in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

-Waypoint cost
-Repair cost
-Ticket cost
-2 minutes of walking after every try.
-5 minutes in queue after every try.

Doesn’t this feel a bit too much of a penalty for failing the gauntlet? Agree/Disagree?

Penalty for failing the gauntlet?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I have yet to see even 2 minutes queue, but it would be nice if it only ported us out downed, or at least had a waypoint up top.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I agree, but thankfully I can never read the “tells” anet seems to think are well telegraphed so I don’t even bother with these challenges. I am glad the elite are given something to do but I’ll save my silver thanks.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: showtime.9175

showtime.9175

the funny thing is, by testing the content they could start everytime again without these penalties i think!!! hopefully they will change this or remove a bit of the RNG

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Would of been nice if they did this as the worst part of the arena is walking back up after 50+ tries on liara it’s hard to even push myself to walk back up their knowing everything about the fight and not making it any further.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

They should just automatically resurrect you after you’ve failed.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Yes, I don’t see how this fosters a better community when 99% of the time people just walk past your body.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

so does the floor only open when the time runs up? and if you die then you’re ported back up? more often than not, when my wife got downed / defeated, she was ported back to the NPCs outside, defeated. whereas i was downed/defeated once and the ground opened and i had to WP, run all the way back, etc etc

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Not only that, but killing people who fail a challenge is … really skeevy, in terms of theme. Is this Rome, where hordes of sadistic freaks were screeching for the public slaughter and torture of gladiators and prisoners in the Circus Maximus? Or is it a supposedly half-decent, half-civilized society celebrating the prowess of its heroes? Who’s going to save everyone’s hides from the real enemies out there if all these fighters are deliberately killed when they don’t spec glass cannon DPS as everyone apparently “should” take a second too long to kill a pretend-enemy?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyanThomas.4182

RyanThomas.4182

Not only that, but killing people who fail a challenge is … really skeevy, in terms of theme. Is this Rome, where hordes of sadistic freaks were screeching for the public slaughter and torture of gladiators and prisoners in the Circus Maximus? Or is it a supposedly half-decent, half-civilized society celebrating the prowess of its heroes? Who’s going to save everyone’s hides from the real enemies out there if all these fighters are deliberately killed when they don’t spec glass cannon DPS as everyone apparently “should” take a second too long to kill a pretend-enemy?

You should know by now that Anet doesn’t really care about story plausibility when implementing mechanics.

Blackgate – Love and War [LAW]
5 Ele meta let’s go

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Having to farm tickets for more tries, and not being ressed after losing a fight is the worst.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

They should just automatically resurrect you after you’ve failed.

This is a good idea, but penatly is still too harsh imo – Tickets should be gone or have a low cost.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

its only either waypoint walk or queue

because if you have to queue that long than there are enough people to rez you

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I don’t really mind the tickets and the repair costs, but the running and wp cost is really annoying.
if there were more people interested in the gauntlet we could have a chance at getting ressed, but my server is pretty desolate in the upper tier of the pavillion – everybody’s zerging down below.

why even add a repair NPC if you’ll never be able to use it, as you have to port (which for some reason even costs, despite being within a city) anyway.