Please nerf Queen's Gauntlet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Here’s the difficulty. Queen’s Gauntlet is incredibly frustrating and annoying at best and downright impossible at worse. Not everyone can multitask (Tier 2 Fight 3 Pirates). Not everyone can handle chaotic environments (Tier 2 Fight 2 Kieldia). Not everyone can handle both (Tier 3 Liadri).

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE GAUNTLET FOR ANY REASON. It is solely there for those who like a PvE challenge. Not getting the achievements won’t hurt you in ANY way. It is still a GAME anyone can play. That doesn’t mean every single challenge is something every single player can do. What’s so wrong with that? It’s supposed to be hard and if you don’t complete it you miss out on nothing more than a mini and a couple of acheevos.

And frankly if you can’t multitask then you’re SoL. It shouldn’t be easier just because some people can’t do the fights. If it were a case of the fights being tied to rewards like treadmill stuff such as better stats and so on I would be one of the first people to shout it down. But you don’t have to do this, not by any measure.

pretty much this.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Here’s the difficulty. Queen’s Gauntlet is incredibly frustrating and annoying at best and downright impossible at worse. Not everyone can multitask (Tier 2 Fight 3 Pirates). Not everyone can handle chaotic environments (Tier 2 Fight 2 Kieldia). Not everyone can handle both (Tier 3 Liadri).

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE GAUNTLET FOR ANY REASON. It is solely there for those who like a PvE challenge. Not getting the achievements won’t hurt you in ANY way. It is still a GAME anyone can play. That doesn’t mean every single challenge is something every single player can do. What’s so wrong with that? It’s supposed to be hard and if you don’t complete it you miss out on nothing more than a mini and a couple of acheevos.

And frankly if you can’t multitask then you’re SoL. It shouldn’t be easier just because some people can’t do the fights (with the exception of poor accessibility for stuff like colorblind folks). If it were a case of the fights being tied to rewards like treadmill stuff such as better stats and so on I would be one of the first people to shout it down. But you don’t have to do this, not by any measure.

Achievement chests.
They decided to tie rewards to your amount of achievement points, therefore now every little point counts.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Only thing the gauntlet needs is better usability. The multiple NPC/menu system is absolutely awful. If you create something like this “immersion” is already out the window so why not make it all in one menu that you can que up for anywhere in the Pavilion?

Then there’s the whole other issue of a que. Why was it not instanced? Also why am I not rezed after I get out?

The actual fights are great, they scale well and they are, for the most part, interesting. It’s just encased in a plethora of horrid usability issues.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

No. You can get acheevo points from kitten near everything and missing out on the gauntlet is not screwing you in any meaningful way.

And frankly if you can’t multitask then you’re SoL. It shouldn’t be easier just because some people can’t do the fights (with the exception of poor accessibility for stuff like colorblind folks). If it were a case of the fights being tied to rewards like treadmill stuff such as better stats and so on I would be one of the first people to shout it down. But you don’t have to do this, not by any measure.

Achievement chests.
They decided to tie rewards to your amount of achievement points, therefore now every little point counts.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Everyone replying please go install Guild Wars and run Gates of Madness, Glint’s Challenge and Shards of Orr solo and then come back and tell me it was LOLeasy. I guarantee you will not.

I use these three missions as a gauge to tell me how difficult content is in GW2. Queen’s Gauntlet is at a level of difficulty much higher than those three. I am saying nerf the difficulty to be on par with them. Right now it is just mind-numbing frustration and annoyance. I am saying this after having reached Tier 3, Fight 1.

Gates of Madness: Easy

Glint’s Challenge: I recall this one being easy also. Hell, weren’t there builds designed with the express purpose of solo farming it?

Never did Shards of Orr myself, the dungeons in EoTN never really interested me.

And you can’t compare GW1 and GW2 difficulty wise as the mechanics are entirely different in every possible way.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Halmi Hammerfell: add a more prominent visual cue to his wind-up. Something like what Ettins have.

Doobroosh: add a UI next to Doobroosh target profile that shows a counter for how long his buffs wears off.

Windcaller Kieldia: Either 1. lessen the number of tornados or 2. Lessen the amount of damage she does within melee range.

Suriel the Blazing Light: add a more prominent visual cue to show when she is casting her Solar Flare ability.

Tyre Ragemaw: I think this boss is fine the way he is.

Masticus: I think this boss is fine the way he is.

Salazan: There should be red circles on the ground wherever fire projectiles are located.

The crew of the pirate ship Ravenous: Where to begin on this one. Either:
1. lower the amount of damage they do or,
2. Lower their HP or,
3. Remove the mechanic that restores to full health all mobs after each kill or
4. Remove Stitches and give Master Gunner, Captain Barnicus and First Mate Gaets a small passive health regen (similar to Guardian’s Virtue of Resolve)

1. Hammerfell’s wind-up is huge! It has a large particle effect and a sound effect to top it off. If you can’t see his wind-up, then you might want to consider glasses.

2. Doobroosh grows when you hit him and shrinks when you’re not hitting him. Just smacking him gives you that visual cue. He’s not very fast so just range him down and you’ll never have a problem with him. Got him on my first try.

3. Windcaller is easy too. Stay against the edge of the ring and range her. You’ll only ever see 2 tornadoes circle around the outside edge so all you need to do is dodge those 2.

4. Suriel is a bit harder, but you don’t need to know when she’s about to one shot you. Make sure you go in and out of the dark circle and have the shadowy/smoke (buff you get from going through the circle) on you at all times and her one hit AOE will never kill you. The buff lasts for 4 seconds so run through it, wait 3 seconds, then go back through it.

5. Salazan doesn’t need red circles on the ground. The bright, flaming, fireballs of death aren’t a big enough visual cue?

6. The crew is not that bad. Prioritize. Stitches first, gunner second. After those two are dead, the rest are a cake walk.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

To be honest

I’m a crappy player, I can’t dodge, my reflexes are to slow, I lose keys ( on my keyboard) and have to look were my fingers are, I have long nails so i may hit the wrong key as well.

but I don’t see why content should be nerfed because I find it difficult, Back in the day playing metroid and super metroid I used to love the challange of fighting a boss that took a while to learn how to kill it, that was a sense of achievement. I would hate to take that away from someone else just because I suck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ruke.7062

Ruke.7062

should be nerfed you shouldn’t have to eat things, turn off post processing, and join a group to make it doable

and it seems to me certain jobs are having an easier time with the gauntlet so it that is unbalanced if that is the case

To help you dodge, you can try some food such as Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew (quite expensive but give you +40% endurance refill rate).
Join a group and have her marked as a target by using ctrl +T. You may lose your target (especially in phase 2) during the fight and that can be fatal when you are trying to burst her down. To quickly acquire your target, just press T.
Turn off post-processing so your screen doesn’t turn black when she blinds you.
Have skills that give you invulnerability or block incase you can’t dodge out of the AoE circles.
Have a condition removal or swiftness for phase 2 since you will be crippled.
Blind works on the Visions of Morality and if you blind them when they explode, they won’t kill you.

(edited by Ruke.7062)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Berserker.9372

Berserker.9372

Please don’t nerf. Achievements are called as such because you basically need to achieve it. All the achievements in the past don’t deserve to be called as such as they were mostly grinding.

If you can’t finish the achievements in the QG, then just accept that you don’t have the skills to finish it. Do some other contents. Pretty cheap if you want them to nerf a challenging content just so completionists without much skill/learn the content can actually finish it.

Suck it up and move on.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Absolutely disgusting Korval. What do you think they’re called Tier 2 and Tier 3 respectively ? Because those are the difficulties for players seeking a challenge. Yes, they exist.
If you are overwhelmed with those higher tiers, maybe you should settle for one that is designed with your sensibilities in mind, like a lower Tier 1 (or Tier 2).

Do you not see anything wrong with your mentality?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

So let me get this straight, because it’s tied to achievements, you think you shouldn’t actually have to be able to achieve anything other than face rolling a keyboard? If other players are better and can achieve more, then they deserve more achievement points.

As for the actual achievement chests- No, they don’t matter. It’s just some badges, karma, laurels, pvp skins and a few gem items. All of these things you can get far, far faster by actually aiming for them than trying to grind achievement points.

Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned Gate of Madness, Glint’s Challenge, and Shards of Orr. Those are not cake walks in GW. Gate of Madness for example is “considered one of the hardest in the Nightfall campaign

As for this-
Shards of Orr solo- Never tried soloing it (unless by solo you mean H/H, then yes, it’s easy).
Glint’s Challenge HM- It can be somewhat challenging maybe? You shouldn’t fail with a decent group of players that know what their doing (aka did it in normal mode).
Gates of Madness HM- This is nightfall, you have heroes. Good heroes makes everything except Urgoz and the Deep H/Hable. With players, you just took some decent builds mixed with good pve skills and made sure you knew the environmental effect. Don’t overaggro on the way to the end and then pull shiro and kill him alone if you want the easy way out.
Even if it was “one of the hardest in the Nightfall campaign”, that’s not saying much seeing as the campaign content isn’t something difficult.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Some people take 10 tries others take 100. If you want it nerfed it means you haven’t tried enough.

Entitled much? This isn’t a black or white issue.

It also means they just don’t have the skill or maybe the patience or perhaps the gold or even the time or the fast connection to avoid FPS/latency issues or the luck or the fortune to not encounter bugs and glitches or a lot of things that have kitten to do with “TRY HARDER SCRUB”.

That said, don’t nerf the Gauntlet so the hardcores can have their content and leave the rest of us gamers of all types (not just “icky casuals”) alone. PVP, Fractals and WVW aren’t enough for them, I guess. That’s all content not made for me (but I’m forced into wvw for map completion – super fair, Anet).

Also, not all content was meant for all gamers. This is one of those. Accepting that and that you can’t do it doesn’t make you a bad player either – it means it just doesn’t fit your play style and that’s okay. I skip JP because my disabilities mean I can’t precision jump or dodge.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i aggree 100% with all your changes but sadly anet coudnt balance content to save their lives they are pathetically awful at it. and they never fix living world content probaly because “who cares itl be gone in a week so y should we fix what we made”

as for me i give up on the gauntlet its a total waist of my time and money….gj anet…..

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I beat it with my necro in full zerker gear. I still think Anet are idiots though for putting players through that. Putting one shot mobs and a long run back is sure to kitten people off. They seem to be pretty good at that though.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aeroali.2814

Aeroali.2814

It is tough, but if there are multiple people that have completed it, that means it is possible. I myself can’t pass the fire boss in tier 2. I got to the little bugger without dying on any of the previous bosses and I thought, “hey this isn’t too bad” until I got to him. I have died 15 times on him and I seriously am getting worse (ie like dying almost instantly)lol. But guess what, that’s ok. Not everyone can have everything. And if i am not good enough to beat him, then I’m just not. I might try again later or i might not. Either way, I understand wanting something that you haven’t earned, but the mature thing to do (especially when there are quite a few who have completed it) is to either keep trying, or give up and be ok with it. I haven’t decided which one I am going to do yet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

You made, according to your manifesto, a game for anyone to play. So regardless of skill people understandably want to get their achievements done. They want to at least finish Queen’s Gauntlet the best way they can.

Why do people take what they said in their manifesto (a game for anyone to play) to mean that everything should be easy to get by everyone who tries or barely tries. This is why for this event ANET put in 2 achievement categories. For those that didn’t want/couldn’t beat the gauntlet, they could still enjoy the other side of this living story event.

Their is nothing preventing you from trying to beat these bosses and taking part, but no where in their manifesto did they ever say that everything is achievable by everyone. IF that were the case, I want to place first in one of their PvP tourneys. I think they should nerf the competition soo much that I can win. Or, as a casual player, I think the Emperor achievement (buy every piece of culture gear…so between 700-800 gold) needs to be nerfed so you only need 6 pieces from each race.

This event WILL be coming back at some point. If you don’t get all the achievements this time round, you can always try again when it comes back. I for one do not wish for them to nerf this encounter. No, I have not got all the achievements yet. Yes I plan to continue trying to get them by changing my build around, or trying it with a different character. IF I don’t get them all, I will wait till later, maybe then I’ll be able to complete it.

EDIT: The only thing that needs changing is making the entire gauntlet it’s own instance (you can keep it a public instance, but separate it from the zerg farm below), and have a closer wp (or better yet insta rez when you get “defeated”).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

For the record, play=/= beat.
Anyway, a game for everyone to play would mean having something for everyone, not everything is for everybody, which is impossible. If everything were easy to beat, it’d no longer be a game for everyone to play because it excludes the group of people who like challenge. Also, gauntlet isn’t disappearing, it’s coming back.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

no just no, plenty of people have been able to finish the gauntlet on multiple classes if you can’t it’s a l2p issue and you need to get better

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

-Camera confined to small room making controlling the camera part of the difficulty- sorry, but I don’t want ‘being able to see what I want to see’ to be part of what I have to manage, and as this issue has come up multiple times before, this is just proof of the disgusting lack of attention Anet is giving feedback in this game

-a floor that hides many of the effect circles- this is a huge issue when the circles are coming fast, and all OHKO you- we get it, you can’t think of any way to make a fight hard other than ‘lol let’s throw in a bunch of instant kill abilities’, that’s fine, nobody expects creativity from you by now- but at the least, don’t make seeing the visual cues part of the problem. How could you not know that floor was going to make this a big issue?

-speaking of visual cues- if you’re going to have OHKOs, they need to be well telegraphed- most of the telegraphing is kitten poor in the Gauntlet, or, it’s so minor, you can’t see it over the effects of the spells you’re casting. Unfortunately, even missing it by a little bit can mean death. Or, telegraphs that often don’t show at all- mines that don’t show up, yet still kill you, or a sniper shot that you sometimes get the full animation for it, sometimes it’s near instant, and sometimes he shoots you before he’s even appeared from his teleport.

When you base the difficulty widely around making things hard to see- which is the case with the poor floor choice, the camera, and the lack of telegraphing- yes, you make it difficult, naturally it’s going to be difficult when you’re being one shot by something you can’t see. But that’s the kind of difficulty that is FRUSTRATING, not enjoyable to overcome.

When I die in DaS, I can always look back and say ‘well, here’s where I messed up’ because it’s generally due to getting kitteny, parrying a bit too early/late, having bad positioning, etc… and when I get past something, it’s satisfying.

When I die because of random BS or due to poor visual choices- it’s just frustrating, and when I do get past a boss after many tries; yes, I’m relieved, but it really feels like nothing more than luck. And it’s even less satisfying to then watch someone playing one of Anet’s ‘chosen classes’ do the same boss in ten seconds without having to try.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cirnex.9567

Cirnex.9567

Don’t make it easier, but for kitten’s sake don’t make these kinds of things temporary. kitten is seriously kitten ing me off. Hard as kitten Permanent content that i can take my time with and learn = fine. Hard as kitten that i have to rush and if i have any sort of RL it only makes it harder = screw you Anet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Don’t make it easier, but for kitten’s sake don’t make these kinds of things temporary. kitten is seriously kitten ing me off. Hard as kitten Permanent content that i can take my time with and learn = fine. Hard as kitten that i have to rush and if i have any sort of RL it only makes it harder = screw you Anet.

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

I do agree that the fights utilize different tactics. This is what I find to be the fun part about them though. When a player gets stuck on a fight because he/she is weak in that area, then it should encourage the player to plan. The memorable fights weren’t the easiest, but the ones that really pushed me and the understanding of my profession.

I would be in favor of changes that smooth out the experience rather then simply lower the difficulty :
1) better telegraphing for big attacks
2) further zoomed out camera/ better camera that doesn’t bug
3) make the 2nd floor higher to make FPS drop from zergs underneath less an issue
4) remove the need to be rezzed after failing a fight, keeping the armor penalty.

Knowledge is power.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

I do not agree with this ‘nerf’. Finally, i had challange doing achievments. Before this patch every single achievment was incredibli easy. Something like – ooh, I must collect 40 crystals… coool. Or – Oh man, talk to 6 person in the circle, that might be hard!
This is the first living story when you have to spend some time and show your skill that you actually deserve these achievments. If they are too hard for you – keep trying (or resign).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

no just no, plenty of people have been able to finish the gauntlet on multiple classes if you can’t it’s a l2p issue and you need to get better

typical elitist attitude lol. I finished it and I still think it’s a piece of trash lacking imagination, filled with bugs and cheap mechanism. You mad?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xapheus.1235

Xapheus.1235

You made, according to your manifesto, a game for anyone to play. So regardless of skill people understandably want to get their achievements done.

This patch is inclusive of everyone. They even have two sets of achievements to reflect this: Queen’s Jubilee VS Queen’s Gauntlet. I think it’s a fallacy to think that everything should be for everyone “regardless of skill.” Guild Wars games have always had the goal of being skill-based. People with higher skill should reap better rewards in skill-based games. The Queen’s Gauntlet is for people who really understand traits, their class, and some deeper mechanics of the game. To the others, there is the Queen’s Jubilee set of achievements.

“Achievements” should not merely be participation ribbons and I’m glad they have a whole category in this patch that requires a bit more out of the players.

League of Omnipotents [Omni] @ Fort Aspenwood

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

what i hate of queen’s gauntlet:

TIMER

Always zerker stuff true?
anything but zerker sucks……..

Will we someday see something that isn t a dps check?

when i saw timer i just completed the tier and quit this stuff……

Plenty have beat her without zerker gear.

Now either PvE is hugely unbalanced or its a dps check.
Or both peraps…..

What you will see if you stay 10 min watching Others is gw2 is really bad when it comes to SOLOING stuff if you want some sort of balance.

Just watch how people complete some of the most difficult challenges.

The best part is that the “challenging” part of lliadri is the horrible camera management that gives you headache in 2 min.

If it didn t have the ceiling to prevent you to use your camera as in dungeons it would be easy……..

In few words just to point out as devs does Always same mistakes.

This is AS hard and AS balanced as halloween JP.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

Not everyone can multitask. Not everyone can handle chaotic environments Not everyone can handle both.

Not everyone is entitled to the achievement, just because it exists.

Achievement
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance

I think it’s disingenuous and dishonest to release content in such a way that many feel is doable but in fact is intended to only be completed by a small 5% of the community.

Anet should add [ELITE] badges on Achievements to show from the beginning the level of difficult. This way players know they will probably not complete it. At least this would acceptable.

P.S. If there were no repair costs, WP costs, etc. associated with the event I would not have a problem, but you have players spending dozens, even hundreds of gold for this one event alone. I don’t think that’s fair.

Where are you getting this crap statistic from? I have completed every achieve for this event, and the majority of people on my server and others i see in the gauntlet have either beaten liadri or are at least up to ladri. 5% is a SERIOUS miscalculation.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

I disagree with nerfing this in anyway. It feels really awesome to have the Liadri mini, and nerfing this would minimize that feeling of accomplishment.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ruby Highfarm.6073

Ruby Highfarm.6073

The Gauntlet is really easy if you have no gambits on…
No nerfs needed…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Where are you getting this crap statistic from?

83% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

To quote Ramin Shokrizade:

“You will see that the latest generation of casual gamers is actually somewhat crippled in their ability to master even simple games compared to the previous generation. I propose that this is because this generation is so over stimulated compared to previous generations that the reward mechanisms for games have to be stronger and more quickly delivered to capture the attention of contemporary audiences or otherwise they get bored/discouraged much more quickly.”

No nerf needed tbh. If you don’t like it or can’t beat it there’s no need. Just leave it alone. At least that’s what you guys tell us more (or less) hardcore players when we whine that content is too easy or too boring.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Just fix the camera….

Anet, just remove the domes and all will be good. Yeah, I know you do not admit to have made a mistake. Cover it up as part of the living story. Explosion in the arena that shattered the domes and we will forgive you once more and never talk about it again.