fix” it would be to totally rework the dodge system, or nerf a lot of class abilities, or simply not bother and just let PvE remain the zergfest that it is now.

Oh, and the downed system, forgot that one.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

(edited by Bovinity.8610)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Um…is this a joke?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4osbm2Qj94s

Gear is all that matters in this. You have ele one shotting them using the gs fiery rush, I’m not going to call it an exploit/glitch but yeah. You have warriors afk stunlocking them to death and just laughing.

I’m on the last one now, and not a single one so far has required any “skill”. Unless by “skill” you mean "read the gimmick of the fight on dulfy.net and then do it on easy mode. I one shot the first tier before even reading it. So far nothing is about skill, it’s all a gimmicky sequence setup to give you the illusion of “skill”. It’s just that though, an illusion. If they wanted it to be skill based they would have an AI that is capable of actually putting up a challenge. The only interesting fight so far was the pirate crew one, and that I did in my first go too because it’s pretty easy apparently to exploit the hell out of the ai for gw2.

I will give you an example, imagine a boss that instead of just having more numbers (the lazy blizzard way of making things hard that somehow Anet has fallen in with) they brought in the ai from gw1. Those fights were fun, and challenging. I remember the mobs from the closer to the stars (I think that’s what it was called). They had a “tank” and various ranged dps that moved together. It was really cool because it was almost like playing against other players.

The pirate crew one reminded me of the last part of the twilight arbor. It would be nice to have more fights like that. Instead of one big enemy you had a few smaller enemies with interesting things. One shot mechanics are lazy, and they only encourage the “burn it down before it can one shot you” mentality that GW2 seems entirely full of now.

Wow, are we really getting the AI from GW1 held up as an example of doing it right now? The main complaint I heard about PvE through 5 years of playing that game was that the AI was terrible and predictable.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

As there already exists a thread on this topic we would like you to continue the discussion over there as it allows us to gather your feedback much more efficient.

You can find the thread over here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/So-Being-1-Shot-is-meant-to-be-a-Challenge

Thanks for your understanding.