Personal Portal

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

If so, it will probably be prohibitively expensive, just like all the other “quality of life” permanent items we don’t actually need. RE: Portable crafting tables, bank access, merchants etc, all of which are made moot by the ability to go straight to WvW from anywhere.

Wait, wait-wait-wait-wait-WAIT!
Were the gemstore portable crafting tables permanent!?
I avoided buying those BECAUSE I thought they were crappy one-shot items.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I’m guessing the recipe is going to require something like 100+ lodestones?

/sigh

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The portal is a one-time use consumable that effectively allows you to use a skill that is similar to the mesmer’s portal. We recognize that it’s a very powerful item, so the recipe is quite rare and takes considerable resources to manufacture.

What trade is going to be able to craft this? It would be a shame if you only could use a few trades to craft it. I cover all the crafts between my alts, and then I cant trade it to alts that might not have that craft?

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I am confused. Its consumable bundle like SpyKit for example OR its consumable what I use once and its unlock teleport skill for utility slot with unlimited uses?

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Seriously… expensive and rare recipe requiring lots of rare materials for a one-time use consumable?

OK… next!!!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Hmmz I thought it was a portal to town kind of thing. Well I’ll see how this goes, but one time only and rare crafting both make me wonder about it.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Oh come on people, you’re being stupid. First you wanted a portal like mesmers have, you wanted it so bad that some of you said that if others didnt get it, then it shouldnt be in game. Now you got the portal, yes it is expensive because Anet wants Mesmers to feel special again that we have such skill. So please just stop whining because you make yourselves look like pigs

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Oh come on people, you’re being stupid. First you wanted a portal like mesmers have, you wanted it so bad that some of you said that if others didnt get it, then it shouldnt be in game. Now you got the portal, yes it is expensive because Anet wants Mesmers to feel special again that we have such skill. So please just stop whining because you make yourselves look like pigs

And yet everyone can get a flamethrower or a med kit for a few coppers…

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

g e o.2589

Engineers have 6 kits, with no cd for use of them.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

this brings one step closer to the hybrid class.. thiefmer!! now where is my timewarp orb and wvw pvp restriction release ticket?

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

So.. Anet its agreed with tricking Jumping Puzzles? I mean.. SS cove JP its one of the harder and challenging JP , and should be for people that put efforts to complete it.

But no.

All we can see is massive lazy people that instead of make it, (Or just not make, if don’t want, don’t do) we haves mesmers “PORTING FOR TIP< TIP VERY APRECIATED”.

And this had spread all along the game. 70% of Jumping puzzles had been tricked with mesmer portals, but now… everyone can trick. Jumping Puzzles its not more a question of challenge, because you do it don’t make any sense. All got the same rewards as you, but being VERY LAZY and stupids.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Engineers have 6 kits, with no cd for use of them.

And? We were talking about skills not being exclusive to classes. As i said, some already aren’t – and they’re also quite cheap to get. Oh, sure, the flamethrower differs in a couple skills, but the medical kit seems identical to the engineer’s one.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

At DEV

Considering current PvE situation where many professions are less likely to be accepted in party.

Did you consider the impact of that stuff?

I mean its not that a mesmer c an have a consumable to have 100Blades, banners and heavy armor :/

We risk to go towards situation of 5 warrior parties everywhere if its cheap.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

At DEV

Considering current PvE situation where many professions are less likely to be accepted in party.

I mean its not that a mesmer c an have a consumable to have 100Blades, banners and heavy armor :/

no… its just that some will put on their blind glasses and start to kick mesmers out of every party.. saying they has no damage / aoe / etc2.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Um, don’t non-mesmers already have access to a portal bundle item for PvE?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Teleportation_Gun

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Um, don’t non-mesmers already have access to a portal bundle item for PvE?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Teleportation_Gun

its not the same thing and was nerfed due to abuse…..

And infact it had a similar effect but in the past PvE balance wasn t as bad as its today.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

More clarification:

• It’s an artificer recipe
  • You can trade the output of the recipe between characters on your account
  • The recipe makes a one-time use item, it does not unlock a new skill
  • This is not going to replace a mesmer in your party

(edited by AnthonyOrdon.3926)

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

BUY BUY BUY ARTIFICER MATERIALS

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

The portal is a one-time use consumable that effectively allows you to use a skill that is similar to the mesmer’s portal. We recognize that it’s a very powerful item, so the recipe is quite rare and takes considerable resources to manufacture.

One use only with rare materials?

At least there are plans to introduce similar mechanics in other professions skills? Mesmers are the most wanted profession at Jumping Puzzles and WvW because of their unique skill, I was hoping for it to become more universal with this item (and in adition to being so valuable for community teamwork over maps, it’s the only case where only one profession can do something).

Good post.

The Mesmers’ portal is a game defining skill (in Dungeon and JP farming, and in WvW). This game defining skill is only available to a single class, but is available to all builds within that class (because Mesmer’s don’t have to trait for it).

So making portals more widely accessible is a great idea.

The cost to make these portals items does sound disconcertingly high. If it’s too high there’s a risk that it could detrimentally widen the gulf between established players and new entrants. Why? Because, unlike Legendaries which give little to no real advantage over ‘ordinary’ items, personal portals will give a significant advantage but only for those with the GW2 resources to make them.

Also, by pricing these so high, adding this new supply of portals to the game may have the counter intuitive effect of increasing the amount people pay to use a portal (for things like JPs and short term content). Why? Because it embeds into the game the high cost of portals. Instead of actually correcting an imbalance in the Mesmer class, it could make Mesmers even more desirable compared with other classes.

(edited by Zenguy.6421)

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

At DEV

That’s a problem with PvE balancing across all classes, not portals.

If the only thing stopping Warriors being the exclusive class for major PvE content is that they don’t have a single skill form a single other class, then the problem is not that skill – it’s the lack of balance across all classes in PvE.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

More clarification:

• You can trade the output of the recipe between classes

So if my mesmer is an artificer (level 400) is there a chance I can cause a rift in the space/time continuum that… oh crap… now we know what happened to the Thaumanova Reactor… it’s not something that happened in the past but something that will happen in the future that affects the past!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

It’s not allowed in WvW or sPvP.

Also to be clear, the recipe is exotic and tradeable, but the output of said recipe is not.

I would love it, if you could use it in WvW…

But as a pure PvE item, its only use is JP’s really isn’t it? So doesn’t really have much appeal…

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

No, it sounds like a PvE only utility skill that has a very difficult way to acquire it. Once you learn it, it can be slotted in or out for any other utility skill and has a cool down and functionality similair to the mesmer portal.

In no way does “single use item”, imply it becomes a learned utility skill. Why would you make such a HUGE leap to an illogical conclusion?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

More clarification:

• You can trade the output of the recipe between classes

So if my mesmer is an artificer (level 400) is there a chance I can cause a rift in the space/time continuum that… oh crap… now we know what happened to the Thaumanova Reactor… it’s not something that happened in the past but something that will happen in the future that affects the past!

Do not cross the streams!!!!!

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

At DEV

That’s a problem with PvE balancing across all classes, not portals.

If the only thing stopping Warriors being the exclusive class for major PvE content is that they don’t have a single skill form a single other class, then the problem is not that skill – it’s the lack of balance across all classes in PvE.

No, the only think stopping that is that not EVERYONE wants to play a warrior all the time. It’s freakin’ PvE….why does it matter if someone “wants” you in their party? Any party that wants a Mesmer in PvE just for the portal skill is not a party I care to join. (sans actually doing a punishing JP). Also, why do I have to join a party to put up a portal or use one?

There is NO reason to balance classes for general PvE. Now if we are talking Dungeons….well there is a reason 60% of the player base has never completed one.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If it is a one-use item, but it is very expensive to make… why would I want to craft it? At best you’d use this for dungeon speed runs, or for jumping puzzles. In both cases you’d need lots of them, not just one. Bringing an actual mesmer would be a much cheaper alternative.

Unless we see an everlasting portal stone in the gemstore a few weeks later…. Is that the plan?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Also to be clear, the recipe is exotic and tradeable, but the output of said recipe is not.

But as a pure PvE item, its only use is JP’s really isn’t it? So doesn’t really have much appeal…

Indeed. The experimental teleport gun isn’t usable in dungeons or WvW either.
It’s one of those things to pull e.g. a group of guildies through a JP without having to go “ah darn it, guess I’ll load my mesmer if no one else is going to”.

Not going to bother

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I would’ve much preferred the personal portal to be a free port to your race capital, like someone suggested (and to get some traffic off LA) or even a waypoint you can save to a waypoint of your choosing, sort of in LoTRO (1-hour cooldown). Either would’ve been a great addition.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I would’ve much preferred the personal portal to be a free port to your race capital, like someone suggested (and to get some traffic off LA) or even a waypoint you can save to a waypoint of your choosing, sort of in LoTRO (1-hour cooldown). Either would’ve been a great addition.

Agreed. I was very interested in this item until I read the dev’s post about what it actually was. I’ve gone nearly a year just fine without having mesmer portals… I’m sure as heck not gonna spend what sounds like at least 50s for a stupid one-time-use version…

I assumed this would be an alternative to hubbing to Lion’s Arch through SPvP and WvW, which really appealed to me because I am incredibly sick and tired of being in that city. But no. Oh well.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

The portal is a one-time use consumable

And just like that, I lose all interest in this item forever.

Oh er, oops no. I misspoke. Crafting tables were temporary consumables. Which made them even more useless. I’m of the opinion that they would have been largely useless even as permanent items, though.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

The portal is a one-time use consumable

And just like that, I lose all interest in this item forever.

Oh er, oops no. I misspoke. Crafting tables were temporary consumables. Which made them even more useless. I’m of the opinion that they would have been largely useless even as permanent items, though.

You would think the incredibly high prices for things like INFINITE tonics and PERMANENT black lion services and INFINITE gathering tools would be a wakeup call to Anet that people like that sort of thing. Guess not. Y u no want my $$$ Anet?

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Well, would have it been an unlimited consumable, it would have called for a new skill to replace mesmer’s portal. Because then there would be absolutely no reason to use it and waste an utility slot. So good or bad, it is at least unsurprising.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

this sounds like a bad idea and a bad trend. potential to trivialize content for those who bust out the credit card.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

The portal is a one-time use consumable that effectively allows you to use a skill that is similar to the mesmer’s portal. We recognize thakittens a very powerful item, so the recipe is quite rare and takes considerable resources to manufacture.

And will we be able to use this skill in WvW/sPvP/Dungeons? Or just open world.

I’m incredibly wary of this. It sounds very close to P2W where you can pay a lot of gold to get access to an incredibly powerful skill.

or you could level a mesmer up to like 20

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

What a let down, reading this, I thought it was like a Hearthstone to get main cities. What a boring recipe to think of

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

One time use? Lame.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

this sounds like a bad idea and a bad trend. potential to trivialize content for those who bust out the credit card.

I don’t see anything mentioning its available thru the gem store???

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

g e o.2589

We had nothing and you asked to have Portal available to everyone, now you have it under some conditions and you are not happy.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

I don’t see anything mentioning its available thru the gem store???

It’s available for gold, easy to convert gems to gold.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

More clarification:

so the portal gun for a few points of karma is the superior item?! Hmmm.

I would have loved this if it were a new utility skill, but one-time use means opening your inventory… not very userfriendly at all Instead of making those one-time use items more userfriendly (what’s wrong with those acting as kind-of-engi-kits / utility skills) we get another one.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

so the portal gun for a few points of karma is the superior item?! Hmmm.

The portal gun is just a type of a leap: it leaps and creates portal between start and end of the leap. You can’t place the two portals far from each other.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

More clarification:

Can mesmers get a different recipe output that is actually useful to them? Just sayin…I love the idea of a personal portal thing no new shinies for mesmers [/joking]

But it sounds like a great idea and I like the fact that it won’t be useable in WvW! It’ll be interesting to see how it all works out.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

More clarification:

Can mesmers get a different recipe output that is actually useful to them? Just sayin…I love the idea of a personal portal thing…but it’s pretty useless for the people who have them no new shinies for mesmers

But it sounds like a great idea and I like the fact that it won’t be useable in WvW! It’ll be interesting to see how it all works out.

Good for the 7 classes, outshine the benefit of the 1 class. PLUS, you guys own in pvp already. Quit wanting everything.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

so the portal gun for a few points of karma is the superior item?!

Portal gun actually costs 32 copper, Personally I hold that a bit higher than karma. Karma is about 10/1 to copper for me.

More clarification:

Still I don’t see any point or use to this item. There are plenty of things in the game already that can be used. while any significant cost will make this item unwanted even if it was better than the regular portal, and from what your saying it’s going to be worse.

As a jump puzzle enthusiast I treat the entire game world as a jump puzzle. I’m always climbing on buildings, getting onto cliffs, and sneaking into story-mode spots. I would believe this item would be best for one of my position but from what I’ve heard I cant see this being very useful.

This item needs to be either very cheap (<50 copper) or unlimited uses. Otherwise this will just fade away into the sea of items just like the mini moa egg from Kappa (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Moa_Trainer_Kappa)

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Anyone that is struggling to get through a jumping puzzle, will have to use more than one of these portals to get through. Because not all JP’s allow for you to instantly teleport to the end. The Aetherblade jumping puzzle for example, is one of those things where people keep trying the dive, and then having to portal back up again. Would any of these people actually be interested in a one-use item? Especially if it is expensive to craft?

Guess we’ll just wait for the inevitable everlasting-version that will probably pop up in the gemstore.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Why not tradeable? I think need more tradeable commodities in the market. Food and potions being a bit stagnant for some time.

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why not tradeable? I think need more tradeable commodities in the market. Food and potions being a bit stagnant for some time.

I would assume because making it tradeable would make it possible to require a high amount of them from anywhere (with the Black Lion Pick-up item) rather than being required to actually get them before running out on your adventures.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

cof p1 with no fear to be crusher by the fbig flamy balls
just let it not be too expensive

crap I must lvl up my artficier quickly

ArenaNet please – don’t make this RECIPE to require 80 lvl – I have some characters that by now only use of them is crafting…
and that is rather sad that every “new” recipe require lvl 80 to use (learn) – in that way I don’t have another choice and lvl up characters that I don’t see any need to lvl up to 80… or to do it too quick – and if this will require 80 to just learn recipe I would consider myself forced to make lvl 80 out from 17 as quick as possible + 400 crafting lvl in artificier….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Personal Portal

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278